Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Acolyte

Default [1.0.0.9] [Saboteur] The Grenado Gunslinger [Caster/Gunslinger]

The Grenado Gunslinger

This is a Grenado/Canister Bomb Saboteur that uses the Barrelsmith’s Twins set. I’ve been using it to farm Fabius, Zantarin, and Mad Queen. This build is LOTS of fun, when you get multiple procs of Ulzuin’s Chosen in a row you deal HUGE burst damage.

AoM update - GG Saboteurs

Unfortunately I would not go Saboteur for the Barrelsmith set anymore. After tinkering with Grimtools it's clear Saboteur is totally outclassed by Purifiers, who get Ranged Expertise, Deadly Aim, powerful exclusive skills (Aura of Conviction and Censure are both amazing), IMO Word of Renewal is superior to Pneumatic burst, also you get powerful WPS including Bursting Round. Purifiers also end up with much more DA/OA than Saboteurs.

Spoiler!

Last edited by chillstepbbc; 02-16-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Counsel

nice concept ! always wondered how a build like that would work, thanks for sharing
Old 04-04-2017, 02:49 AM
Campaigner

Good job making a build around the Barrelsmith's Twins set!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:05 AM
Campaigner

Could you generate a link to the build using grimtools link?

Thanks for sharing. GP.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:24 AM
Champion

Nice concept

Few ideas:
Imho, you should go 50 in NB mastery and put one point into BS it works really good with meteor shower bound on it.
Also BS twins are nice but you would gain more with 2x melee weapon, for instance 2x warpfire would convert all cold/frostburn to fire burn so you could take blizard proc, or use ABB, SS and/or execution as fire burn sources
Old 04-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Herald

I tried making a Pierce+Fire Commando that used the Barrelsmith's Twins.

It lacked flat resist reduction and it was hard to squeeze either BWC or Manticore to improve it. I'm going to wait for the expansion before I modify it further.

You really end up point-starved using the twins. It honestly seems like going caster is a better option but then you miss all the WPS bonuses the Twins provide. On the other end of the scale if you focus on an LMB attack replacer like Fire Strike you'll have strong DPS but have poor nukes. etc.

Perhaps the devs just want you to focus on one path or the other but not both.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasheur View Post
nice concept ! always wondered how a build like that would work, thanks for sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxJunkie View Post
Good job making a build around the Barrelsmith's Twins set!
Thank you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory_portman View Post
Could you generate a link to the build using grimtools link?

Thanks for sharing. GP.
It's in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
Nice concept

Few ideas:
Imho, you should go 50 in NB mastery and put one point into BS it works really good with meteor shower bound on it.
Also BS twins are nice but you would gain more with 2x melee weapon, for instance 2x warpfire would convert all cold/frostburn to fire burn so you could take blizard proc, or use ABB, SS and/or execution as fire burn sources
Meteor actually has 100% chance to proc from Grenado so I have no problem with uptime on that skill. I tried to avoid going 50 into NB so I could spend points on all the juicy Demo skills.

I agree that in general melee outperforms casters in this game. My motivation was to make a build for Barrelsmith since I just finished finding the set. A melee saboteur, like jajaja's tri-elemental, probably has no space for Grenado/Canister bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_King View Post
I tried making a Pierce+Fire Commando that used the Barrelsmith's Twins.

It lacked flat resist reduction and it was hard to squeeze either BWC or Manticore to improve it. I'm going to wait for the expansion before I modify it further.

You really end up point-starved using the twins. It honestly seems like going caster is a better option but then you miss all the WPS bonuses the Twins provide. On the other end of the scale if you focus on an LMB attack replacer like Fire Strike you'll have strong DPS but have poor nukes. etc.

Perhaps the devs just want you to focus on one path or the other but not both.
Thank you for your comments Duck King, I actually watched your youtube videos when I was coming up with the concept. I originally started with BWC and Agonizing Flames for Physical/Pierce/Fire RR. But after looking closely at the damage tooltips it's clear most damage (~85%) is fire. So I went with Elemental Storm and specced away from Agonizing Flames, which opened up more skill points. I'm not sure which build is superior, probably the best way to know is to run some dummy tests but I hate wailing away at those things.

I considered Fire Strike but I feel like my playstyle, which is using Grenado as LMB and auto-attacking in between cooldowns, is probably the way the set is intended to be played.

Last edited by chillstepbbc; 04-04-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillstepbbc View Post
Meteor actually has 100% chance to proc from Grenado so I have no problem with uptime on that skill.
If you bind Meteor to BladeSpirit and call two BladeSpirit, each BladeSpirit proc Meteor.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomagon_t View Post
If you bind Meteor to BladeSpirit and call two BladeSpirit, each BladeSpirit proc Meteor.
@_@ well that would certainly be powerful.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Campaigner

I literally waited for ages for that moment than somebody makes this build. At last my waiting ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Кроме того, бочки с лопатой - это пони на самом деле