Old 05-27-2018, 10:34 PM
Initiate

Oh man you changed the devotions I instantly noticed.
Im currently leveling my second Hardcore Character with this build. First Character is at level 53 still alive.

This one is at 45 and recently started to get tanky.
Playstyle is super fun, I hope I dont get one shot by a mob I doesnt know.

Still dont know what nemesis mobs are

Any recommendations which devotion ability to go for first? Im currently aiming for the cooldown reduction

grimtools.com/calc/RVvKKOzZ

Thanks for the build, having tons of fun

Edit:
My questions:

Im comferable against attack based enemies. But as far as I can see theres no medigation to incoming spells. Can that be a problem in the leveling process?

Does the Vitality Decay from Dread works with "x% Attack Damage converted to health"?

Is Overguard really that good? What does this build want from that Skill?

Why Cadence in the new build?

Edit2:
level 50. fixed my devotion
grimtools.com/calc/Q2zooDAV

Last edited by Lockenheada; 05-28-2018 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockenheada View Post
Oh man you changed the devotions I instantly noticed.
Im currently leveling my second Hardcore Character with this build. First Character is at level 53 still alive.

This one is at 45 and recently started to get tanky.
Playstyle is super fun, I hope I dont get one shot by a mob I doesnt know.

Still dont know what nemesis mobs are

Any recommendations which devotion ability to go for first? Im currently aiming for the cooldown reduction

grimtools.com/calc/RVvKKOzZ

Thanks for the build, having tons of fun

Edit:
My questions:

Im comferable against attack based enemies. But as far as I can see theres no medigation to incoming spells. Can that be a problem in the leveling process?

Does the Vitality Decay from Dread works with "x% Attack Damage converted to health"?

Is Overguard really that good? What does this build want from that Skill?

Why Cadence in the new build?

Edit2:
level 50. fixed my devotion
grimtools.com/calc/Q2zooDAV
I can't recomend this build for a new player. It's realy painful to get all the part of the new set. You'd rather focus on getting Krieg's set and aether damage build, till you can find all parts of this equipement.Tbh i don't know anything about "medigation to incoming spells", but 99% of all spells deal physical+another type of damage, so with 20%+ phys. resist and 80% all basic resists you will be fine (except for Aleksanders meteor - it's damage is insane).

About lvling, there are no good aether/vitality damage sets for low lvls, so you have to max out cadence/menhirs bullwark or olerons rage and deal mainly physical/trauma dmg till you get better equipement for lvl 94. Once you get all parts of Krieg's set (easiest set to get) you can start to build aether based charakter. So much about devotion: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYDzjgZ

I got cadence only to make Dryad proc faster (4 sec couldown). Overguard is important for every shield-based build just to fix your stun resists (also shield block/hp regen).

Last edited by Yuukek; 05-28-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:26 PM
Initiate

I will stay on the path and level with Vitality Damage.
Sure Im missing alot of Cold/Phys/Pierce Scaling
But for now Im actually fine, all the vitality damage bonuses and the scaling are enough to get out decent damge currently.
Im not feeling weak at the moment, life steal is good and Harbinger of Souls is giving me Vitality Conversion

Im at Act 2 Elite

That said I will save up an aether set if the damage happens to fall off later, thanks
Old 06-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Initiate

Default Very strong spec

i play a DK for first time even on HC veteran mode and i cleared everything so easy...Even the steps of torment..
Very nice job man
Old 07-07-2018, 08:11 PM
Initiate

Question

Hello,
I've started to level with this build. Its indeed very safe, I am lvl75 on HC already and had 0 dangerous moments so far.
Loving it.

I have a question about devotions. (brace yourself, because I'm a noobie xD)
What do you think about wendigo? it seems like a very fitting choice in this build: more vitality damage and more lifesteal. I dont really get the point of tree of life and Ulo the keeper seems unconvincing.

I came up with this devotion build.
Basically instead of going tree of life, ulo, and builder I went for wendigo, scales, and obelisk.
--
/calc/eZPLb9BZ
--
^ I cant post links to grimcalc so i just post the end of it xD
Any comments on this?

UPD
got lvl 100 with this with completely random equip xD /calc/M2g4MyKV

Last edited by Avernite; 07-10-2018 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:19 PM
Initiate

Default Problem with Green affinities

hello man
I want to ask smthing about this death knight topic
I cannot find where to place the green devotions to make your spec....can you help me ?
I just don't understand where to put 6 green devotions cause the tree is not unlocked to get your affinities and i am focusing 100% on your build to make a death knight 100 lvl in HC
Thx for any help
Old 08-22-2018, 11:01 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avernite View Post
I have a question about devotions. (brace yourself, because I'm a noobie xD)
What do you think about wendigo? it seems like a very fitting choice in this build: more vitality damage and more lifesteal. I dont really get the point of tree of life and Ulo the keeper seems unconvincing.
I don't like wendigo, because it's too expensive (6 points for 2 red).
Tree of Life used too be very usefull for most of soldier-based builds, but it's heal was hardly fixed with a recent update. Chariot + Giant will give you much more survivability, than ToL + Wendigo imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefalim View Post
hello man
I want to ask smthing about this death knight topic
I cannot find where to place the green devotions to make your spec....can you help me ?
I just don't understand where to put 6 green devotions cause the tree is not unlocked to get your affinities and i am focusing 100% on your build to make a death knight 100 lvl in HC
Thx for any help
You get +3 green from full Chariott and +3 from full Behemoth constellations.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:19 PM
Initiate

Default Problem with Green affinities

Well i cannot put any devotion point to either chariot or behemooth because they both require 3 green afinitys wich i don't know where to active to unlock according to your build
I am a little noob sorry
Old 08-22-2018, 11:29 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefalim View Post
Well i cannot put any devotion point to either chariot or behemooth because they both require 3 green afinitys wich i don't know where to active to unlock according to your build
I am a little noob sorry
Put 1 point to green crossroad -> unlock hawk (or whatever) -> complete Behemoth/Chariott -> remove all points from hawk/crossroad (visit spirit guide north-east inside devils cross)
Old 08-22-2018, 11:32 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukek View Post
Put 1 point to green crossroad -> unlock hawk (or whatever) -> complete Behemoth/Chariott -> remove all points from hawk/crossroad (visit spirit guide north-east inside devils cross)
Oh...So easy... ??
And i was searching about 1 hour what is going wrong here with me
Thank you very much mate...
By the way today i completed hardcore veteran mode and started hardcore elite mode
Your build is very strong really....
Congrats once again

Tags
death knight