Old 04-13-2019, 10:02 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhr2 View Post
The thing is, if we agree that Occultists take their powers from the Witch Gods themselves, I see no reason to not think that the Oathkeeper do the same from Empyrion, Vire, and Menhir (for those not affiliated with the WG). I mean, yeah, you could argue that it's part of Korvaak's deception, but then why would you be able to summon and use these powers when you fight Korvaak? It may be just a gameplay/lore discrepancy, but I do think it's something to consider.
I think you are really tapping into the power of the three gods, considering the summon guardian still works, the constellation still works. After all the whole point of forgotten gods is the fact that the gods run on faith. Korvaak can come back as long as people believe in him. Why can't it be the same for Empyrion?
Old 04-14-2019, 03:49 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
"balance must be maintained" That is clearly Dreeg.
I don't like this too much. I went to Attendant to listen what he says about the three... and what he says about Dreeg (and his voice) is nowhere near what we hear at the end of FG. That voice is "godly", calm and clear. Dreeg's voice is supposed to be incoherent, mad, impossible to understand for mortals.

I don't have better option, but I still don't like this one.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:25 AM
Champion

If you talked with Draellus, than he mentioned about balance a few times.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:42 AM
Herald

that voice at the end sounds so out of place imo. Would have expected an apparition or a cameo or something but nothing
Old 04-14-2019, 08:31 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid123 View Post
There is Darrion in conclave of the three( dreeg's corner) and he is talking about green-eyed girl he found near the port valbury(he actually asks if we know what's going on with her but he doesn't even know her name). Does anyone know who is he talking about?
That'd be Alice, Katrine and Aldritch's baby daughter. If your character has already spoken to Katrine in Port Valbury (I think that's the only requirement) they'll mention the identity of the baby themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
"balance must be maintained" That is clearly Zantai speaking to all the Warlords he's about to nerf.
FTFY.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:41 AM
Ascendant

I am curious as to who Ateph is and why does it's spawn serve Bysmiel so willingly. If Ateph is in anyway associate with Korvaak then it's spawn should be hard to tame like the Duskreaper. Heck, Bysmiel's cult didn't even want to tame the latter for the sole reason that could be associated with Korvaak

I noticed someone mention Apesh to be a God before the forum reset. Can someone point me towards the lore note that indicates the same?

I wonder what is Omintrix, an Eldritch being doing in a Chthonian Rift.

--------
Mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-02-2019, 05:04 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I am curious as to who Ateph is and why does it's spawn serve Bysmiel so willingly. If Ateph is in anyway associate with Korvaak then it's spawn should be hard to tame like the Duskreaper. Heck, Bysmiel's cult didn't even want to tame the latter for the sole reason that could be associated with Korvaak

I noticed someone mention Apesh to be a God before the forum reset. Can someone point me towards the lore note that indicates the same?

I wonder what is Omintrix, an Eldritch being doing in a Chthonian Rift.
You posted about that before the forum rollback, and I dunno what that creature you referred is! I don't even know how to access that area. Is it maybe related to a Dreeg quest? I have only done Bysmiel and Solael so far. Though the name Omintrix seems remarkably familiar to Ben 10's Omnitrix.

As for Ateph, he was likely one of the hero-gods like Rahn, so more of a powerful mortal than a real god. Most likely his power was in summoning, and as Bysmiel took that part of the Eldritch Realm's power from Korvaak, his pet was easier to control? That's my take of the matter anyway.
The Duskreaper, yeah, that is a strange thing that they don't want to control it. Interesting that despite being a Scorpius, it is not an Insectoid but an Eldritch being.
Also man, encountering that thing with Dravis and Harraxis in a cramped Shattered Realm boss room? Not much fun at all.

EDIT: Ah I remember now, the name was Onarix, and it was a giant Sandclaw. I assume it just wandered into the rift somehow. In general I think the lore notes and even the bounties hint at how Korvaak has influence over the beasts like Sandclaws, Gryphons, Scarabs, and I assume those that heed his call eventually become Eldritch from Beast.
Given that Sandclaws live in packs and have hierarchy, maybe that one wandered into a Chthonic rift and just asserted dominance over the creatures in there?
Or it is an error and it was supposed to be Chthonic originally.

Last edited by BB_Shockwave; 05-02-2019 at 05:10 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:09 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
You posted about that before the forum rollback, and I dunno what that creature you referred is! I don't even know how to access that area. Is it maybe related to a Dreeg quest? I have only done Bysmiel and Solael so far. Though the name Omintrix seems remarkably familiar to Ben 10's Omnitrix.

As for Ateph, he was likely one of the hero-gods like Rahn, so more of a powerful mortal than a real god. Most likely his power was in summoning, and as Bysmiel took that part of the Eldritch Realm's power from Korvaak, his pet was easier to control? That's my take of the matter anyway.
The Duskreaper, yeah, that is a strange thing that they don't want to control it. Interesting that despite being a Scorpos, it is not a Beast but an Eldritch being.
Also man, encountering that thing with Dravis and Harraxis in a cramped Shattered Realm boss room? Not much fun at all.
Ominitrix or whatever is the Raptor Thingie found in a Chthonic Rift outside Vanguard of the Three. Killing it and bringing it's heart to Solael is a quest you get in Vanguard of the Three.

Also yes it's weird the Duskreaper is not classified as an insectoid.

--------
Mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-02-2019, 05:12 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Ominitrix or whatever is the Raptor Thingie found in a Chthonic Rift outside Vanguard of the Three. Killing it and bringing it's heart to Solael is a quest you get in Vanguard of the Three.

Also yes it's weird the Duskreaper is not classified as an insectoid.
Yes I looked it up, Onarix. I just edited my post above before it showed your response, I remember now.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:15 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
Yes I looked it up, Onarix. I just edited my post above before it showed your response, I remember now.
Fuck I haven't read bounty lore since base game!!

I just take them and run off.

Btw, off topic when can we see that Forgotten Gods Bestiary Thread from you. I loved the AoM one.

--------
Mods-
Spoiler!

Tags
discussion, lore, yo quiero taco bell