Old 07-31-2017, 06:49 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Nope, gone again. I've excluded Soul's Software and allowed GDDefiler.exe, but the problem keeps happening.

Here's a list of the files that keep causing the problem. They're two different ones each time and F-Secure says they have different viruses.

Application:W32/Generic.858d3c4934!Online
Gen:Variant.MSILPerseus.115606
Trojan.GenericKD.5707128

As for the double toons appearing in the Defiler that's something to do with the expansion at the moment so should sort itself out once the expansion is released. Separate backup files so imported toons can return to the main game if players want.
wow i don't get why this program just suddenly broke. when mine stopped working it did not update or anything so i'm not sure with mine either.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:58 PM
Praetorian

Well, as far as I know mine hasn't updated either. But F-Secure has taken against something in the programme. What I don't understand is that it throws a wobbly when I first fire up my PC in the morning 7-8am, but will let me install the programme without whinging in the evening. If there's a problem with a file or files then it should be there every time and not just sometimes. And I've just installed it again perfectly normally (just before 9pm). It's just plain weird!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Initiate

i use avast so im not sure where to go for that. i also tried reinstalling it and that did not work either so i figure ill just try and contact soul.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:36 AM
Praetorian

Well so far so good. But I now have 2 GDDefiler icons, both of which work to open the programme plus another file of some kind on my desktop. Weird.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Defiler x2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	15094  
Old 08-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Soul, not sure if this will be the case when the expansion is released, but I used a couple of existing toons for playtesting and now the Defiler shows them as double - the lower level they were when they entered the game after installing the Expansion and the second is their current level in the game. Davan hasn't actually entered Act 5, I just converted him from a Demo into a Purifier by adding the Inquisitor mastery.
The expansion is making copies of your old non-expansion characters when you launch them for the first time, nothing to do with the tool.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Praetorian

Yeah, so I said a bit later.

Quote:
As for the double toons appearing in the Defiler that's something to do with the expansion at the moment so should sort itself out once the expansion is released. Separate backup files so imported toons can return to the main game if players want.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Praetorian

Woops sorry, did not read the whole page ^^

By the way do you have trouble with GDdefiler reseting your illusions bank? I kind of do.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanus View Post
i use avast so im not sure where to go for that. i also tried reinstalling it and that did not work either so i figure ill just try and contact soul.
Any luck here? The program is no longer working on my computer either. It was fine until very recently, and now it won't install/load.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:52 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempada View Post
Any luck here? The program is no longer working on my computer either. It was fine until very recently, and now it won't install/load.
Try disabling your antivirus program before installing the update.

Worked for me.
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by invelios View Post
I just downloaded this to make sure I could get it working if I needed it later, which I expect to since I used TQ Defiler all the time. I'm having a problem getting my Grim Dawn character saves to show up. I do have could saving enabled, and I can manually open the player saves just fine, but for some reason my Grim Dawn characters don't show. I looked for a setting somewhere where I could tell it where the folder was, since I have steam on an external hard drive I thought that might be the issue, but I couldn't find any setting like that. Am I missing something? Or can you not set it up to see could saves automatically? I thought you could since there is a "cloud" column.
Hey, does anyone know if this has been fixed? I can currently open and edit characters manually just fine but, since I use cloud saving, GD Defiler will not find my cloud characters automatically. Also, when I attempt to change file path locations, an exception is raised (you can just hit "continue" to move forward) but it doesn't really seem to affect the functionality of the program. I'll post a screenshot when I'm home.

Tags
tools