Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-14-2016, 08:53 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Just speced into cadence. I urge the op to try both. I highly doubt that it's better than savagery early on.

After actually using both i stand by my both have their pros and cons comment on a 2h build.

Also, lol at the "just use the warborn set". Yeah, that drops like crazy.
Warly on meaning until you get Deadly momentum? from that point on Cadence Far out performs Savagery for pure physical.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Warly on meaning until you get Deadly momentum? from that point on Cadence Far out performs Savagery for pure physical.
Gear dependent, imo. If you can get enough attack speed and your defensive options are on point. You lose physical resist. I'm probably going to have to drop feral hunger, it's interfering with upheaval and blind fury isn't procing remotely as much. As is the both have a 33% less chance to proc. That's aoe and a potent heal. Most of your damage being on every third hit seems to demand attack speed and you're losing storm touched on top of it. Now we'll talk crits. You have to hope that every third hit crits instead of any savagery attack. Even now I'm having a hard time saying it far outperforms savagery for sure. It's does but it's not that black and white.

Edit: I didn't try cadence while leveling. Deadly momentum does a lot of flat physical damage. That should be big early on depending on your weapon. I forgot about that part.

Last edited by BababooeyHTJ; 11-14-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

Edit: I didn't try cadence while leveling. Deadly momentum does a lot of flat physical damage. That should be big early on depending on your weapon. I forgot about that part.
I assure you it plays a big role both early and end game. You will get Cadence procs to 100K physical damage in the scond inventory screen. You can do anywhere over and between 100K and 200K cadence crits (more in crucible).

PS: I love savagery and how it can work with upheval. It's just that Cadence will just outclass it for physical, especially after Savagery fix and Cadence buff.

Tags
gearing, warder