Old 05-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Acolyte

Default Are bombs basically useless?

By bombs I mean Grenado and Canister bomb.

Due to their very small radius(which you can't increase) wouldn't maxed Explosive Strike completely replace and surpass their effectiveness and then you would just use Flash Bang which has almost 3 times larger radius, disrupts mobs and severely multiplies the effects of Explosive Strike.

It seems pretty clear to me, but what do you think?
Also haven't used Stun Jacks yet, is it worth it just for stunning mini-bosses?
Old 05-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyten View Post
By bombs I mean Grenado and Canister bomb.

Due to their very small radius(which you can't increase) wouldn't maxed Explosive Strike completely replace and surpass their effectiveness and then you would just use Flash Bang which has almost 3 times larger radius, disrupts mobs and severely multiplies the effects of Explosive Strike.

It seems pretty clear to me, but what do you think?
Also haven't used Stun Jacks yet, is it worth it just for stunning mini-bosses?
zomg... I love Stun Jacks they are really useful especially in large groups. Think of them as crowd control really, they can and do stun mobs that otherwise would be beating on you.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Herald

I found stun jacks really useful, at least early on. You throw out several and they can stun a target each, and I believe they have a tiny aoe radius as well. I find it good for crowds where you can stun 3-4 guys, then kite the rest onto them to stack for AoE.

I don't find the narrow radius on canister and granado to be an issue at all, you just have to line guys up a bit. Especially once you start getting more bomblets for the canister you start being able to clear out entire crowds pretty quick. I find it especially satisfying to use it on minibosses in indoor environments, making the bomblets bounce off the walls and have them all affect the same guy.

My biggest issue with granado and canister so far is that they overlap quite a bit. One has a wider radius and higher energy cost, but I still kinda get the sense that they are interchangable situation wise.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Advocate

I love Canister Bomb. My favorite build for Demolitionist so far is to put points only only in Fire strike trees and Canister tree. I only consider damage for both gears and skills.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Praetorian

The molotov is broken early on. I didn't notice it actually do much later but I never bought into the synergies.

Didn't use any other grenades though.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Initiate

I basically breezed through the game on my first character as a demo with only points into the right click fire attack and grenado and canister bomb. Primarily just kiting and throwing bombs. the cluster bomb effect of canister is ridiculous and I was able to do pretty much everything up until I died from some 3-4 second lag spike thing against an optional boss(some named human demon summoner guy and his friends). Was playing hardcore.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Supporter

My demo uses a grenado and canister bomb build too. The upgraded versions are great, I don't think they're useless at all. You just have to be fairly accurate when throwing them.

Stun jacks are great for crowd control, in my experience.

Last edited by Daemos; 05-28-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Counsel

Did you somehow miss the secondary Canister Bomb explosion that pretty much doubles its range AND provides another hit?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Acolyte

No, but I did notice how 70% of the bomb throwing was a miss.
Maybe if there was a skill that increases bomb throwing speed instead of casting speed.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Emissary

I found grenado to be quite effective, myself. It's my right-click skill on my demo. As mentioned farther up in the the thread, it's just a case of trying to bunch enemies nice and close before using it. It's also great single target damage (for heroes, bosses etc.). I also invested in canister bomb as I could pretty much use that at will to take out several enemies at once. Quite a potent combination

Stun jacks are quite good, IMO. I only threw one point in it for the stun that it gives. I found it very handy to just drop them down and immobilize a few mobs. They were a life-saver on a few occasions.
Closed Thread