Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 12-07-2017, 01:13 AM
Initiate

Default Ability counting to weapon stats

SOLVED! The problem was the game always compares with the dps of skill/attack/ability on "1" or "A" (with xbox gamepad). After changing the first skill to default attack the comparison is okay.

Original post:

I upgraded my weapon with a rune which grants me fireball as ability.
But if I look at a weapon on the ground the damage is now with every weapon on the ground 200 points lower than my current weapon (even if the weapon on the ground is nearly as good as my current weapon, I think because the fireball is counting to the stats of my weapon. But it's an ability and not a weapon stat.
The fireball has around 200 points damage, so that's why I think thats the problem.
It's now nearly impossible to compare items with my current weapon. And it's a new bug, because in previous playthoughs, I never had the problem with such upgraded weapons.

It's with gamepad (xbox 360), see picture below (4th post). I have problems to compare items with this bug ("feature".. whatever). Now you have to look EXACTLY at ALL Stats with EVERY item and subtracting the fireball damage every time, whatever damage it does...

Last edited by Bony; 12-07-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:22 AM
Initiate

Sorry, have to post three times to post a link to the picture...
Old 12-07-2017, 01:24 AM
Initiate

this is a really dumb policy (thats my third, now I should be able to post the picture...)
Old 12-07-2017, 01:26 AM
Initiate

Here you are:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...C4C80E187C446/

Nearly same weapon stats but -248 dps.

Last edited by Bony; 12-07-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:14 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bony View Post
this is a really dumb policy (thats my third, now I should be able to post the picture...)
It seems dumb but it keeps new accounts made by spammers from linkdumping. Also, granted abilities like Fireball don't factor into damage calculations, IIRC (though if a component grants a passive I bet that would). I think more likely culprits are the damage added and the conversion granted.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6  
Old 12-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Left Trigger hides the Component from the tooltip/DPS comparison.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Initiate

No it doesn't with an xbox gamepad. ctrl on the keyboard does.
Sorry, but that's not a good decision. I KNOW I have a fireblast, I don't need to be reminded of this on every item. If so, ctrl should SHOW it and not HIDE it. It's just annoying and besides this with an xbox controller there seems to be no way hiding it.
It was good as it was a few months ago. Now it's bad and with xbox gamepad there is no way changing it (at least I think I tried every button). And even IF there WOULD be a button, should I now press this button on every item I see? Why? The info I want is: Is this weapon better than my current weapon without "rune". Because if it is, I can take the rune of my previous item and upgrade the new weapon. Now I have to play with keyboard, press ctrl on every item and then compare. This makes no sense.

This is really sad because it now impacts my gameplay every 20 seconds. Really, really annoying and really a game breaker for me.

The solution is not to count rune-granted ABILITIES towards the stats. Simple as that. Nobody forgets "oh, thank you game, thanks you for reminding me I now have a fireball (which I use every 5 seconds anyway...). Thank you and becaue of that I now have to press ctrl on EVERY item (what's impossible to do if you have a xbox-gamepad).

Last edited by Bony; 12-07-2017 at 06:50 PM.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8  
Old 12-07-2017, 06:39 PM

Try the left Bumper? I may have confused what button is called what on a controller...in any case we can confirm it's working unless maybe you rebound the button on your end.

The component skill is not included in the DPS calculation, only the bonuses from the Component are.

This is how it always worked. Nothing's changed.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Try the left Bumper? I may have confused what button is called what on a controller...in any case we can confirm it's working unless maybe you rebound the button on your end.

The component skill is not included in the DPS calculation, only the bonuses from the Component are.

This is how it always worked. Nothing's changed.
Have you seen the picture?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...C4C80E187C446/

It would be perfect if it would be like you describe it. Yes, it WAS good, but NOW it's bad.
And I really tried to find a button, I pressed every button and tried combinations, it's not working. It's not LB, RB, LT, RT, not select, start, A B X Y, not the Stick buttons, not the cross, nothing. ctrl on the keyboard works.
Ctrl hides the WHOLE component, the stats and the skill. Not pressing ctrl shows the stats bonus AND the skill's dps.

Last edited by Bony; 12-07-2017 at 06:58 PM.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10  
Old 12-07-2017, 06:58 PM

You have the fireblast from the Component assigned to X?

Then of course the DPS comparison is of that skill. The DPS comparison takes LMB/Slot 1 into consideration.