Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Old 05-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismithers View Post
Yeah its worth saying I used to use local saves too, but the wife and I have picked up a Steam Link and now we play coop downstairs on the TV quite a bit. So it really helps having saves in the cloud since when you move about they follow you. That being said I'm slightly untrusting of it and keep check my characters to make sure they are still intact haha.
I use a cloud service for backing up may saves. It is much more thorough then steam cloud. As all game saves are backed up to it. I currently have it syncing "my documents" where it actually is, "my documents" where some games thinks it is, the user data folder in steam, and whatever other folder i need to sync. so far i haven't noticed any lost save data (my memory sucks, so that could just be me). Which I did notice with one sync app.

I am using mega. As it "seems" to be the most secure and easy to setup and use. I have tried other sync services. None of them were what I was looking for, at the time. There are likely plenty of other siervices that will work. It is even possible to set up you own cloud sync system. From what I have read. Using open source software, and some servers.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:47 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadShorts View Post
I use a cloud service for backing up may saves. It is much more thorough then steam cloud. As all game saves are backed up to it. I currently have it syncing "my documents" where it actually is, "my documents" where some games thinks it is, the user data folder in steam, and whatever other folder i need to sync. so far i haven't noticed any lost save data (my memory sucks, so that could just be me). Which I did notice with one sync app.
Oh I didn't even think of that. I could use my NAS, which has a cloud app on it and all our devices are connected to it. Oh well, if Steam works then cool hehe. I could add some redundancy I guess by backing that up too, but don't want to go too overboard.