Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 03-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Counsel

Why not mythical mindwarp, since the RR provided is much better?
Old 03-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Because the Mythical Wrath of Ascended gives +1 to Necro and Arcanist and -7% on average to energy cost. It is also possible to run that build with the Decree of Van Aldritch.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
And no AoE ..
Yes, but at least it got weapon damage
Quote:
Кроме того, бочки с лопатой - это пони на самом деле
Old 03-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Speaker

I would like to add that this build is far stronger (and more enjoyable to play) then AAR builds in the endgame.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1litarist View Post
Because the Mythical Wrath of Ascended gives +1 to Necro and Arcanist and -7% on average to energy cost
Indeed, and also 20% damage to humans is sweet.
In addition, I trivially lacks the dexterity to this sword, and remove skillpoints from physique are negatively affects the health and DA.
Quote:
Кроме того, бочки с лопатой - это пони на самом деле
Old 03-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
As said above Ascendant is too boss
Old 03-12-2018, 01:10 AM
Counsel

It's a shame when the best way to use a Reap Spirit pet set is to disregard the Spirit pets entirely.

I'm sure the weapon with 20% against humans helps a lot when fighting Fabius, but outside of that, how do you handle fighting enemies capable of doing burst damage? Is Twin Fangs + Siphon Souls that good to keep you alive? Have you found Tree of Life to be extremely useful? What have you found that helps your survivability?

I ask because I've tried using the Reap Spirit pets as actual pets and people like Fabius with harsh DoTs burst through me hard. Spellbinders don't really have much in terms of mitigating DoT's (at least in terms of Health Regen or other mitigating factors) so I wanted to hear how you went through your optimization process?
Old 03-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
It's a shame when the best way to use a Reap Spirit pet set is to disregard the Spirit pets entirely.

I'm sure the weapon with 20% against humans helps a lot when fighting Fabius, but outside of that, how do you handle fighting enemies capable of doing burst damage? Is Twin Fangs + Siphon Souls that good to keep you alive? Have you found Tree of Life to be extremely useful? What have you found that helps your survivability?

I ask because I've tried using the Reap Spirit pets as actual pets and people like Fabius with harsh DoTs burst through me hard. Spellbinders don't really have much in terms of mitigating DoT's (at least in terms of Health Regen or other mitigating factors) so I wanted to hear how you went through your optimization process?
He is a spellbinder, he just showed you he can face tank Mad Queen and Lokkar. And I am sure he can do Gladiator 150-170 with this build. Mirror + Mark of Torment + Time Dilation on top of overcapped Maiven is pretty much unkillable.

Great spellbinder (as if Spellbinders can be bad). I would recommend binding Time Dilation to transmuted Callidor's Tempest. So you can have it on demand, instead of randomly proccing it by the spell you actively use. Helps a lot in toughest fights (like Crucible 150-170), because that way you can build your mark of torment/double mirror/mark of torment/repeat sequence flawlessly.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:11 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
He is a spellbinder, he just showed you he can face tank Mad Queen and Lokkar. And I am sure he can do Gladiator 150-170 with this build. Mirror + Mark of Torment + Time Dilation on top of overcapped Maiven is pretty much unkillable.

Great spellbinder (as if Spellbinders can be bad). I would recommend binding Time Dilation to transmuted Callidor's Tempest. So you can have it on demand, instead of randomly proccing it by the spell you actively use. Helps a lot in toughest fights (like Crucible 150-170), because that way you can build your mark of torment/double mirror/mark of torment/repeat sequence flawlessly.
I've seen the Mark of Torment + Mirror + Time Dilation + Mirror combination on other Spellbinders before, I didn't know if that was a feature on this build or whether the Reap Spirit set forced you to adapt and pick a different strategy. I know Spellbinders are really great and I'm just bad at using them; I wanted to hear someone's perspective on how much investing in skills like Siphon Souls up to soft-cap impacts the build's performance.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:45 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
I've seen the Mark of Torment + Mirror + Time Dilation + Mirror combination on other Spellbinders before, I didn't know if that was a feature on this build or whether the Reap Spirit set forced you to adapt and pick a different strategy. I know Spellbinders are really great and I'm just bad at using them; I wanted to hear someone's perspective on how much investing in skills like Siphon Souls up to soft-cap impacts the build's performance.
I've played with softcapped siphon souls on spellbinder before and I would say it helps a lot. It makes me rely less on mirror mark chains in crucible and gives me more margin of error on the combo, especially since if you mark the wrong guy it can be hard. Granted I had softcapped blood boil too so it's a factor.

Tags
spellbinder