Old 12-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Supporter

In general I am happy with the work of Chris Wilson in GD, he has managed to capture the essence of a world devastated by the events of Grim DAwn. But this time I did not like it, I did not like the fragment of the boss's music, I found it somewhat chaotic, as it does not mix well the organ effect with the guitar. And another thing that I would like is that being the music of the final boss of the game, have pronounced intensity changes.

Why not an adaptive style of something like that, with changes towards the original themes of the game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=essAq0kEq10
Old 12-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade_305 View Post
I found it somewhat chaotic, as it does not mix well the organ effect with the guitar. And another thing that I would like is that being the music of the final boss of the game, have pronounced intensity changes.
I imagine the most recent post is of a later phase of the fight, similar to what happened with Theodin Marcell. Theodin's third phase theme is very chaotic and rushed, instilling some urgency on players to finish him off. Here, the second theme we got was much the same, but the first theme was more traditional.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Initiate

That's a damn nice tune .
Old 12-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoomgod View Post
More in game music is something I've wanted for so long now, I cannot put into words how happy this has made me.
Same, I still want a bunch of the tracks from the OST in-game.

https://youtu.be/f6J5lT9kcrE

https://youtu.be/WwLPwsDNjo8

These are two of the best pieces on the OST and are nowhere to be heard in the game. Crate plz.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:59 PM
Supporter

Lonely Moon is a weird track. I think it doesn't fit the general mood of the game. It's sounds too hopeful and optimistic for the apocalyptic world of Cairn.

Sent from my Ultra Shine using Tapatalk

Last edited by toapeiron; 12-06-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Advocate

I always figured Lonely Moon would make a good credits track. All they need to do is shove the credits sequence in after the final boss and play the music on loop for *googles the length of GD's credits* over half an hour.

I think it's a lovely track though, definitely one of my faves.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Speaker

I think Lonely Moon creates an incredible contrast to the game's mood. It's nostalgic, almost something you'd see along a small patch of garden with a child playing - or it's ghost ?

Whatever, I really see it having a place somewhere in the game, maybe even in a hidden place.

(also, kuddos for the Debussy/Supertramp feeling of Lonely Moon )

Last edited by Eawyne; 12-08-2018 at 07:14 PM.