Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-30-2015, 05:40 AM
Initiate

I encountered nemesis of cronley, kymon, and undeads' factions. They all 3 animations wipe out my pets. I was using this build of yours shown in the first post.

So conclusion, you can basically clear every single boss out there except nemesis.

I am a conjurer myself and I find it a rage quit whenever I see nemesis wiping my pets entirely. Isn't there any way to kill them?
Old 08-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZawZaw View Post
I encountered nemesis of cronley, kymon, and undeads' factions. They all 3 animations wipe out my pets. I was using this build of yours shown in the first post.

So conclusion, you can basically clear every single boss out there except nemesis.

I am a conjurer myself and I find it a rage quit whenever I see nemesis wiping my pets entirely. Isn't there any way to kill them?
Hmm... I haven't got this character to nemesis with any faction yet so I wasn't aware of that and the one time I did fight a nemesis, I was in a multiplayer session so someone else could tank. That being said, although my pets died, they were out long enough for their cooldowns to finish so I could summon them again.

Maybe try getting off as much damage as you can, and when your pets die run away to re summon the. It's the standard hit and run tactic but it might work for you.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:57 PM
Advocate

Want gameplay video! Sounds cool.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sano View Post
Want gameplay video! Sounds cool.
Glad you like the build though I don't really have anything to record with and wouldn't really know where to start from there.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:17 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZawZaw View Post

Hmmm Moosilauke hits quite a bit harder but not so much as to wipe them all out at the same time. And even if some wipe, just re-summon. Have only gotten nemesis with the undead and honestly have to say he hasn't posed much of a problem for me.

Running 5 pets at 404% dmg and 83% speed though.
with this : http://grimcalc.com/build/nTxdaH
Old 09-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Initiate

Hi, i´m new to the game and i want the pokemaster be my first char My gear will be self found only, so would it work though?

Further I wanted to ask you what to skill in the first 10-15 levels and when to pick the second mastery? I should start with occultism i suppose?

Thx in advance for answering my noob questions
Old 09-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Advocate

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2247A668 View Post
Hi, i´m new to the game and i want the pokemaster be my first char My gear will be self found only, so would it work though?

Further I wanted to ask you what to skill in the first 10-15 levels and when to pick the second mastery? I should start with occultism i suppose?

Thx in advance for answering my noob questions
When making a new character, I like to outline stages for the build.

Stage 1
http://grimcalc.com/build/QvqiVs

Max out your hellhound first and then mend flesh. Your hound will one-shot everything and with your familiar set to defensive you won't die.

Stage 2
http://grimcalc.com/build/0iSN21

Curse of frailty and vulnerability make enemies take a lot more damage from your pets and makes them slow so the can't catch you (and even if they do you've always got mend flesh).

Stage 3
http://grimcalc.com/build/ZQdNx8

So stage 3 is a big stage. Max out your mastery first then put a point into bonds of bysmiel and then max manipulation. After that, do the rest of the stuff you see in this stage.

Stage 4
http://grimcalc.com/build/ihfPC3

Next thing to do is go into the shaman tree and max briarthorn cos' it's strong and finally dump your remaining into bonds of bysmiel.

Gear.
You'll probably fine. Check out the rover faction shop and the order of death's vigil.
I know rng isn't reliable but for me, pet gear drops fairly often so don't worry.
Finally, always go for +%pet damage over anything else. Health is kinda meh.

Hope you enjoy the build!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:37 PM
Initiate

Thank you a lot for fast and detailed answer! If the build is still powerfull with self found gear i´m sure i´ll enjoy it
Old 09-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Speaker

My suggestion would be:
Put one point in occultist
Max Summon Familiar
Watch the Familiar destroy everything till you reach level 10
Remove points from Familiar, max Briarthorn

In terms of strength, the familiar is weaker than the hellhound and the hellhound is weaker than the briarthorn. You can get the Familiar much faster, though, and he's more than sufficient to destroy low level enemies (even with his slow missiles).
Old 09-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Initiate

Thx for suggestion!

An other question: Should I spent all my point in Phys at the beginning? What about the other skills - not only pets - to be more involved into the battle, is there a possibility or perhaps it isn´t worth it

Tags
conjurer, occultist, shaman, skills, summoner