Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 11-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Counsel

Well i have to be rude.

i dont care about reting, im 36 years young ;-) and i want BLOOD, tits, gore, bad language, and so on and so on. thats what make games fun for me.

pluds a good game play, storry, and midGFX will be fine, so i ont have to go buy new pc evrytime new game comes out.

so for my sake, make it bloody and bad, make it so that we old gamers from comedore 64 time will have a kick......

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............

anyway, still looking forward to play alfa :-)
Old 11-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
TQ actually originally hit store shelves with a mature rating due to sexual content... What sexual content?
Those maenads could fall in dastardly seductive positions with the ragdoll physics
I thought it had to do with the statues? Anyway, it's a weird rating for TQ. No gore or blood and than get M-rated because of er... I don't even know.

I grew up playing Carmageddon (which was quite strange, as I wasn't allowed to watch Power Rangers due to it causing aggressive behaviour according to a newspaper article) and though stuff as "hit that pedestrian for a piledriver bonus!" have been a running gag ever since in the life of me and my bother, neither of us have ever remotely felt the desire to run over people due to that game (perhaps due to other reasons though ).

As such, I don't think rating games (M)ature because of sexuality is bad in America, because that's the actual stuff you're seeing. But as long as a kid can differentiate between real and virtual violence, I can't even begin to see a problem with the level of gore (horror again is another thing). Ofcourse, some kids might react violently to pc games, but that's no reason to throw everything overboard.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
as long as a kid can differentiate between real and virtual violence
i dono man... my cousin IS pretty stupid

he tried to throw a burning match into a full gas can once
Old 11-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando450 View Post
i dono man... my cousin IS pretty stupid

he tried to throw a burning match into a full gas can once

You should probably consider monitoring what he does so he won't attempt any more stupid ideas.

Tell his parents to watch him better too, a nine year old shouldn't be doing things like that.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post

You should probably consider monitoring what he does so he won't attempt any more stupid ideas.

Tell his parents to watch him better too, a nine year old shouldn't be doing things like that.
My Dad doused a firework in gasoline when it fail to go off properly.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Praetorian

Yeah, my dad has done that too. Poured kerosine onto an already burning flame...if anyone knows what happens when you do this, you can imagine what occured lmao..

Some people I guess aren't born with a logic chip. Er, not chip...ahhh.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Counsel

I'm one of those people that are sensitive to sex & violence. I'm fine with either if they are separate but put them together and then it becomes creepy, in my opinion.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #18  
Old 11-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Just to be clear, we have blood and gibs, so we'll probably end up with a mature rating. We're just making the game the way we see fit and not going for any particular rating.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Advocate

I am hoping this game has more blood than a bad samurai movie. Remember all bad guys have hundreds of gallons of blood and its at 10,000psi.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Herald

I would prefer any censor rating to be placed on the back of the package and in normal or fine print. There if you feel you need it. I dont want it spashed on screen as a constant reminder of someone else's supposed necessity.

The so-called offense is in the mind of the beholder -- and I have had enough of that.

There seems to be a misrepresentation of what is the subject and object -- and likely the verb as well.

Motto of today: offense is the best offense.
Closed Thread

Tags
blood & gore