Old 03-13-2019, 08:18 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyu View Post
1) Hiding non-Mythical versions of items
The lower versions often aren't interesting when planning a build and it just forces the user to find the cutoff line between lv. 75 and 82+ items every time.
If the lower versions were hidden by default (or as a persistent opt-in toggle in settings), it would save a lot of scrolling and make the list easier to peruse.
Ain't that easy. First of all there's no way to tell thata bunch of items with the same name are actually just different tiers of the same item but have different level, this can be assumed, but it might not alwayt be the case. I don't like to make assumptions and I don't like to hardcode stuff, so this is out of the question.
Quote:
An extra bonus would be if the hidden items weren't pre-loaded, to save time on weaker browsing devices.
This is also out of the question, because all data is on client side and if some stuff is removed, it won't be found when loading build that has it. There's an option to make several "packaged" version of the site based on such preferences, but this is just wrong.
Quote:
2) Hiding the lower versions of affixes
Same reasoning as above: the lower levels usually aren't relevant when searching for a specific affix and it would be much easier to browse if it were displayed as:
The idea is that the user doesn't have to look for the highest version of a thing in a long list and would thus be able to focus more on the actual objects that are neatly listed next to each other.
If this saves on load times as well, that would be a great side-bonus, especially when searching item descriptions.
The same concern applies here too, but at more larger scale, because apart from the "name issue", affixes with the same name may be attached to different slots, and while a certain affix can be max level for one slot, there's a chance that the same affix is mid tier for another slot. There's just a whole lot more assumptions here, so this is not a viable solution.

But in general I agree that there should be a way to filter/search for items based on attributes etc. and there will be a way in future, but the approach will be more generic.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:20 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukiyo View Post
It might be a bug, the grim tools specs do not match the 1.1 patch / the blacksmiths in game. I do not understand.
GT will be updated later today, currently it includes changes from playtest branch from couple days ago. As for blacksmith bonuses, please elaborate, because I have no idea what you mean, these bonuses were never shown in GT.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:20 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
GT will be updated later today, currently it includes changes from playtest branch from couple days ago.
Does that mean the relic's active skill won't be changed at all, or will it be a FG exclusive change?
I seriously hope for the latter considering all the new movement skills the xpac will add.

Quote:
As for blacksmith bonuses, please elaborate, because I have no idea what you mean, these bonuses were never shown in GT.
I think he's referring to the relic's blueprint which doesn't match the current GT version.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:23 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuranosuke View Post
Does that mean the relic's active skill won't be changed at all, or will it be a FG exclusive change?
I seriously hope for the latter considering all the new movement skills the xpac will add.

I think he's referring to the relic's blueprint which doesn't match the current GT version.
Can you please be more specific? I still don't have a clue what this means. What relic/blueprint?
Old 03-13-2019, 09:30 PM
Herald

Quote:
Can you please be more specific? I still don't have a clue what this means. What relic/blueprint?
Korvaak's Deception
Old 03-13-2019, 09:35 PM
Praetorian

Damn, it's right in the title, I never read post titles
This change was probably in 1.1.0.0 patch preview that listed all changes including FG ones, but currently this skill is still the same, that's why it's not actually listed in 1.1.0.0 patch notes. I believe this skill might stay the same in vanilla/aom even when FG is released.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Ain't that easy.
That's a shame, I see your point about not wanting to hard code rules.

Will be looking forward to see what advanced filter features you come up with.
Perhaps you could find a way toward a different display order so that even if all the items/affixes were loaded, the most relevant ones (highest available for the current item/affix instead of a generic rule?) would be displayed first.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:48 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Damn, it's right in the title, I never read post titles
This change was probably in 1.1.0.0 patch preview that listed all changes including FG ones, but currently this skill is still the same, that's why it's not actually listed in 1.1.0.0 patch notes. I believe this skill might stay the same in vanilla/aom even when FG is released.
THK u update.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:29 PM
Champion

I was looking at the relic's when i noticed this and wondering if the information of Arbiter is correct regarding the "20% Chance of 60% Elemental Resistance" ? I mean there is no amount of "for x seconds"
Old 03-14-2019, 06:53 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
I was looking at the relic's when i noticed this and wondering if the information of Arbiter is correct regarding the "20% Chance of 60% Elemental Resistance" ? I mean there is no amount of "for x seconds"
Do you know what it reads in game?

"20% Chance of 60% Elemental Resistance"