Old 05-17-2017, 10:29 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younghappy View Post
I think it makes sense. Rattosh is the "great guardian" who watches over the veils between realms, i.e. including the physical realm (humans), the eldritch realm (the domain of the witch gods), and, according to the constellation Misadventure, the realm of the dead. This altar of Rattosh was a gateway between realms because that's what Rattosh himself symbolises.
According to the explanation of the constellation, Eldoritch seems like the realm of all gods except Ch'thon, but if it is only the residence of the witch gods, where do the other gods live? Is there another realm in the back of Eldoritch?
Old 05-17-2017, 11:54 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matougi View Post
According to the explanation of the constellation, Eldoritch seems like the realm of all gods except Ch'thon, but if it is only the residence of the witch gods, where do the other gods live? Is there another realm in the back of Eldoritch?
Well i don't think that the Eldritch realm is the place of all gods. There are several realms/realities.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
Well i don't think that the Eldritch realm is the place of all gods. There are several realms/realities.
I also thought that the gods are in a different area from Eldoritch. However, in the note of "The Hidden Path - Dreeg" is written as follows. If this is the case, the gods seem to be in the eldoritch realm.
  • Dreeg reached into the veil and witnessed the workings of the gods themselves. For his hubris, he was struck blind, but it was then that his eyes had become truly open. Exposed to the wild magic of the eldritch realm, he was forever changed.
Or perhaps he saw the other side through it. But what is the area called? Enigma realm?
Old 05-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Emissary

Well his mortal form was also cursed by the gods, so i wonder did the gods did this or the wild magic of the eldritch realm?

What makes me wonder is that Dreeg watches over the veil to anyone that dares to follow him. But what about Solael and Bysmiel? He did let them enter the eldritch realm. Unless they entered in a way Dreeg didn't expect. I suppose he just watch certain ways one mortal may enter the realm.

Still strikes me odd that the witch gods let 3 witches and just left, they should be a bigger purpose. Dreeg might feel associated with Rugia.

Also from one of the notes it said "Tides of blood are shifting" this could mean it's Ch'thon or someone else is using his blood for more power (Korvaak?)

Last edited by Mauricius; 05-20-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Old Today, 12:21 AM
Initiate

Rugia has the same symptoms as the Dreeg worshipers as described by the Sentinel in the hidden temple.

Fridge horror here: being stuck by a witch god might be the same thing as worshiping a witch god.

I would assume that she was actually turned into an avatar or messenger of Dreeg.

On the other hand, the story of Dreeg herself is not that different from the story of Rugia. Maybe Dreeg is also just an avatar of some being in the Eldritch realm?

Given the number of surviving witch is three, it's possible that the other two are somehow associated with Solael and Bysmiel respectively.

There's a problem with this explanation though: Rugia has a name while the other witches seem too unimportant to have a name... That means they are not equals of Rugia I guess.

Last edited by ahyangyi; Today at 12:23 AM.

Tags
discussion, lore