Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 01-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylthar View Post
This is my variant: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwvpnkV

I´m not sure about Soldier skills...there might be better options for HC.
Nice! I actually think this might be a bit better than what I came up with. Well not that there are huge differences but the changes that you made count. I don't believe there's anything better to get from soldier (especially in terms of defense) if you're using a 2h weapon. And using a shield for this build is not an option, loosing to much in terms of dmg and skill points. I think I might drop some points from menhir's will since I don't want to rely on that skill too much. I think that cca. 6 points will be fine for a circuit breaker, I'll probably invest those other 10 somewhere else. But yea to summarize I think this build should perform very solid in main campaign. I won't attempt to kill ravager or mogdrogen with it, but I think it should be pretty powerful for everything else. Skellies will be a pain early on, but same goes for any bleeder can't really help with that.

I'm still missing 1 piece of bloodrager and 1 piece of octavius for my other build, so back to farming nemesis I go.

This looks like a great build thx for your input!

Last edited by AlienEmoji; 01-12-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Campaigner

I never play Hardcore but if I would do it I would want to have every Circuit Breaker I could get. Ghoul, Menhir´s Wall...

You´re welcome. I really like Bleeding Builds.

Edit:
If you have Skill Points to spare I would suggest putting some in Grasping Vine, Entangling Vine (1 or 2), Blood Pact (1 or 2) and Primal Bond.
Grasping Vine (with Rend) and Entangling Vine is a really good option for Crowd Control with larger groups. And you can fire enemies with Devouring Swarm (with Falcon Swoop) if you kite them. Killed Mad Queen with this tactic 1st time.

Last edited by Rhylthar; 01-12-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Acolyte

I never play hardcore but I'd like to add to the thread: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwvpPnV

Last edited by Akillon; 01-12-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akillon View Post
I never play hardcore but I'd like to add to the thread: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwvpPnV
The MI Ring is nice and would make some things easier.

Would take "Terrify" for RR though.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Counsel

Why aren't any of you guys fitting in manticore? That's 28 flat rr. And bleed needs all the RR it can get since plenty of monsters are nigh immune to it. I'd also fit in at the very minimum 1 sanctified bone for the racial damage bonus vs undead and chthonics (the races that have the most highest bleed res)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercymaker View Post
Why aren't any of you guys fitting in manticore? That's 28 flat rr. And bleed needs all the RR it can get since plenty of monsters are nigh immune to it. I'd also fit in at the very minimum 1 sanctified bone for the racial damage bonus vs undead and chthonics (the races that have the most highest bleed res)
My Trickster has Manticore. But this build has no points to get Acid Spray (because of Kraken). Sure, you can pass Chariot for it...but with this setup an enemy with 100 % Bleeding Resist will end up with 12,6. It´s okay.

Sanctified Bone is nice (Head Slot) but you will need good rolls to cap all resistances.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:25 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Sanctified Bone is nice (Head Slot) but you will need good rolls to cap all resistances.
Or trading in Barbaros for Tranquil Minds I suppose (and changing boots prefix): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZy4E8qV

Edit: This could be a more physical approach: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV76aLB2

Last edited by Akillon; 01-14-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Campaigner

Changing Barbaros only for the Augment? Hm, wouldn´t do it.

In my opinion Guillotine is better than Gutsmasher for pure bleeding but I might be wrong.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:02 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Changing Barbaros only for the Augment? Hm, wouldn´t do it.
Also adds to Primal Bond for what it's worth.

Quote:
In my opinion Guillotine is better than Gutsmasher for pure bleeding but I might be wrong.
For a pure bleeding build I agree.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:37 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akillon View Post
Also adds to Primal Bond for what it's worth.
Yeah, but you loose the procc from Barbaros and some OA/DA+Armor.

I hope that with FG there will be a few new boots for bleeding builds (besides Crafting).