Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-20-2018, 08:21 AM
AKDONG AKDONG is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsword View Post
I built my char now using 2-handed ugdenbog spark thrower (or similar named) gun and primal strike. The clearing speed seems to be pretty okay. Which one do you think is better in end game, 1 handed or 2 handed?
I played both of them.

DW Pistol is more Fun and Strong.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-23-2018, 11:13 AM
AKDONG AKDONG is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Default

Update [1.0.5.0], Add Video
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-06-2018, 03:02 PM
khrucible khrucible is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7
Default

I rarely post here, mostly just read and absorb knowledge. But I just wanted to say I tried this build recently and its the only build I've managed to get into Elite and successfully play through the content.

I'm lvl69 at the moment and loving it, so simple to play but so effective.

Question though, I'm still using dual "Aldor's" pistols(I think thats the name) that are blue lvl25 pistols with +fire strike and +artifact handling.

I cannot seem to find anything better, the only pistols I've ever seen with a higher character sheet dps had large amounts of attack speed but otherwise had less desireable stats.

Is it normal that a lvl25 pistol could still be so effective at lvl60+ or is the character sheet/item comparison figures just rubbish? I need guidance on good gear sources for a 60-70 character as alot of my gear is starting to fall behind and I'm desperately trying to maintain resistances at the cost of dps now.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-07-2018, 12:32 PM
tsuelue's Avatar
tsuelue tsuelue is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 709
Default

Awesome build. Leveling a Purifier atm, lvl 75, now letting myself being inspired by this. Aka, I copied most of your build.

Still not sure what "Luxury Skill Effect" is supposed to mean.



Quote:
Originally Posted by khrucible View Post
Question though, I'm still using dual "Aldor's" pistols(I think thats the name) that are blue lvl25 pistols with +fire strike and +artifact handling.

I cannot seem to find anything better, the only pistols I've ever seen with a higher character sheet dps had large amounts of attack speed but otherwise had less desireable stats.

Is it normal that a lvl25 pistol could still be so effective at lvl60+ or is the character sheet/item comparison figures just rubbish? I need guidance on good gear sources for a 60-70 character as alot of my gear is starting to fall behind and I'm desperately trying to maintain resistances at the cost of dps now.
If you bring me the mats, I can craft you 1 or 2 Arcanum Sigillis (lvl 75 legendarys). That should help somewhat.

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Bluep...canum_Sigillis
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-07-2018, 01:31 PM
khrucible khrucible is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuelue View Post
If you bring me the mats, I can craft you 1 or 2 Arcanum Sigillis (lvl 75 legendarys). That should help somewhat.

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Bluep...canum_Sigillis
Thanks mate, but I'm only interested in self found gameplay and I doubt I have the materials anyway as this character is the first I've played beyond 50ish and only have 220hrs played total in GD
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Demophile Demophile is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuelue View Post
Still not sure what "Luxury Skill Effect" is supposed to mean.
Having so many devotions reliably proc from one button is pretty luxurious to me.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-07-2018, 01:41 PM
tsuelue's Avatar
tsuelue tsuelue is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrucible View Post
Thanks mate, but I'm only interested in self found gameplay and I doubt I have the materials anyway as this character is the first I've played beyond 50ish and only have 220hrs played total in GD
Suit yourself. As long as you´re having fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demophile View Post
Having so many devotions reliably proc from one button is pretty luxurious to me.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I totally agree. More fun than the old 2-button Arcane Wizard from WoW.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-16-2018, 11:44 AM
shelion's Avatar
shelion shelion is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 100
Default

Can somenone please clarify sth for me, I am still rather new to the game (just one char, sorc in her late 50s, doing well though). I have a stash full of pistols etc for a futer inquisitor and I wanterd to start one, and this build suits me fine. But I am not sure I get the thing about devotions. Do I NEED to respec the devotion "tree"? Someone wrote sth like this, so I want to know. Can't I just go a certain path and arrive where the author of the post did with his build?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-16-2018, 12:49 PM
Superfluff's Avatar
Superfluff Superfluff is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelion View Post
Can somenone please clarify sth for me, I am still rather new to the game (just one char, sorc in her late 50s, doing well though). I have a stash full of pistols etc for a futer inquisitor and I wanterd to start one, and this build suits me fine. But I am not sure I get the thing about devotions. Do I NEED to respec the devotion "tree"? Someone wrote sth like this, so I want to know. Can't I just go a certain path and arrive where the author of the post did with his build?
You want end game or starter devotion?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-16-2018, 05:58 PM
LotC LotC is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuelue View Post
If you bring me the mats, I can craft you 1 or 2 Arcanum Sigillis (lvl 75 legendarys). That should help somewhat.
Think you might be willing to do that for me?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dw pistol, purifier

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.