Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-29-2017, 04:52 PM
Counsel

I managed to farm alot with this build. I dont enjoy soldier builds too much but they are OP in this game.

Somehow I wanted to risk more yesterday with the 2handed version (all BiS).
I tried Ravager, but had to quit 15 seconds in

Then I tried Mogdrogen Elite. I managed to drop him to 60% HP but I knew it will enrage so I gave up. And I wanted to switch to the shield version. I just needed 2-3 pieces so I waited for trades or more drops.

I couldnt access Lokar cause the amulet didnt spawn for me (Or i missed it earlier).

I coop-ed gladiator crucible with someone and I died at wave 150 FML.
I made 2 mistakes there: not tanking where our stonewall tower was and took on same time Valdaran and the Cthonian nemesis. Valdaran killed another 100 level of mine last month

Anyways GG Pyro
Old 12-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Initiate

Great build, new player doing a somewhat low budget version.

A couple questions, I am going to do the blitz version but I see two builds for it - the one in the original post and one linked in the thread when someone asked about blitz... it is just a slight deviation but one has Discord and the other doesn't - do I take Discord or no?

Once again sorry to be so new, am I missing where to see what devotion skills are linked to the 'hotbar' skills?
Old 12-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie View Post
Great build, new player doing a somewhat low budget version.

A couple questions, I am going to do the blitz version but I see two builds for it - the one in the original post and one linked in the thread when someone asked about blitz... it is just a slight deviation but one has Discord and the other doesn't - do I take Discord or no?

Once again sorry to be so new, am I missing where to see what devotion skills are linked to the 'hotbar' skills?
Discord is up to your preference, it gives a minimal boost to end game damage and its fully up to you whether you want to invest 3 points into it or not.
If you can i'd advise you to but wouldn't matter drastically.

You can see which devotions are linked to which skills in this one, just scroll on top of the constellation procs.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOQemdV
Old 12-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Initiate

I get that we deal a crap ton of burn dmg, but are the reflected burns from reflect mobs really supposed to be ridiculously devastating?
Old 12-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgundam View Post
I get that we deal a crap ton of burn dmg, but are the reflected burns from reflect mobs really supposed to be ridiculously devastating?
Not really
I don't play this specific build myself but on other Burn builds I don't notice reflection being as dreadful as reflection on Poison/Bleed builds

It's weird but I think overcapped resists help a lot with reflection. Pyroscar would give you a more specific answer but I doubt reflection would be lethal to you

The most dangerous reflection in my experience are Poison (when not using Dreeg Set), Bleed and Internal Trauma

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgundam View Post
As Chthon already said Burn retalliation isn't really an issue in general and even if anything reflected our Burn damage through Cadence, 90% fire resist on end game build would make it less than an issue in the end.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroscar View Post
Burn retalliation .
*coughs*
The correct word is reflection
I get it people don't like playing retaliation builds but at-least don't club it with those God awful reflection builds

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
*coughs*
The correct word is reflection
I get it people don't like playing retaliation builds but at-least don't club it with those God awful reflection builds
I derped again i meant reflection, i do think of something and say/type completely different stuff
Old 12-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Not really
I don't play this specific build myself but on other Burn builds I don't notice reflection being as dreadful as reflection on Poison/Bleed builds

It's weird but I think overcapped resists help a lot with reflection. Pyroscar would give you a more specific answer but I doubt reflection would be lethal to you

The most dangerous reflection in my experience are Poison (when not using Dreeg Set), Bleed and Internal Trauma
interesting. with well overcapped resists burn reflection is the one thing that absolutely destroys as i've been playing this build.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Supporter

I have a problem with stunt resist, How did you get 72% Stunt res?, but more important with Freeze Resist, If I get Moosilauke, it´s impossible to move... Any suggestion?...

If someone could help a bit ...

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZybkobN

Last edited by OnionCuter; 12-13-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Tags
bwc, cadence, commando, hc crucible, witchblade