Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Old 01-20-2018, 06:41 AM
Initiate

Default lvl 80 and can't find gear and can't get conflagration relic drop..

Why the hell are most if not all builds in this game all locked due to RNG ??? I have played 2 charactors now and deleted one from frustration already ...

There are dam relics and items in this game that require multiple super rare plans and items to drop to craft a crap rolled POS... what the helllllllllll ??? I would not have spent any money on this dam game if I knew it was this retarted..
Old 01-20-2018, 07:03 AM
Emissary

You bought an ARPG. Now you're mad because you can't find gear. Wow.

First of all, ARPGs are grindy games.
Second of all, there are not many rare items or recipes.

And you're wrong, items drop fairly. I, on my level 76 Trickster, have a gear that is not tier one, but is good enough to play with it. Recipes are hard to craft for the first ~two characters. When I played the game without any add-ons (just clean GD), I was level 85 and still had fairly good gear. Rare items (epic, legendary) drop like raindrops in Ultimate. You play for few hours, kill some bosses and you get at least one full gear that is either decent or very strong.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:37 AM
Praetorian

You can buy any T2 relic blueprint by checking MI shop at Steelcap district.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:26 AM
Counsel

Id suggest to keep trying man...All ARPG's are like that and i understand your rant about it.
Especially you are in a hurry to complete a build it drives you crazy...
I recall when i stared playing ARPG's this was the biggest issue and i still love em tho.
But as ppl said that's the formula of these games and we love it in the end

Grind Grind Grind
Old 01-21-2018, 03:49 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
You can buy any T2 relic blueprint by checking MI shop at Steelcap district.
MI shop??? what ??? Anyways I will play around and explore the Steelcap district. I get one shotted in elite mode still and it takes a long time to kill HEROES in Elite mode.. Is MI shop available in normal / veteran??
Old 01-21-2018, 07:39 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesundara View Post
MI shop??? what ??? Anyways I will play around and explore the Steelcap district. I get one shotted in elite mode still and it takes a long time to kill HEROES in Elite mode.. Is MI shop available in normal / veteran??
Yes, it is. There's nothing to explore though - the NPC is called Hyram, he's standing in steelcap resistance base after you resque him from steelcap district along with other npcs. Start game -> check shop -> exit to main screen -> repeat.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:59 AM
Initiate

Default Thank you.. Thank you !!! I can finally make Ulzuin Pyroclasm Relic.

Trying to play Commando with Gunslinger or Sharpshooter build. This relic will at least let me get started. I can finally just play the game and hope and wait and wait and wait for the gears to drop. Only have a belts and jacket so far.. but it's a start.

Big help !!! thanks.....
Old 03-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Speaker

On the other hand, Murphy's law loves to drop items useful for another kind of char. Like let's say a vitality caster. When I had trouble getting a Mistborn talisman blueprint for a Savage relic, I ran with my BWC sorc, then my bloody pox warlock (currently awaiting to become AAR or Panetti or doombolt warlock) through Smuggler's Pass. Easy enough, there was the blueprint, and both of those characters had nice stuff passed down using the transfer stash.

Similarly, when my sorceress was in Darkvale Keep, a Black Grimoire of Og'Napesh dropped. My conjurer still uses it 35 levels later.

Bottom point is, leapfrog across characters. This isn't your "Single pass full clear" Diablo 1 or Diablo 2. Gear is everything, especially for melee. Faction stuff can help some, but you'll have to cough up your stuff somehow.