Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Totally Random

Old 03-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Counsel

I love this song and I don't even drink. But I do eat schnitzel, so yeah it's always a nice day to go to the pub
Old 03-12-2019, 11:54 PM
Emissary

I <3 Skating Polly

And speaking of Beer, coming from the dark dank depths of 00's NZ:

They started off as a joke band on Back of the Y, a stupid dude TV show, and ended up rather popular for a time.

And yeap, I like that Cosmic Psychos track, so very f*cking 'stralian.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:47 PM
Counsel

Talking

Just watched a couple of Skating Polly videos, that lead singer is crazy and pretty awesome
Cool band, they are really good at keeping the balance between indie pop and grunge. I appreciate those kinds of blends.

speaking of awesome lead singer, L7 is gonna release a new album on may 3rd. I'll be sure pick it up, they are one of my favorite bands ever. Maybe these girls are little bit less crazy than 30 years ago, but they still rock

btw my favorite song about beer is this one by the Fiery Furnaces. Awesome band.

edit: my favorite song about tea, also by the Fiery Furnaces:

Last edited by Volek; 03-13-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:02 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mess View Post
I <3 Skating Polly
Thanks mate, now I share that sentiment

I spent the whole day listening to everything they have on their youtube, as well as a lot of interviews and concert footage from when they were just little kids until now. Everytime they mention their influences in an interview, it's bands that I really like. You can definitely hear those influences, but they still manage to keep their own unique style and that's what I love about them.
Hell they even covered two of my favorite artists, Ol' Dirty Bastard and M.I.A.

Such an incredible band. There's only one (1) song out of several dozens that I did not really like at first listen, but that one is not too bad either and will probably grow on me. Right now I'm listening to their older albums Fuzz Steilacoom and The Big Fit on repeat (couldn't find a stream of the latest album).
These gals are badass! I wish them a long career, hopefully they don't get wornout by rock'n'roll lifestyle and/or the music industry shenanigans too soon. I hope to catch them live one day, but afaik they don't have any european tours planned atm.

edit: On another note, my #1 favorite band King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard just released a new song, haven't listened to it much yet because of Skating Polly

Last edited by Volek; 03-14-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:48 AM
Emissary

Sorry Volek, too messed up by what's happen here in Christchurch.

Last edited by medea fleecestealer; 03-15-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:29 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Sorry Volek, too messed up by what's happen here in Christchurch.
WTF I just heard about it. Never thought this kind of shit would happen in a country such as NZ. The world is so fucked

Last edited by medea fleecestealer; 03-15-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Let's keep politics out of this.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:13 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volek View Post
WTF I just heard about it. Never thought this kind of shit would happen in a country such as NZ. The world is so fucked
Same Anyhow, been coping by listening to Skating Polly's live sessions on youtube, and listening to The Big Fit.

Thank the fluffing elder things for anti-depressants, else I'd be far worse off...
Old 03-16-2019, 05:22 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Same Anyhow, been coping by listening to Skating Polly's live sessions on youtube, and listening to The Big Fit.
Hope you are alrite m8. I posted some Propagandhi and Leftöver Crack before but Medea removed them for obvious reasons.
After listening to those 2 bands for a while I was reminded of that line from A Little Late, "hate does not create". So I got back to Fuzz Steilacoom once again it's my current favorite album for sure. Big Fit is a close contender though Didn't listen to Make it All Show much yet, but theres some great songs on it as well. I just wish they would put their stuff up on Bandcamp, I don't like buying from itunes or amazon. Vinyl is afaik sold out anyways, hope they will do some international reissues in the future.

2 of my favorites
Old 03-17-2019, 07:39 PM
Counsel

Been listening to a lot of Sonic Youth tonite. One of my favorites is a song about Karen Carpenter

And this is my favorite song by Karen

The full instrumental version is great but I like this version with just bass and drums more. OMG that voice! <3

edit: was just reminded of this Carpenters remix.
another edit: Something felt off so I checked whosampled.com and turns out it's not a Carpenters sample, its actually Wendy Roberts. Never heard of her, still a beautiful voice and choon

Last edited by Volek; 03-17-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Tags
music, yo quiero taco bell, zantai is a nerd