#121  
Old 10-01-2015, 06:52 AM
mamba's Avatar
mamba mamba is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syqq View Post
Okay, so, in example of Focused Gaze: do i need a weapon that deals chaos dmg, wich gets enhanced by it or does it deal the weapondmg *150% in form of chaos?
the former, the weapon needs to deal chaos damage, that chaos dmaage is the bugged by the % boost

Quote:
Another example that might make it more clear for me is Bloody Pox. The Spell itself deals only Bleedingdmg, the first upgrade gives it some Vitalitydmg. The second upgrade gives us +% vitalitydmg that is tied to the Poxdmg only, right?
yes, as the skill has no % weapon damage, it buffs the skill damage only

Quote:
So the Vitalitydmg part of that Skill would be worthless if we dont take the second upgrade aswell?
no, it still would deal the vitality damage from the 1st synergy, but it would not get buffed by the +% of the second synergy
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-30-2017, 08:52 PM
AJz77x AJz77x is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Default Physical to X on a Shield/Caster Off-Hand??? Component Q&A

Hey, does anyone know if I apply a Coldstone/Enchanted Flint/Hell's Bane Ammo to an off-hand (Shield or Caster Off-Hand), do I get the Physical to (Ice, Fire, Lightning) Damage to my main hand? or is it a wasted stat?

I'm mean, I'm doing it either way (cause Auras are OP for Cabalists), was just curious how efficient/inefficient my build is starting to look.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJz77x View Post
Hey, does anyone know if I apply a Coldstone/Enchanted Flint/Hell's Bane Ammo to an off-hand (Shield or Caster Off-Hand), do I get the Physical to (Ice, Fire, Lightning) Damage to my main hand? or is it a wasted stat?

I'm mean, I'm doing it either way (cause Auras are OP for Cabalists), was just curious how efficient/inefficient my build is starting to look.





Yes the conversion would apply to every skill having physical damage so not a wasted stat
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-30-2017, 09:44 PM
Stg's Avatar
Stg Stg is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,196
Default

At first I was going to say the card's description was a bit harsh since he's a newcomer, but I'm kinda stumped as to how he found this particular thread when the main Development page is littered with Misadventures in the 100s.
__________________
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-30-2017, 11:45 PM
AJz77x AJz77x is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Default

I found this one because of finding another post that got moved to this thread. It was on the topic of how flat damage & more specifically flat elemental damage works, so I naturally figured, with that being moved here, might as well post my own mechanics based question here.

Didn't actually read the whole thread leading up to this though, but meh... who has time for that?
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 10-31-2017, 12:09 AM
AJz77x AJz77x is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Default

Actually, I think I have a bigger question now... If I have a weapon & a caster off-hand with both having a coldstone, can I have 2 different chilled weapon auras, or do I have to have enchanted flint or hell's bane ammo box to get an additional aura? I remember in PoE you can't stack the same exact aura, even if you have two copies of it socketed, & I'm not sure if the same holds true here or not. It'd be super cool if I could have double Chilled Weapons.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-31-2017, 12:12 AM
ibugsy's Avatar
ibugsy ibugsy is online now
Apostle
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJz77x View Post
Actually, I think I have a bigger question now... If I have a weapon & a caster off-hand with both having a coldstone, can I have 2 different chilled weapon auras, or do I have to have enchanted flint or hell's bane ammo box to get an additional aura? I remember in PoE you can't stack the same exact aura, even if you have two copies of it socketed, & I'm not sure if the same holds true here or not. It'd be super cool if I could have double Chilled Weapons.
Only one of an aura will work. If you have Piercing I aura and a Piercing II aura - then they would both work.

IIRC, there is only one chill aura (from the coldstone). So you'd only be able to use one. (Unless there's another cold aura in the expansion.)
__________________
  • Forum Etiquette : http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3
  • Forum Guidelines : http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1
  • Reporting Bugs (Please Read) : http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8053
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-31-2017, 12:33 AM
Stg's Avatar
Stg Stg is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJz77x View Post
Actually, I think I have a bigger question now... If I have a weapon & a caster off-hand with both having a coldstone, can I have 2 different chilled weapon auras, or do I have to have enchanted flint or hell's bane ammo box to get an additional aura? I remember in PoE you can't stack the same exact aura, even if you have two copies of it socketed, & I'm not sure if the same holds true here or not. It'd be super cool if I could have double Chilled Weapons.
Rather than keep bumping this ancient thread, you'd get a lot more responses a hell of a lot faster if you just posted your questions in the Gameplay sub-forum. There's always one or two mechanics-based topics popping up there and some of the more seasoned players have vast knowledge about the particulars of game mechanics.
__________________
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-31-2017, 01:29 AM
AJz77x AJz77x is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
Rather than keep bumping this ancient thread, you'd get a lot more responses a hell of a lot faster if you just posted your questions in the Gameplay sub-forum. There's always one or two mechanics-based topics popping up there and some of the more seasoned players have vast knowledge about the particulars of game mechanics.
Thanks, I'll move over there then. Thanx for the tips though bruhs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crafting, grim misadventure, guides, itemization, loot, skills
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.