Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2017, 09:02 PM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 563
Thumbs Up Grimtools update: theorycrafting thread

New Grimtools update added two new masteries and bunch of new constellations. It's still missing new items and new level cap. My first thought is that Inquisitor mastery looks incredibly OP for Demo/Inquisitor ranged build. New constellations look neat, but can't say much without testing them. Anyone with some of the new theorycrafted builds?
__________________
The best melee druid build http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53871
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2017, 09:10 PM
powbam's Avatar
powbam powbam is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
My first thought is that Inquisitor mastery looks incredibly OP for Demo/Inquisitor ranged build.
I'm running one now and it's pretty beast. Pretty fun and its come a ways since it first hit testing I think everyone is gunna like it.
__________________
powbam is like a forum vulture, when he shows up, the thread is close to death. ~jiaco
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2017, 10:00 PM
spikenik's Avatar
spikenik spikenik is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 331
Default

Only had a quick look so far, but Vindicator also seems to have some pretty good synergy going on - lots of juicy crit potential from what I can see. Definitely tempted to try out a Savagery/Storm Spread combo for my first xpac character.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2017, 10:00 PM
Evil_Baka's Avatar
Evil_Baka Evil_Baka is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 750
Default

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK84p2D

Not big but this is my idea, in contrast to the gunner Purifier, it's more of a CDR caster approach. The 5 additional expansion devotion points are going into Ulzuin's Torch .

Edit:

I couldn't help myself

I've tried to take Ulzuin's Torch's bonuses into account so chaos res would be capped with Word of Renewal and OA/Fire %/Burn % would be a bit higher. I've also taken the extra 20 points from 85 - 100 into account as well.

Edit 2: With the extra levels/devotion points, surprisingly defensive all around and not bad OA either: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JXA0Zp

Last edited by Evil_Baka; 09-19-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2017, 11:46 PM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
I'm running one now and it's pretty beast. Pretty fun and its come a ways since it first hit testing I think everyone is gunna like it.
Yeah, gotta put Sorcerer/Pyromancer gunslingers off the map. Exclusive skill with flat fire damage + elemental RR and those WPS skills, feels OP already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK84p2D

Not big but this is my idea, in contrast to the gunner Purifier, it's more of a CDR caster approach. The 5 additional expansion devotion points are going into Ulzuin's Torch .
So you need Time dilation to spam those runs? Interesting.
__________________
The best melee druid build http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53871
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-19-2017, 02:45 AM
Goober Goober is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Yeah, gotta put Sorcerer/Pyromancer gunslingers off the map. Exclusive skill with flat fire damage + elemental RR and those WPS skills, feels OP already.



So you need Time dilation to spam those runs? Interesting.
Gonna miss http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31535. Wonder what gunslingers are gonna do since Brimstone of Fire strike in Demo only really synergizes with Occultist.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-2017, 06:10 AM
Gibly's Avatar
Gibly Gibly is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Gonna miss http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31535. Wonder what gunslingers are gonna do since Brimstone of Fire strike in Demo only really synergizes with Occultist.
yeah its not like we have a ton of conversion options coming or anything...
__________________
Mentally absent

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2017, 11:47 PM
They Live They Live is online now
Herald
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Weird boot shaped peninsula
Posts: 1,005
Default

i was messing with grimtools to have an idea about the cold gunslinger infiltrator i had in mind and found out that murmur, the mistress of rumors is just perfect for that build.

I hope to be able to play it soon
__________________
RogalYova!!!! (i'm agoraphobianosebleed on twitch)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Norzan Norzan is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,754
Default

Aura of Censure doesn't give flat fire damage, that damage is dealt to nearby enemies like the set proc of Justicar.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-19-2017, 01:24 AM
FunkyGandalf's Avatar
FunkyGandalf FunkyGandalf is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Aura of Censure doesn't give flat fire damage, that damage is dealt to nearby enemies like the set proc of Justicar.
Or Night's Chill (for a more common example).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2017 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.