Old 08-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Initiate

Hello,

Ive been enjoying the DGA mode so far in DAIL mod.

Ive recently encountered an issue tho.
When I switched to ultimate difficulty for the mode itself, I cannot choose any difficulty above Elite, the difficulty collumn just dissapears from the Quest bar and NPC window starts glitching if I click on it again.

Does the change of Difficulty actually works? Any way to fix it so it shows normally in quest tab?
Old 08-20-2017, 08:59 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amflein View Post
Hello,

Ive been enjoying the DGA mode so far in DAIL mod.

Ive recently encountered an issue tho.
When I switched to ultimate difficulty for the mode itself, I cannot choose any difficulty above Elite, the difficulty collumn just dissapears from the Quest bar and NPC window starts glitching if I click on it again.

Does the change of Difficulty actually works? Any way to fix it so it shows normally in quest tab?
apparently I forgot to add the quests to the script, so the last 3 difficulties won't do anything since you cannot get the quest.

not sure what you mean by
Quote:
NPC window starts glitching if I click on it again
because mine is fine

anyways, the fix won't be there before xpac, not touching anything until than.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WareBare View Post
apparently I forgot to add the quests to the script, so the last 3 difficulties won't do anything since you cannot get the quest.

not sure what you mean by

because mine is fine

anyways, the fix won't be there before xpac, not touching anything until than.
Any plans to resurrect this now that the xpac is here?
Old 10-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revengance View Post
Any plans to resurrect this now that the xpac is here?
yep, didn't know it was considered dead

no ETA though, many small changes I have to look at and working on some new stuff as well.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:35 PM
Supporter

Great! Take your time, your work is much appreciated!
Old 10-23-2017, 04:37 PM
Advocate

Default Plans for this week

Starting my work on it today, the Merge Feature for the tool is in alpha and I can focus on modding now.

The plan is to break the big mod apart, upload the individual parts as separated mods with more Campaign integration and put them back together. Basically make an updated WanezMod Compilation out of it using the Tool Feature I invested all that time on (since the AoM release).

Impact on WanezMod
What it means for this Mod is more Campaign features than before and a bunch of new stuff. The Mod folder (WanezMod) will likely remain the same, as will anything that would affect your savegames. The Change Log might end up with links to the Individual Mod's Change Log or I'll take the time to grab them and put them together, I'll see how it goes.
Obviously the process will take longer than just updating it as is, but because of the changed workflow and using the Tool more. Future updates, especially those involving Vanilla files will go faster and smoother. It probably takes a few days to get all this done as opposed to one day without splitting and merging.

I am considering to merge okami's two mods in (Omega & Lost Treasures), since it's not supposed to be the source for other Compilations anymore. Another perk of splitting up the mod and making it into a Compilation of sorts.

For other Mods and Compilations
What it means for other Mods and Compilations... well they can have DGA without all that other stuff, or grab some of the Endgame Item Mods and ignore everything else. I was asked about it in the past and never heard from those again after I told them they need the whole thing and disentangle it themselves. Now is the perfect time to do this, new Projects arise and old ones try to reinvent themselves in an post xpac era.

So all individual parts will be in a separate Thread and on a separate GitHub Repo, but
It's still possible to just grab the entire thing, I'll be using GitHub for the merged mod as before, because the workflow is nice and the Readme can hold all information in a decent format.

Website and this Thread
I'll remove the content on my website, because I'll be updating the server sometime next month and probably delete everything on it to use the server and domain for a new game project in 2018. I only used it for the anchors to navigate faster to parts of the long Documentation, but since I found out GitHub also supports anchors, I don't need it anymore
The current GitHub Repo stays the way it is, as will this thread, I'll make a new Thread and GitHub Repo for the new "WanezMod Compilation".
Old 10-29-2017, 01:48 PM
Advocate

Default v1.0.0

The new Thread is open, but I'm posting the Change Log here and some additional information for those that were playing the mod before.

Most of my time went into rewriting the Documentation (Readme) and it's still not finished, but had to happen to make it work with GitHub alone, since I won't be using the Website for this anymore. I'll be doing some additional stuff after this initial release, just want to get it out and not delay it any further. The split is maybe going to happen in the future, didn't have much time this week to go through with it and I realized some things like Artifacts are still using Mastery skills from this Mod, so I'd end up copying over too many files anyways. However the plan remains, to have Gear and Runes as a separate mod some day, probably once it's in a place where I won't be updating it too much.

v1.0.0
  • the very old items (pre v0.5.0) have been removed, so if you still had some of those, they are gone when you load v1.0.0 - you shouldn't have any of them unless you stashed them away for over 6 months.
  • Documentation (README) was rewritten and old information removed as well as new information added
  • you won't be able to download the Campaign with the mod anymore, there is a .bat you can use to copy the Levels.arc into the mod folder, more information on this is in the new Readme

Expansion
  • *AoM:* Inquisitor and Necromancer have been added
  • new Monsters added to DGA spawn pools
  • Devotion cap and Level cap changed to the new AoM cap
  • other changes like XP equations, etc changed to the AoM values
  • anything I have missed will be fixed later, since I havn't played the Expansion without a mod I can't tell if everything is right (are bosses missing or is something not happening as it should)

Major Features
  • Added Planes-Shifters (aka "Leveling") Gear for levels 85 and 100 where Level 100 Gear is rather expansive compared to the rest. It's quite possible I'll have to make some nerfs to higher gear, I havn't checked with the new items and the scaling algorithm I'm using for them.
  • Pylons can now spawn in the Campaign

Personal Assistant
  • You can get a Scroll from the Settings Ghost (in DGA) or Jailor (Main Campaign)
  • that Scroll will summon a ghost when used with several options

Legendary Crafting
  • Vanilla Epics and Legendaries can be crafted at a new Blacksmith (accessible through the new Personal Assistant)
    • it's a long list, it may take a moment to load and I recommend collapsing everything and only expand the type you want to craft
  • They can be crafted for Legendary Essences (from Omega Mod) and Iron Bits
  • Dismantling Legendaries will give you Legendary Essences.
    • Epics have a lower chance
  • Update from the initial Release of the Standalone version:
    • minor Blueprint cleanup
    • Blacksmiths have been changed to only show these new Blueprints
    • Blacksmiths have the same bonuses as the Gifts & Treasures Blacksmiths (= crafted Legendaries can be slightly better due to an affix being rolled on it)

Minor Features
  • Organized Settings NPC a little. e.g. Difficulties are now in a new Sub-Conversation.
  • Instead of Salvaging Common Items at the Ghost or Jailor you can now use the Personal Assistant for that and the conversation for it has been replaced to give you the Scroll to summon the Assistant
  • DGA Challenge Enemies have been changed to regular enemy strength (it adds too many additional files especially with AoM Enemies = not fun to build the mod when it takes over 3 minutes each time I need to work on it)
  • DGA Legendary Drop-Rates increased by roughly 50% more than the AoM increase

Bug Fixes
  • Difficulty could not be set to higher than Elite, it now goes all the way up to Legendary as it's supposed to

Tags
mod