Old 03-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Herald

Default Zelda: BOTW

I was skeptical at first about this game.

But Honestly, it is probably three times the size of Skyrim with SO much to do, and DLC coming.

It truly is a 10/10. I was a bit annoyed at weapons breaking at first, but it's designed to be that way, and as you advance, the weapons you find are not only HUGE in variety and function, but they last much longer.

It's deep, has amazing voice acting and cutscenes, a real sense of achievement when you accomplish a very difficult puzzle/shrine/dungeon, and the amount of secrets and hidden locations is mind boggling. If anything, I should take away a half a point because of how overwhelming it all is, but it really doesn't hold your hand at all. The only tips you get in the game are on loading screen dialogue.

The graphics are great, the combat is great, and the puzzles are difficult: this is the first time in a Zelda game where I have been frustrated at not being able to figure something out and had to come back to it later after suddenly a light goes on in my head after discovering a new mechanic.

I am having a BLAST on this game and I can't put it down. I've been playing for days on end, as often as I can manage, and I have only JUST beaten the first "dungeon." There are so many more to go...

I'm taking my Switch with me to Australia when I go on vacation, and I am so glad I will have this game to play as I make that 34 hour flight.

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!"
Old 03-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Praetorian

It looks pretty fun, I'd get it if I had a switch but I have no interest in a switch. I haven't touched my Wii in years, so I feel like I'd be wasting my money especially since I'm not a die hard nintendo or zelda fan.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
It looks pretty fun, I'd get it if I had a switch but I have no interest in a switch. I haven't touched my Wii in years, so I feel like I'd be wasting my money especially since I'm not a die hard nintendo or zelda fan.
I don't want to hear that filthy devil talk come out of your mouth ever again!
Old 03-20-2017, 01:45 PM
Supporter

Good to hear that you're enjoying it. There's no doubt in my mind that the game is absolutely fantastic. I mean, it's Zelda. The weapon durability thing has me particularly intrigued... and apparently there's multiple ways to accomplish something, which is cool. I do really want to play it, but alas I don't have a Switch yet... and I sold my Wii U some time ago as it had tragically transformed itself into a dusty doorstop. So it looks like I'll be a bit late to the party on this one, but needless to say if I had the game I'd probably be playing it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martimus View Post
"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!"
Indeed.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
So it looks like I'll be a bit late to the party on this one, but needless to say if I had the game I'd probably be playing it right now.
Welcome to the club :P
Old 03-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Speaker

Actually as The Legend of Zelda Fan(boy) it shouldn't be surprising, but for me BotW is an Masterpiece, which you don't met often. And i mean it. I myself was surprised about this whole 10 out of 10 Reviews, and even i thought they overexaggerate, but after over 200 playtime. God damn. I played a lot of Games the last Years, we had some amazing Games like Witcher 3 - but, except the Performance for me BotW is really nearly perfect and they set a new treshold for the TLoZ Franchise. It might not be as innotive as Ocarina of Time, but the Changes and Stepup is quite in the same league.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:20 AM
Acolyte

I almost never buy brand new games but I bought into the hype for this one and shelled out the $50 for it, thinking it would take me back to my nostalagic days as a kid playing OoT. Felt a bit silly afterwards realizing there's no way it could be that good as I hoped.... Then I played it. Holy crap. Definitely one of the best games I have ever played, it just does everything so well. It draws you into this massive world and makes you want to keep exploring. Makes me almost not regret purchasing a wii-u a few years back.