Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 01-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
What did you do with the key Direni gave you as a condition of letting him live? Otherwise, cultists should drop the key. Usually it's the ones wearing the brimmed hats that tend to drop it the most.
I used it to clear the Happy Funtime Palace (or WTF it's called) back when I was finishing up Act 1. IIRC, in my other games, the Iron Door remained unlocked after that. I don't know why it's locked now? (I suspect it's something to do with the AoM install, but I'm not sure).

Will the haberdasher guild drop another one?

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.”
― Roger Zelazny
Old 01-21-2018, 05:47 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drokalypso View Post
I used it to clear the Happy Funtime Palace (or WTF it's called) back when I was finishing up Act 1. IIRC, in my other games, the Iron Door remained unlocked after that. I don't know why it's locked now? (I suspect it's something to do with the AoM install, but I'm not sure).

Will the haberdasher guild drop another one?
Not sure how far along you are in the story, but in AoM there's tons of cultists in varios areas that drop the key.

You can also farm the ones right outside the iron door. Nowadays I have better luck with the fields outside Mourndale. Less boring too.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Counsel

Thanks! I'm in Malmouth now, haven't had a key drop yet. I can't seem to farm one off the other cultists either. I may go try the blood grove for a bit, see if I can get some bounties there.

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.”
― Roger Zelazny
Old 01-21-2018, 03:59 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Thanks! I'm in Malmouth now, haven't had a key drop yet. I can't seem to farm one off the other cultists either. I may go try the blood grove for a bit, see if I can get some bounties there.
Your best shot is doing the way from the rift to the locked door.
I never needed more than 5 runs
Old 01-21-2018, 04:23 PM
Counsel

Usually I don't either - but I'm on 11 locked door, 7 cottage and also halfway through malmouth.

― Roger Zelazny
Old 01-30-2018, 03:04 PM
Counsel

Thanks everyone! I cleared AoM with Faith, an electrocute/lightning/phys Warder. Yes, three damage types because I still haven't found enough conversion=> electrocute/lightning gear :/

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23wy672

Anyway, leveling up one more solo (Chthon's S&B Pierce BM), and then hopefully my SO will be done with Witcher 3 and we can resume our MP playthrough. I've respecced my Witchblade for that one, but accidentally specced out of my pets. Which, most of you are saying 'well, duh, no pets!' EXCEPT that the flat damage give the SO a huge flat damage boost.

So. I had a thought for another respec, using Mistborn (or something) for LMB and points in Hellfire for both the girlfriend and I, and then trying to go massive amounts of flat Chaos damage. Now that I'm writing this, I realize that my next respec may not be until after level 65, so a different relic/attack replacer will be more appropriate.

So yeah, theory is weird because it depends on multiplayer with a bunch of auras. But basically, getting flat Chaos damage by using the hellhound aura. If I can find phys=>chaos conversion, it will be perfect, because my phys damage is boosted through the SO's auras.

― Roger Zelazny
Old 02-16-2018, 02:46 AM
Counsel

Sonnofabi....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180215183649_1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	18063  

― Roger Zelazny
Old 02-16-2018, 02:59 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Sonnofabi....
Hey!! Lemme borrow one of those. Lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk