Old 10-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Initiate

Default ...

maybe something along this lines?
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrRW1Z6

but i am pretty new to the game and not sure if the synergies will hold on ultimate - also got some spare points over there i don't know where to place..

it's just that I love pets but only in hybrid builds - full summoners are always boring for me
Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Counsel

Anyone knows if Stormbox Tether upgrade damages the initial target?
Old 10-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
Anyone knows if Stormbox Tether upgrade damages the initial target?
It seems that it does. And the tether hits incredibly fast, far faster than the typical per second ticks of the box itself. As an early leveling skill, at any rate, storm box is incredibly good.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Counsel

Yeah, seems that way. Shame that the box damage doesn't transfer to the cord itself.

I am making a PRM Inq/Arcanist, haven't touched PRM until nearly 50 because of how good Word of Pain + Stormbox is in Veteran. Word of Pain is basically an AoE delete button with Rowan's Crown, toss Stormbox at heavy enemies, run around and laugh.

Overall, I like what Inquisitor did for elemental PRM so far. Throw out two good damage DoTs and then start spamming the missiles. I hope that with the new tier 3 elemental devotion this build will finally have decent single target damage. Shame there doesn't seem to be a global or at least PRM conversion from Aether into Elemental anywhere.

Last edited by konfeta; 10-12-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Acolyte

Anyone have a successful spell caster build?

I don't want to use guns nor 2 handers. Ideally, dagger/offhand (tome preferably).

Arcanist seems to be a goto for survivability concerns, but I basically just want to spam spells that wreck the battlefield, more preferably, lightning abilities.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:37 PM
Counsel

Occultist + Shaman = vitality caster. Focus on Circle of Destruction, Doombolt, Devouring Swarm, and Lightning Totem (Transmuted). Hits like a truck and is impossible to die with unless hit by overwhelming burst damage.

Occultist + Nightblade = poison caster centered on Dreegs Evil Eye and poison devotions. Stack them poisons. Absolutely disgusting damage output (I clocked a ~250k crit DoT tic with this IIRC.)

Arcanist + Shaman = Torzan + Wind Devil + Storm Totem - cold/lightning caster.

Those are the three caster types I played that worked pretty well before the expansion, and AFAIK, they didn't get any nerfs (well, my Arcanist + Shaman build did in that Wind Devil no longer multiprocs a million Leviathan Whirlpools, but Torzan Shard got good item buffs this expansion so that's probably a wash). They also added a component that gives you a left click chain lightning spell, I want to see if I can fit that into it.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
Occultist + Shaman = vitality caster. Focus on Circle of Destruction, Doombolt, Devouring Swarm, and Lightning Totem (Transmuted). Hits like a truck and is impossible to die with unless hit by overwhelming burst damage.

Occultist + Nightblade = poison caster centered on Dreegs Evil Eye and poison devotions. Stack them poisons. Absolutely disgusting damage output (I clocked a ~250k crit DoT tic with this IIRC.)
do you still have build calculators on these? I'm interested to see.

i have yet to play a solid caster in this game and I am always scratching my head when nightblade comes into the mix. i just don't know how to mesh that together.

they both sound sick though. the first one sounds wicked.

just fyi, on the second one, would it be contradictory to swap out nightblade with necro? i know dreegs evil eye is your primary ability but i have had success with necros ravenous earth, but seems contradictory.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Counsel

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOaRvVn

That's my vitality caster as of the last time I touched it, haven't looked at the level 100 stuff. I want to throw in Bloody Pox with the new skillpoints. Wendingo Totem is also an option. The core of the build is Sigil/Doombolt, rest is whatever.

Devotion Wise, I am using Hourglass for double-casting Doombolt (magnificent burst), but now there are items with -flat cooldown reduction on Doombolt, I might drop it and try to see if I can squeeze in the new Rattosh Devotion instead. Dying God is non-negotiable, though. Dying God is INCREDIBLE.

Occultist is self-sufficient for a Caster Poison Damage actually (Evil Eye + Devotions are the core damage of the build), I just threw in Nightblade for Shadow Strike due to its massive Poison Damage upgrade and mobility. I also like the rogue-ish hit and run feeling of shanking things. I imagine you can fit any secondary class with it? As long as it adds any form of utility or survivability, it works with a Dreeg Eye build.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeeMvZ8

I am definitely incorporating the new Tier 2 Poison Devotion into this. I just had points in Ulzuin Torch for the OA/Crit Damage because couldn't think of where else to stick them into. Bloody Pox's poison upgrade is also a good candidate for the new level 100 cap points.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25jjyV5

Yeah, it fits perfectly. Just enough devotions to grab another poison resist shred.

Regardless of how you do a poison caster build though, as long as you grab the right devotions and have good OA/Crit Damage, you will not be lacking for damage. The really nice thing about DoT builds is that they are inherently the safest build - you fire and run like a chicken while they die.

Last edited by konfeta; 10-12-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Acolyte

Those look pretty solid. I like what you're building here. I might try something along your lines, but I still am baffled as to how some points in nightblade still make any sense on a poison caster.

hence all the points into shadow strike. i mean, i'm assuming this is your primary single target (boss) ability with all the direct poison damage, but beyond that, is that the only reason it needs this much point investment?

maybe i'm unfamiliar with the game but i just have my head scratching about nightblade especially on a caster.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Acolyte

Still don't have a computer that can handle GD, but that isn't stopping me from trying to construct a build so I can hit the ground running. No equipment and just one constellation, though (all those constellations are intimidating to look through, and the wikia hasn't been updated with AoM constellations); the important point is allocating...well, trying to allocate...the skill points:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQ0nXZ6

(I can hear the laughter from here, thank you.)

Needless to say, I ran into the skill point limit HARD. The shaman side seems good; it's the inquisitor side I'm worried about. As in, is the basal Storm Box of Elgoloth arguably a one-point wonder? It doesn't help that I don't know if Lightning Tether's slowing effect extends to the entire aura, or just enemies in the tether proper.