Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 01-24-2018, 08:40 PM
Ascendant

Default [Aether Caster] Magelord's Divine Missile - Aether based PRM Mage Hunter

This is basically something similar to what I did in vanilla with Spellbreaker and Dual Decrees. The idea of the build is to increase potency of the skill to the point it doesn't need Devastation. Of course picking Devastation would be a performance boost but our main aim is to not go for it.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXMwl92

Going with MoD is the safer thing to do. You loose like 7-8k DPS by going with MoD

Guide is naturally not formatted and incomplete but the GT link and image should suffice for now. I'll update at a later time

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 01-24-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Ascendant

fnsaifsamfsmf

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-24-2018, 08:44 PM
Ascendant

Gfgrehgrehrewrg

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-24-2018, 08:57 PM
Praetorian

Stop taking from my (outdated) list of grimtools builds.

You have an extra point in PRM.

You'll probably want to revist this idea soon(tm).
Old 01-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Stop taking from my (outdated) list of grimtools builds.

You have an extra point in PRM.

You'll probably want to revist this idea soon(tm).
Yeah I must've missed it while switching from the "Safe" setup. I removed it before your post

Huh, not surprised you thought of something like this

And you're right I do plan to visit this at some later point. I am still not satisfied with the build's performance

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-24-2018, 09:13 PM
Praetorian

Doing a similar build but with Decree of Aldritch and Reaper of the Accursed instead of dual wield Mythical Arcanum Sigillis.

Got a Stonehide of Attack Valdaran PRM shoulders. Using a Fateweaver's Rainment but forgot Diviner's Rainment also converts elemental to aether.

I'm using Aura of Conviction instead of Reckless Power because Reckless Power kind of sucks.

Last edited by Norzan; 01-24-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:29 AM
Champion

RIP nightblade and my spellbreaker.

Since I am sucker for spamming builds, probably going to try this one too. Have you tried it against bosses, Chthon? The spellbreaker pre-Aom can, I am sure this one can do much better.

I love all the resistance reduction here, should hit harder than an elemental PRM? http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59782 I wonder if the SS includes procs etc.

Sad to see it's not pure aether though. Finally a bit of your Chthonian conscience is affecting you?

I might just need to love this concept since I don't really like holding pistols and not firing from them, looks awkward! but hey great job here!
Old 01-25-2018, 08:10 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
RIP nightblade and my spellbreaker.

Since I am sucker for spamming builds, probably going to try this one too. Have you tried it against bosses, Chthon? The spellbreaker pre-Aom can, I am sure this one can do much better.

I love all the resistance reduction here, should hit harder than an elemental PRM? http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59782 I wonder if the SS includes procs etc.

Sad to see it's not pure aether though. Finally a bit of your Chthonian conscience is affecting you?

I might just need to love this concept since I don't really like holding pistols and not firing from them, looks awkward! but hey great job here!
Spellbreaker should still be solid but it lacks life steal and relies on short CD of PB.

I wouldn't have posted if I hadn't reached Malmouth. Fabius, Moose and Queen are a confirmed kill
Grava didn't show up (can murder you if he debuffs you).
Against Kuba I noticed that the PRM fragments allow you to hit all 4 Kubas at once . So aim for the right Kuba in the pack
I don't bother going beyond Steelclap in most build tests these days so I won't be meeting Aleks anytime soon as I lack some rep

Lastly, janodal's build cleared Glad 150 at some point so pretty sure his build is solid. If it was pure Elemental it'd have sucked but it ain't. His build is Fire/Lightning PRM so it's solid.
On a side note you can use Farath's Cube for Cold/Lightning PRM + TSS nuker using Eastern/Trozan set using Amatok + Ultos in devotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Doing a similar build but with Decree of Aldritch and Reaper of the Accursed instead of dual wield Mythical Arcanum Sigillis.

Got a Stonehide of Attack Valdaran PRM shoulders. Using a Fateweaver's Rainment but forgot Diviner's Rainment also converts elemental to aether.

I'm using Aura of Conviction instead of Reckless Power because Reckless Power kind of sucks.
Since i have around 50% WD Reckless Power is the way to go for me. I don't hate Reckless Power but I do understand the mentality of preferring Defensive Auras

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-25-2018, 07:42 PM
Supporter

Small question: what are those illusions you use for chest and shoulders?
Old 01-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSaNe01 View Post
Small question: what are those illusions you use for chest and shoulders?
Coven Wrath Vestments and Coven Wrath Mantle. No need to thank me, mortal.

Tags
aether, aether caster, mage hunter, prm