Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
Its been mentioned a number of times (I've responded to that already), but is that something the devs have said?

To add a little detail about why i'm looking - everything about the drops in the game point towards certain varieties being locked down to specific mobs.

IMO I'd go as far as to say that from what I've found is that there are relatively few legendary items (half?) that can be found easily and would be considered on common drop tables. Crucible can drop a whole range because there are a lot of variety of boss mobs (you will note the all the drops only appear if you fought that mob.). But again the problem with that is you don't get a drop chance for every boss you face, you get a slightly different mechanic that gives you a number of chances from a combined loot table across all of the boss mobs you fought.

Hence why I am trying to run specific mobs that drop it, not try my luck with crucible because the loot tables are large. I feel like its the option you would take if you cant ever find the mobs that drop what you need, because, as a grind, its far from optimal - its just, owing to its many and varied bosses, got access to everything. If I knew three for four bosses that dropped these items I would just be running them for a couple of hours, and I think I would get a much greater hit rate on my than 3 or 4 chances for a mythic competing across say 50 bosses. Oh, and I can't run 150-170, which might be better, if the right mobs spawned during those levels.

I'm surprised I haven't seen a great deal more work done on identifying these things in the game. I've spoted a few places where people have found specific single mob named sets (that drop from just that mob), and a lot of work gone into the more interesting hidden quests, but not general item drops themselves. I guess crucible is a bit of a "I dont need to think about it" kind of thing, and well item generators are always going to reduce the player base investing (enjoying in my case) the hunt for stuff.

Like I said, if anyone who has picked up the item can remember where/what it dropped that would be great.

Thanks again for your comments.
Seems like you're mixing anecdotal evidence with weird assumptions about the drop system in spite of several people having told you otherwise.

RNG can make you see patterns where there are none. I bet everybody on here has some stories to share about that. One of mine is, that the game seems to reward me after coming back after some weeks with a lot of good drops in the first couple of hours. I know it's not true though, just coincidence.

Having people tell you where and what dropped you're desired item won't help you, it's all chance, plain and simple. Good luck!
Old 06-12-2018, 10:31 PM
Supporter

The devs don't have to tell us. GD is a modable game. We have both the tools and files needed to go look at and change stuff like drop tables.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:06 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demophile View Post
The devs don't have to tell us. GD is a modable game. We have both the tools and files needed to go look at and change stuff like drop tables.
What do the drop tables say?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:29 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudel View Post
Seems like you're mixing anecdotal evidence with weird assumptions about the drop system in spite of several people having told you otherwise.

RNG can make you see patterns where there are none. I bet everybody on here has some stories to share about that. One of mine is, that the game seems to reward me after coming back after some weeks with a lot of good drops in the first couple of hours. I know it's not true though, just coincidence.

Having people tell you where and what dropped you're desired item won't help you, it's all chance, plain and simple. Good luck!
True, its a good chance you're right. Regardless, I'm kinda enjoying the misery of my hunt.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:49 PM
Initiate

So for anyone who was wondering, I got a lead from reddit from a guy that had the normal hat recipe drop from 'I wanna say it was past the swamp in AoM, on the fields where you fight some cultists. But I can't be sure anymore.'

So on my second run through between the bog and malmouth, my friend and I found the Mythical Life Ender gun part of the set off Ekket'Zul in Void's Edge.

Very happy - could still be a red herring, but very happy right now!
Old 06-16-2018, 07:05 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
What do the drop tables say?
In short, everything has a very small chance to drop pretty much anything, except MI items. Any random hero can drop any random legendary as long as its level is high enough, it's just that the chance to get a specific one is tiny.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:05 AM
Supporter

It's easy:

1. Pick a place you'd like to farm/run X times.
2. Pray to RNG gods.

Or, if you purchased it, go to crucible on 2-3rd difficulty up to wave 150. With friends on instanced loot and do some hardcore non-stop grinding, should get what you want within couple days.

Good luck.