Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 12-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seemann View Post
Good build, fun to play and very efficient !

just a question though, at which skills are acid spray and arcane bomb attached ?

I bound acid spray to fire strike and arcane bomb to flashbang so far, seems fine so far
Thx

Dont change anything in devotions binding
Old 12-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Campaigner

I think Nine has been playing similar build while streaming. As far as i remember, he said that the 2h gun used in this build is the Best weapon in GD in his opinion.

Grim Dawn dla zielonych:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=916207134

AoM CDR Primal Spirit Conjurer:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65761

Last edited by gregory_portman; 12-11-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory_portman View Post
I think Nine has been playing similar build while streaming. As far as i remember, he said that the 2h gun used in this build is the Best weapon in GD in his opinion.
Idk, never watched Nine streams, but he knows all the tricks in this game so I dont doubt.
I dont think its best but most unique one definitely (Would be the best if it was lightning or fire dmg instead of aether )
Old 12-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Initiate

Nice build, but I was wondering how it compares to jajaja's conjurer/primal strike version of it.
Also, would a pyromancer version of it work well, fire strike plus CoF?
Old 12-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap View Post
Nice build, but I was wondering how it compares to jajaja's conjurer/primal strike version of it.
Also, would a pyromancer version of it work well, fire strike plus CoF?
Thx

Its a different concept than jajajas conjurer, only thing they share is same weapon. In his build jajaja uses Vortex of souls just for piercing trough and noting more, this build utilizes full potential of that rifle, ie aether dmg, +2 to arcanist. He has cof for -res and higher crit multi but much less dps. He uses black star and this build uses manticore so its 10 flat rr more and manticore is overall better for applying on multiple targets. This build is much tankier tho it doesn't have to be.
In conclusion: both builds are pretty solid and you wont be mistaking by choosing either one.

Ofc it would work, but that would be almost the same concept as jajajas, you would use Vortex just for piercing through and noting more, same goes for elementalist.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Initiate

Thanks for the reply and explanation
Old 12-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Initiate

Hey man, nice work

Could you put up a leveling guide for the skills and devotion?

I'm doing this as my first char, it would be very helpful

Also, what is the main difference from this build and you other 2H ranged pyromancer build?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
When all other resistances caped, phy dmg is only thing that can kill you, so high armor or nice phys resistance is more than useful.

Can I post pic instead

Not sure about rings, its 50 something, best I have is 52%.
I have managed to get away with 0 physical resistance on my melee builds and even tanks. I often foucs on DA and Armor absorption. Physical Resistance is hard to come by so i usually forget it on build where i can get it. I thought you might have high aether damage. I guess i should change my gear a bit

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap View Post
Thanks for the reply and explanation
Any time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycalm View Post
Hey man, nice work

Could you put up a leveling guide for the skills and devotion?

I'm doing this as my first char, it would be very helpful

Also, what is the main difference from this build and you other 2H ranged pyromancer build?

Thanks
Thx

Im not huge on leveling guides. I leveled this char as a PRM(paneti replicating missile)/devastation sorc until it was 75 and able to equip Vortex cuz I had better low lvl equipment for caster. But you can lvl it as 2H ranged or even DW pistols with no problems, sorcerer is versatile char its up to yours liking how to lvl it up.
But since its your first char I strongly recommend you to start as caster PRM or even CT (calidors tempest) take arcane bomb from devotion and devastation asap. Dont try this build untill you get Vortex of souls and other equipment ie arcane shard of agrivih, Albrechts duality rings, etc. This build is heavy gear dependent.

Compared to pyro 2h build this one is more gear dependant, pyro can work nicely even without any of gear peaces I used. Also this build has better clear speed, but pyro has better single target dmg. Pyro is a bit tankyer, tho this char is tanky as hell also.

Hope this will be helpful, gl playing
Old 12-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I have managed to get away with 0 physical resistance on my melee builds and even tanks. I often foucs on DA and Armor absorption. Physical Resistance is hard to come by so i usually forget it on build where i can get it. I thought you might have high aether damage. I guess i should change my gear a bit
You can make this build much more offensive with higher dps and 0 phys res and still viable, its up to yours liking. I took Iskandra cuz it fits pretty well and gives bonuses to aether dmg and that uber phys resistance, but its not necessary. If you want to go with clairvoyant, one AD ring and BOEH you can, just make sure to max maivens sphere and you will be ok most of the time, tho not tanky like with iskandra and with less HP.

Tags
sorcerer