Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:48 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Sarcasm is not gonna do you any favors if you want anyone to take you seriously.

And yes, i have used all channeling skills and skill disruption didn't helped much. Because, for the third time, you'll get disrupted anyway if you stay on the poison pools, making skill disruption resistance pretty much pointless.
But for difect skills, it's another talk. As well as for escape skills.

My build/guide:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64706
Old 05-16-2019, 04:54 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
But for difect skills, it's another talk. As well as for escape skills.
Even for those, you can easily get disrupted the exact moment you decide to use any of the skills. Meaning you have to press the skill again to use it.

The best course of action is still leaving the pool in its entirety instead of staying in it regardless of much skill disruption res you have. Effectively making this res nearly pointless. If anything, the game needs more enemies that use this status aliment effectively that can get countered in its entirety by the res. Actually justifying its existence.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:37 PM
Praetorian

Basically what Norzan is saying.

A few months ago people really wanted Disruption resistance uncapped, not because they necessarily wanted Disruption immunity in general, but because they wanted to make full use of Possession, which gives 100% Disruption resistance...which is 20% more than you can ever make use of. Given the sheer nuisance of the mechanic when it does proc on you and the fact that 80% Disruption Resistance is equally as deadly (or equally as sufficient) as 0%, I'd be fine to see the cap raised and the resist become more prevalent. It really is an 'all or nothing' resistance and right now it's physically impossible to have the 'all' end of the spectrum.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:39 PM
Advocate

Remove skill disruption from the game, give 100% stun resist to possession.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:32 PM
Champion

Quote:
Even for those, you can easily get disrupted the exact moment you decide to use any of the skills. Meaning you have to press the skill again to use it.
Yes, and that's when Disruption Resist makes clear difference. Without it, you usually get locked for 1 sec every 1 sec - meaning you dont have any window to use anything. But with disruption resist of 50-80%, you get 0.5-0.8 sec window - more than enough to use escape skill, for example, or use defensive skill, etc. And if you think you can always run from the pool - well, sometimes you get trapped by surrounding monsters, and while running you cant attack = cant leech = get beaten to death in short time. Using a single button to break the distance of 12-14 is far, FAR safer, than trying to run through an angry mob of enemies.

My build/guide:
Old 05-17-2019, 12:31 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
Yes, and that's when Disruption Resist makes clear difference. Without it, you usually get locked for 1 sec every 1 sec - meaning you dont have any window to use anything. But with disruption resist of 50-80%, you get 0.5-0.8 sec window - more than enough to use escape skill, for example, or use defensive skill, etc. And if you think you can always run from the pool - well, sometimes you get trapped by surrounding monsters, and while running you cant attack = cant leech = get beaten to death in short time. Using a single button to break the distance of 12-14 is far, FAR safer, than trying to run through an angry mob of enemies.
Still doesn't make skill disruption resistance useful. You still need to leave the pool regardless, CC res should completely counter it and not slightly help.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:51 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Grava and it's on his Blitz.
Did they add Blitz to Grava?

--------
Mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-17-2019, 01:55 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Did they add Blitz to Grava?
He does a charge kind of thing.

https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/1154/skills
Old 05-17-2019, 02:12 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
He does a charge kind of thing.

https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/1154/skills
Oh that thing.

Yeah I know that, I got scared Crate buffed him and gave him Iron Maiden level move speed.

--------
Mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-17-2019, 02:29 PM
Champion

Quote:
Still doesn't make skill disruption resistance useful. You still need to leave the pool regardless, CC res should completely counter it and not slightly help.
Well, it's rather a problem, that disruption is mostly tied to "pool" effects, not "one-time" effects like Stun or Freeze. If enemies possessed was more 1-time skill disruption abilies with relatively long duration (3-5 seconds, for example), 0% and 80% would make HUGE difference.
And still, disruption resist is quite useful. I'd rather say it's more useful, that petrify resist, that works only VS very few foes.

My build/guide: