Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Old 08-27-2018, 04:24 PM
Champion

Inquisitor Martyr is a game that seems to have been made by asking the question "what did Grim Dawn do right that we can fuck up instead?" and then they did. The Warhammer name is the only thing that made any sales there, the game itself is pretty awful. The developers being in denial just adds to the insanity, Games Workshop probably took a bit of a loss there, but we all know they can afford it.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Counsel

I'm very doubtful about this one. After seeing&hearing what they did with the inquisitor: martyr i'm not having big expectations.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekkuli View Post
I'm very doubtful about this one. After seeing&hearing what they did with the inquisitor: martyr i'm not having big expectations.
Done by a different dev team,

Eko Software are the dev team, while the publisher is Bigben interactive are the publishers. Same as inquisitor: martyr, but yes, that is a total flop.

I will keep an eye on it, but I'm not got my hopes set too high, have to wait and see how Chaosbane pans out.

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 10-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Online only games have a limited lifespan if the devs never plan to patch in offline capability when the game reaches the end (Diablo 3).
Is that confirmed already? You would think they'd be smart and put it in if they are going to close the doors on the online. Shouldn't be that difficult if the console versions already have offline. Which would be pretty fucked up, them leaving PC players screwed while console people can still play if they want. Way to fuck over the demographic that paid all the bills.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Praetorian

can't find anything on this, apart from its a rumour. if they do decide to shut down the servers, there will be a lot of unhappy campers that will suffer. or just get a console and play it that way

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 10-09-2018, 05:07 PM
Praetorian

This game looks so familiar...

I will give it a try once it comes out, though.

Kickstarter Contributor - Hoarder's Edition - 5/2/2012
Old 10-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewfarmery View Post
can't find anything on this, apart from its a rumour. if they do decide to shut down the servers, there will be a lot of unhappy campers that will suffer. or just get a console and play it that way
I don't buy it, blizzard kept up the D2 servers for years (are they still up? probably). They're one of the few companies who can actually afford servers for this.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
I don't buy it, blizzard kept up the D2 servers for years (are they still up? probably). They're one of the few companies who can actually afford servers for this.
Yes, D2 servers are still running. But what D2 operations costs is a drop in the bucket compared to D3 operations costs. D3 is effectively an MMO -- the majority of the game's mechanics run on D3's servers. The player's computer just does what it's told. And considering all development has pretty much stopped for D3, I wouldn't hold my breath on them patching in offline play when the day comes that the higher-ups have decided they don't want to pay to keep running a game generating no revenue.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:10 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul View Post
Yes, D2 servers are still running. But what D2 operations costs is a drop in the bucket compared to D3 operations costs. D3 is effectively an MMO -- the majority of the game's mechanics run on D3's servers. The player's computer just does what it's told. And considering all development has pretty much stopped for D3, I wouldn't hold my breath on them patching in offline play when the day comes that the higher-ups have decided they don't want to pay to keep running a game generating no revenue.
Well, D3 just doesn't have long-term playability. Paragon levels don't compensate enough for the power-creep requirements of grift pushing, and gem levels have a hardcap limit. The only reason we are seeing the grift levels we are now is because the devs have vastly increased set bonus power since the early seasons. Once dev hands are completely off the game, then D3 will taper off and die an empty, barren death.

Hell, they've been bleeding players (outside of Asian counties at least) every "new" season, since they refuse to change the meta or add anything substantial -- protip: 2x treasure goblin spawns isn't going to keep your game 'interesting' and/or 'compelling'.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:33 PM
Initiate

Though I think this game will stay on the good guys side too, I'm still waiting for a Warhammer game where I can play as a skaven <3

WAR was killed before they could came up with new races. In Vermintide - as far as I know - you can only slay them poor things. The closest thing is a stupid mobile game I found.