Old 11-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel7254 View Post
If we're to take all of this at face value, then the "non-legit" trading community is so small that bringing them into the fold would have a very negligible impact on the supply of items available for trade.
the problem is that you take this at face value when you really should not... to me the non-legit trade forum is about exchanging items people miss to complete their collection in which each one gets an item they do not have without giving up anything, because they duplicate the items.

So this is not about people with higher drop rates actually exchanging items, which you were talking about.

Also, there are a lot more trades done in game than there are posts on the forums, this is probably by a factor of 100 or more, and I assume that most of these are not of the legit kind of the trade thread (but have only anecdotal evidence). So if you were to bring all of these into one group, legit would be wiped out.

If you want to merge the two threads only, you could, but you still dilute the legit base, you just do not completely wipe it out like you would if you would not distinguish any trades that happen in game (but outside these two threads)
Old 11-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Advocate

Now this is just imho. (and rants a bit).

GD was generally set up to be single player. So multi not only makes the fights more trivial, but also the item search. Yet GD is not a competitive game.

So even though I currently do self-found...I don't really fault anyone for wanting to complete sets or get the good stuff. And here's why:
The simple RNG philosophy of GD is so uninspired when considering how the game was designed:
-> gear has an extreme impact on all the critical threshold values of the combat system: OA/DA/HP/resistances, + mastery skills, introducing new skills/default attacks/procs, etc.
Gear is so important at higher levels that it often overshadows the masteries themselves.

The result is that late game building barely resembles the early game and sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same game.

Purples tend to drop like rain but the frustrating and simple RNG scheme often blocks a sense of reward.

So play the game as you most enjoy it. And own it. I know that I'll eventually mod GD when I get fed up.

My only real irritant with the community is some build guides showcased with max roll purples, very rare double greens and insanely low-odd craft such as +5 BoMs. etc...and there are a lot of these. This is fine if you are showcasing to your buddies but likely frustrates newer players more than it helps them.

To be fair, many of the recent guides trend towards having a suggested stock of reasonable items (which doesn't necessarily mean no-greens - as some purples are also pretty rare). What is rare, however, is to see a build tested with that reasonable item set.

Last edited by hammyhamster1; 11-10-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammyhamster1 View Post
My only real irritant with the community is some build guides showcased with max roll purples, very rare double greens and insanely low-odd craft such as +5 BoMs. etc...and there are a lot of these. This is fine if you are showcasing to your buddies but likely frustrates newer players more than it helps them.

To be fair, many of the recent guides trend towards having a suggested stock of reasonable items (which doesn't necessarily mean no-greens - as some purples are also pretty rare). What is rare, however, is to see a build tested with that reasonable item set.
yeah I would like to see more "budget" and/or "realistic" builds shown in the build compendiums.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlesar View Post
Thank you for actually refuting my argument with logic instead of just calling my post pointless. I appreciate that, and you have a good point.
You're welcome and thank you for acknowledging it. I wonder if the people calling your post pointless see the irony in their replies.