Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1  
Old 03-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Default GOG Key Status

So the latest news is that, due to confusion, technical issues and medical emergencies, the GOG and DLC keys that were supposed to go out Thursday ahead of the GOG release were delayed (full details re-posted below from another thread). Humble believes they will be able to do the automated key send-out to everyone later today. The good news is, until that happens, for people who don't want to wait, Humble is willing to manually process requests for GOG keys.

Note - this is for website / KS backers only and you will need to provide the email you used when backing. The offer is to receive a GOG key in exchange for your Steam keys. If you haven't claimed a Steam key, Humble will just disable that option and send you a GOG key. If you've already activated the game on Steam, they can have your Steam key disabled in exchange for a GOG key. Basically, it's a choice of one key or the other. Here is a link to the form:

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/requests/new (You'll that it says to expect a 5-day response time but these requests are being expedited and generally it is taking only a couple hours)

DLC keys have proven more complicated for them to configure but it sounds like they're close and I'm hoping those will go out early next week.

[Details from a different thread]
Humble originally said keys would be ready to go out Thursday, while GOG was estimating Friday to go live. The keys actually went live late Wednesday night by accident and I found out because someone posted about it. However, when I looked at the store pages, things were totally screwed up, so I reported it, Humble quickly reverted it and started working on fixing things. Unfortunately, the guy working on it was very sick and, no joke, ended up being taken to the ER on Thursday.

Mainly the DLC part is messed up, so I asked if we could just get the GOG keys out and sort the DLC out afterwards. I'm hoping that will happen today but I haven't heard from Humble yet. They're 3 hours behind us.

Meanwhile, we've been going back and forth with GOG all week with little issues in their build / with their system. I wasn't even sure if they were going to be ready to launch today, which is why I haven't said anything about it. At the last minute, they confirmed a working build. However, they're 6 or 7 hours ahead of us, so noon for them is 5-6am for us and I was asleep. I had suggested we just give access to backers once they have keys to help test the build before it was made available to the public but they ended up pushing the game out and I was not aware when it was going to happen until after it had already gone live.

I'm still trying to sort this out...

I'm trying to get in contact with Humble and get an ETA on keys. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Praetorian

I have several Steam keys, some I want to keep, others I want to disable. Any way to figure out which account uses which key ?

Back then it sounded like they were beta keys only, so I did not pay close enough attention to them
Old 03-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Supporter

I think you truly have done just about everything you can. Seems like a good case of "hurry up and wait".

Hopefully you can escape with your family for a small vacation after you get this all sorted out!
Old 03-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
I have several Steam keys, some I want to keep, others I want to disable. Any way to figure out which account uses which key ?

Back then it sounded like they were beta keys only, so I did not pay close enough attention to them
I red somwhere that there is no possibility to view the key on steam. But I am not sure.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5  
Old 03-18-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:

If you provide the email used when purchasing the keys / backing on KS, they should be able to look up your information and see the keys you received. If you don't remember though, I'm not sure how you can know which Steam account they were activated on. I can't remember if there is a way to see your actual key on Steam?
Old 03-18-2016, 06:46 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
If you provide the email used when purchasing the keys / backing on KS, they should be able to look up your information and see the keys you received. If you don't remember though, I'm not sure how you can know which Steam account they were activated on. I can't remember if there is a way to see your actual key on Steam?
I have checked that on some forums that it is not possible. I tried it by myself, no succes. Maybe through their support.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
I know the keys I have received, I do not know which key is used by which Steam account, some accounts should keep using their keys, others should not, so they can instead be used on GOG.

So I have two options

- figure out exactly which keys to deactivate on Steam
- disable them all and reactivate some (and only get GOG keys for some, not all Steam keys)

If I disable a Steam key, can I enable it again later ?

Can I rely on Humble not screwing up and sending GOG keys for all Steam keys ?

EDIT: wow, just used the link in the first post to contact Humble, "Current expected wait time for first response is 5+ business days."...

Last edited by mamba; 03-18-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Speaker

Quote:
"Current expected wait time for first response is 5+ business days."

So that's not really an option if you want your key faster... guess we'll just have to wait again, and hope this sorts itself out.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
[Details from a different thread]
Humble originally said keys would be ready to go out Thursday, while GOG was estimating Friday to go live. The keys actually went live late Wednesday night by accident and I found out because someone posted about it. However, when I looked at the store pages, things were totally screwed up, so I reported it, Humble quickly reverted it and started working on fixing things.
Well that could explain what may have happened in my case then. I received a prompt to choose between Steam and GOG codes on my Humble Bundle account a few days back. I chose the Steam Patron DLC codes, grabbed them, used mine and gave the other to my friend (since I had a Co-Op bundle). I made a thread about it as well as contacted support due to the codes having the Patron bonuses but not the Kickstarter Medals, which then stirred up more confusion. The codes are no longer on my Humble Bundle account, they simply disappeared, so I assume they were removed with everything else.

I'm guessing this means I have codes (and features) that aren't supposed to be released yet. I may not be the only one, either. Do we know if that'll have any effect on the official release of them in the near future, functionality-wise?

Last edited by Felis_Noctu; 03-18-2016 at 07:28 PM.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10  
Old 03-18-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
So I have two options

- figure out exactly which keys to deactivate on Steam
- disable them all and reactivate some (and only get GOG keys for some, not all Steam keys)

If I disable a Steam key, can I enable it again later ?

Can I rely on Humble not screwing up and sending GOG keys for all Steam keys ?

EDIT: wow, just used the link in the first post to contact Humble, "Current expected wait time for first response is 5+ business days."...
If you disable a key on Steam, it can't be re-enabled so far as I know. If it could, I don't think Humble could do it - only Steam. So disabling all of them is not really an option. Maybe Steam support can help you sort it out?
Closed Thread