Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 02-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsword View Post
I built my char now using 2-handed ugdenbog spark thrower (or similar named) gun and primal strike. The clearing speed seems to be pretty okay. Which one do you think is better in end game, 1 handed or 2 handed?
I played both of them.

DW Pistol is more Fun and Strong.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:13 AM
Acolyte

Update [1.0.5.0], Add Video
Old 03-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Initiate

I rarely post here, mostly just read and absorb knowledge. But I just wanted to say I tried this build recently and its the only build I've managed to get into Elite and successfully play through the content.

I'm lvl69 at the moment and loving it, so simple to play but so effective.

Question though, I'm still using dual "Aldor's" pistols(I think thats the name) that are blue lvl25 pistols with +fire strike and +artifact handling.

I cannot seem to find anything better, the only pistols I've ever seen with a higher character sheet dps had large amounts of attack speed but otherwise had less desireable stats.

Is it normal that a lvl25 pistol could still be so effective at lvl60+ or is the character sheet/item comparison figures just rubbish? I need guidance on good gear sources for a 60-70 character as alot of my gear is starting to fall behind and I'm desperately trying to maintain resistances at the cost of dps now.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Campaigner

Awesome build. Leveling a Purifier atm, lvl 75, now letting myself being inspired by this. Aka, I copied most of your build.

Still not sure what "Luxury Skill Effect" is supposed to mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrucible View Post
Question though, I'm still using dual "Aldor's" pistols(I think thats the name) that are blue lvl25 pistols with +fire strike and +artifact handling.

I cannot seem to find anything better, the only pistols I've ever seen with a higher character sheet dps had large amounts of attack speed but otherwise had less desireable stats.

Is it normal that a lvl25 pistol could still be so effective at lvl60+ or is the character sheet/item comparison figures just rubbish? I need guidance on good gear sources for a 60-70 character as alot of my gear is starting to fall behind and I'm desperately trying to maintain resistances at the cost of dps now.
If you bring me the mats, I can craft you 1 or 2 Arcanum Sigillis (lvl 75 legendarys). That should help somewhat.

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Bluep...canum_Sigillis
Old 03-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuelue View Post
If you bring me the mats, I can craft you 1 or 2 Arcanum Sigillis (lvl 75 legendarys). That should help somewhat.

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Bluep...canum_Sigillis
Thanks mate, but I'm only interested in self found gameplay and I doubt I have the materials anyway as this character is the first I've played beyond 50ish and only have 220hrs played total in GD
Old 03-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Still not sure what "Luxury Skill Effect" is supposed to mean.
Having so many devotions reliably proc from one button is pretty luxurious to me.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrucible View Post
Thanks mate, but I'm only interested in self found gameplay and I doubt I have the materials anyway as this character is the first I've played beyond 50ish and only have 220hrs played total in GD
Suit yourself. As long as you´re having fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demophile View Post
Having so many devotions reliably proc from one button is pretty luxurious to me.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I totally agree. More fun than the old 2-button Arcane Wizard from WoW.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:44 AM
Supporter

Can somenone please clarify sth for me, I am still rather new to the game (just one char, sorc in her late 50s, doing well though). I have a stash full of pistols etc for a futer inquisitor and I wanterd to start one, and this build suits me fine. But I am not sure I get the thing about devotions. Do I NEED to respec the devotion "tree"? Someone wrote sth like this, so I want to know. Can't I just go a certain path and arrive where the author of the post did with his build?
Old 03-16-2018, 12:49 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelion View Post
Can somenone please clarify sth for me, I am still rather new to the game (just one char, sorc in her late 50s, doing well though). I have a stash full of pistols etc for a futer inquisitor and I wanterd to start one, and this build suits me fine. But I am not sure I get the thing about devotions. Do I NEED to respec the devotion "tree"? Someone wrote sth like this, so I want to know. Can't I just go a certain path and arrive where the author of the post did with his build?
You want end game or starter devotion?
Old 03-16-2018, 05:58 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Think you might be willing to do that for me?

Tags
dw pistol, purifier