Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Supporter

I would call that a good sum-up. Honestly, Epic should have waited till their store could actually compete service-wise. I mean, by the sound of it they don't even have the freaking shopping cart...

There is nothing attractive to me they can offer. I am patient enough to wait till the exclusivity thing runs out. Steam and GOG are enough for me.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Champion

Um, I was taught in school in like the year 2001 that every online store must have a shopping cart. To not have one... is beyond stupid. What.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:14 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
Um, I was taught in school in like the year 2001 that every online store must have a shopping cart. To not have one... is beyond stupid. What.
To be fair, they only have like 10 games on it, so what are the chances of you buying more than one at a time
Old 04-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
To be fair, they only have like 10 games on it, so what are the chances of you buying more than one at a time
I have to admit this is the first time that I've seen a company make it harder for their customers to spend more money. Are they sure they understand capitalism?
Old 05-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Praetorian

Epic keeps doing bad stuff again and again and again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR30kHnT8hE

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix
Old 05-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Champion

Yet again I'm amazed at how non existent the public relations department at Epic is. Novice mistakes these.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:01 PM
Apostle

It wont change anything until people stop thinking with their emotions and use their brains.

At least we'll get a new Borderlands game.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibugsy View Post
It wont change anything until people stop thinking with their emotions and use their brains.
I will counter with that Epic should think with their wallet, not whatever they're using at the moment. They're running a business, the goal is to make money. Alienating a small but vocal and tech savvy minority of gamers makes no business sense. Why are they throwing away that market? Don't they have shareholders who can point this out? Maybe fortnite has made them all oblivious. Until the money runs out, anyway.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:11 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
Until the money runs out, anyway.
Fortnite isn't their only source of money. They have this other popular product. I believe they call it the Unreal Engine. I get the impression that does pretty well for them. And now with a store that constantly makes headlines (no matter whether good or bad, it's been making headlines for months now since they started down this path) I imagine they have plenty of "residual" income coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibly View Post
Epic keeps doing bad stuff again and again and again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR30kHnT8hE
Bellalur seems like a pretty level-headed sort, as evidenced by the video. Odd that he went with such a click-baity title tho as even he surmises that there are any number of reasons for the move that have nothing to do with "conspiracy". If it was an intentional move to harm Steams inroads into Linux with Proton that would seem like a pretty odd (and petty) move, honestly, and if it proved to be true would actually be my first real issue with Epic policy. All the other stuff doesn't really bother me overmuch.

Last edited by powbam; 05-07-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:25 PM
Praetorian

For any interested (which is likely few around these parts, but still..) Epic has launched a "Mega-sale".

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...epic-mega-sale

$10 off all games priced at $14.99 and above, and this even includes games that already might have a sale discount applied to them (as long as the minimum price is still $14.99 and up). It also includes any pre-purchases just before the start of the sale and includes any games you happened to buy just before the start of the sale, where they will refund you $10 automatically within 7-12 days.

The sale lasts until June 13th.

Last edited by powbam; 05-16-2019 at 10:40 PM.