Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Initiate

I'm interested in the impact that Diablo 3's release will have on the funding sprint. Hopefully it won't be too negative, and thankfully the initial funding target has been met already.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Initiate

You're probably right. Someone just wrote "Will GD also feature Error 37?" (as a joke of course) - but it totally should! Make it a Unique, preferably a gun or something, or maybe an Item Attribute (25% chance to avoid Error 37) or just an Easter Egg somewhere...

Proud of the GB Kickstarter no matter how many goals are met!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
We have to wait for the Kickstarter to end and then another 14 days for charges to go through and the money to clear before we process the updates. Because people can keep changing their pledges and there is a possibility for transaction not to go through, we're waiting for everything to settle before processing all the requests.
Thanks for your quick answer
Old 05-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Yeah, I gave in and did the single copy + expansion but I think this is going to have to be it. The reward list goes way off the page lol... and already people are complaining that they want even more options. There is definitely no winning this.

Hopefully most people are pleased. Only 3 days to go, so it will be over and then we can probably more easily please people when we get the new pre-order things up since, at least there people can select multiple options.

The while 1 pledge 1 reward thing on KS is really difficult to work with.
Do you guys plan on adding a lot of new pre-order options to the website after the Kickstarter campaign or just modify the current ones to include new things or whatever?

Grim Dawn... sounds like an evil dish soap.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rise View Post
I'm interested in the impact that Diablo 3's release will have on the funding sprint. Hopefully it won't be too negative, and thankfully the initial funding target has been met already.
I'm hoping that the net results is a positive one with the way D3's release is going over like a pig with glued-on fairy wings.

"Think Blizzard poo'd the scrooch with Diablo 3? Yeah so do the rest of us. The cure? Grim Dawn. Strike while the iron's hot because this game is already smoking hot and only getting hotter."
Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Supporter

Talking

Has anyone been thinking on a new environment set? If not we should start brainstorming for when we hit the $400,000 and there is a thread for it. Hope you guys have some ideas for creature types cause were gonna hit that mark too. :-)

We are that much closer now.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #957  
Old 05-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedmetal57 View Post
Do you guys plan on adding a lot of new pre-order options to the website after the Kickstarter campaign or just modify the current ones to include new things or whatever?
I know we're going to do something but I haven't had much chance to think about what exactly. After doing the KS, which has certainly been a learning experience, I think our old offering was sort of ineffective.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Champion

Based on some recent actions made by Kickstarter, I will no longer be using their site (I am not giving them 5% of my money anylonger).

I remember reading about pre-orders here directly... can we still do that? If I move my preorder to the system here, does it still count towards the stretch goals? If not, I'll leave my current Kickstarter pledge alone... but if I can back it directly through you guys through paypal or whatever, I'd prefer that method.

Reasoning:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3636
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #959  
Old 05-16-2012, 01:11 AM
Crate Employee - Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoganai View Post
Based on some recent actions made by Kickstarter, I will no longer be using their site (I am not giving them 5% of my money anylonger).

I remember reading about pre-orders here directly... can we still do that? If I move my preorder to the system here, does it still count towards the stretch goals? If not, I'll leave my current Kickstarter pledge alone... but if I can back it directly through you guys through paypal or whatever, I'd prefer that method.

Reasoning:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3636
Possibly, but there is zero chance of PayPal, we are banned for all eternity. If you want to be sure it helps meet the stretch goals then I suggest you keep it in Kickstarter.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Champion

I'll be honest.. I'm really torn. I really want to see stretch goals met, but at the same time, I really don't want to see any of my money go to Kickstarter based on the way they handled that issue.

if they had reached out and learned about the project and tried to see if the blog claims were correct, it would be a different matter... but to summarily trust the comments of bloggers and move to start banning a project before even contacting the developers? Not cool. Forget the fact that there are other projects on Kickstarter right this minute that deal with graphic sex or graphic violence, and it is even more ridiculous.

I know I will buy Grim Dawn, so that isn't a concern for me... but the stretch goals... ugh

Just hope that no blogger decides to write that your game deals with devil worship or something that they feel is banable :P

EDIT : Going to go fight boss Error 37... and give it some thought.

Last edited by Shoganai; 05-16-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website