Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 11-15-2018, 05:57 AM
Praetorian

I'd like to point out that it's the same as Murmur's -%poison and -%cold.

I never understood why RR in devotions varies from 23% to 35%, which is a pretty big difference. Quite often it's a result of some older balance fine-tuning, and then partially referrencing it, even though some other things might have made the status quo shifted already.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:03 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
I'd like to point out that it's the same as Murmur's -%poison and -%cold.

I never understood why RR in devotions varies from 23% to 35%, which is a pretty big difference. Quite often it's a result of some older balance fine-tuning, and then partially referrencing it, even though some other things might have made the status quo shifted already.
Murmur is infinitely better. Nods are much cooler, for 1 more nod we get two more affinity points, monster's stackable OA shred is ten times better than slow.

Chaos RR is -35% on Eldritch Fire because chaos element is a dumptser fire right now and extra RR tries to help it as much as possible (it's still a catastrophe tho).
Old 11-15-2018, 07:28 AM
Praetorian

Assassin is the most thist nodes. but solael is pretty much like crown and gives chaos fire.

To me Manticore is annoying functionally due to low proc chance.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:40 AM
Champion

The only part of Solael that botter me is energy burn reflect. For the love of Dark Gods pls get rid of this TQ artifact.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I would say that 60% of those builds success is Inquisitor and 20% very hard to find weapon (good Archon Maul and Shar'Zul's Wifebeater). Not fire damage.
lol ok. Be stubborn then
Old 11-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Murmur is infinitely better. Nods are much cooler, for 1 more nod we get two more affinity points, monster's stackable OA shred is ten times better than slow.
True, but imo fire has a better t3 devotion than cold. So does chaos (and to much much larger extent).
Old 11-15-2018, 03:48 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
The only part of Solael that botter me is energy burn reflect. For the love of Dark Gods pls get rid of this TQ artifact.
It lost that ages ago.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:39 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Assassin is the most thist nodes. but solael is pretty much like crown and gives chaos fire.

To me Manticore is annoying functionally due to low proc chance.
I don't think Solael can be compared to Crown. Crown got more useful proc (because it covers 3 elements) and much better nodes. Two elements is in line with what Widow and Murmur offers.

Nobody likes Manticore. Thank god Pierce got that gloves mod to ring of steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercymaker View Post
lol ok. Be stubborn then
In next episode: I make a number one sacred strike defiler with fastest Cronley kill (among sacred strike defilers), because we all know Cronley is the real end-game boss, and argue about math with people who have PhD in physics for 10 pages!
Old 11-15-2018, 04:41 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
It lost that ages ago.
oh, right. Well, I`m glad its gone
Old 11-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Advocate

Fire seems to have a reasonable amount of Devotion RR support. Stacking RR for the most part.

Part of the overall fire umm...balance problem... is the clunky Demo RR mechanics compared to other masteries - other masteries that use easier auras and attacks. Not to mention idiot-proof item procs. (start-rant) Demo probably should also have choas RR and a few others RR types- To me it makes far more sense in lore than Inquisitor ever could. But whatever. (end-rant)

However as far as elemental is concerned: don't forget Viper exists. It's not -% RR, but it is a very useful RR that doesn't need to be tied to a skill and it is of a rarer type - which means conflicts are limited to some gear and augments iirc. (and maybe Hand of ultos proc).

Viper not only adds to the elemental RR side, but also gives some decent stuff on top of that. (energy leech, %OA).

RE the OP: The T2 Solael constellation could do with some bigger OA and DA values. 10 is not a reasonable T2 value imho, and it should be in the range of 25-ish.

(Also while cold may not have a great T3, the T2 Blizzard proc is of T3 quality, imho)

Last edited by hammyhamster1; 11-15-2018 at 06:08 PM.