Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-24-2018, 08:40 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default [Aether Caster] Magelord's Divine Missile - Aether based PRM Mage Hunter

This is basically something similar to what I did in vanilla with Spellbreaker and Dual Decrees. The idea of the build is to increase potency of the skill to the point it doesn't need Devastation. Of course picking Devastation would be a performance boost but our main aim is to not go for it.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXMwl92



Going with MoD is the safer thing to do. You loose like 7-8k DPS by going with MoD

Guide is naturally not formatted and incomplete but the GT link and image should suffice for now. I'll update at a later time
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 01-24-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

fnsaifsamfsmf
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2018, 08:44 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Gfgrehgrehrewrg
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2018, 08:57 PM
Ceno's Avatar
Ceno Ceno is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9,545
Default

Stop taking from my (outdated) list of grimtools builds.


You have an extra point in PRM.

You'll probably want to revist this idea soon(tm).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Stop taking from my (outdated) list of grimtools builds.


You have an extra point in PRM.

You'll probably want to revist this idea soon(tm).
Yeah I must've missed it while switching from the "Safe" setup. I removed it before your post

Huh, not surprised you thought of something like this

And you're right I do plan to visit this at some later point. I am still not satisfied with the build's performance
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2018, 09:13 PM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,204
Default

Doing a similar build but with Decree of Aldritch and Reaper of the Accursed instead of dual wield Mythical Arcanum Sigillis.

Got a Stonehide of Attack Valdaran PRM shoulders. Using a Fateweaver's Rainment but forgot Diviner's Rainment also converts elemental to aether.

I'm using Aura of Conviction instead of Reckless Power because Reckless Power kind of sucks.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.

Last edited by Norzan; 01-24-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2018, 06:29 AM
PrinceXavieR's Avatar
PrinceXavieR PrinceXavieR is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,715
Default

RIP nightblade and my spellbreaker.

Since I am sucker for spamming builds, probably going to try this one too. Have you tried it against bosses, Chthon? The spellbreaker pre-Aom can, I am sure this one can do much better.

I love all the resistance reduction here, should hit harder than an elemental PRM? http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59782 I wonder if the SS includes procs etc.

Sad to see it's not pure aether though. Finally a bit of your Chthonian conscience is affecting you?

I might just need to love this concept since I don't really like holding pistols and not firing from them, looks awkward! but hey great job here!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-25-2018, 08:10 AM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
RIP nightblade and my spellbreaker.

Since I am sucker for spamming builds, probably going to try this one too. Have you tried it against bosses, Chthon? The spellbreaker pre-Aom can, I am sure this one can do much better.

I love all the resistance reduction here, should hit harder than an elemental PRM? http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59782 I wonder if the SS includes procs etc.

Sad to see it's not pure aether though. Finally a bit of your Chthonian conscience is affecting you?

I might just need to love this concept since I don't really like holding pistols and not firing from them, looks awkward! but hey great job here!
Spellbreaker should still be solid but it lacks life steal and relies on short CD of PB.

I wouldn't have posted if I hadn't reached Malmouth. Fabius, Moose and Queen are a confirmed kill
Grava didn't show up (can murder you if he debuffs you).
Against Kuba I noticed that the PRM fragments allow you to hit all 4 Kubas at once . So aim for the right Kuba in the pack
I don't bother going beyond Steelclap in most build tests these days so I won't be meeting Aleks anytime soon as I lack some rep

Lastly, janodal's build cleared Glad 150 at some point so pretty sure his build is solid. If it was pure Elemental it'd have sucked but it ain't. His build is Fire/Lightning PRM so it's solid.
On a side note you can use Farath's Cube for Cold/Lightning PRM + TSS nuker using Eastern/Trozan set using Amatok + Ultos in devotions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Doing a similar build but with Decree of Aldritch and Reaper of the Accursed instead of dual wield Mythical Arcanum Sigillis.

Got a Stonehide of Attack Valdaran PRM shoulders. Using a Fateweaver's Rainment but forgot Diviner's Rainment also converts elemental to aether.

I'm using Aura of Conviction instead of Reckless Power because Reckless Power kind of sucks.
Since i have around 50% WD Reckless Power is the way to go for me. I don't hate Reckless Power but I do understand the mentality of preferring Defensive Auras
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-25-2018, 07:42 PM
InSaNe01 InSaNe01 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 100
Default

Small question: what are those illusions you use for chest and shoulders?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Lokarr's Avatar
Lokarr Lokarr is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSaNe01 View Post
Small question: what are those illusions you use for chest and shoulders?
Coven Wrath Vestments and Coven Wrath Mantle. No need to thank me, mortal.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aether, aether caster, mage hunter, prm

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.