Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Lunaire's Avatar
Lunaire Lunaire is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Default

There's absolutely no way you could know if I farmed with another character and just speed-leveled the one I'd use, thus having low played time but the gear needed and yes, you can edit your way to winning.

There is no way this will work, you cannot police every single thing needed for it to. The idea in theory works, but cannot be executed.
__________________
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz | ASUS ROG STRIX x99 Gaming | G.SKILL 128 GB DDR4-3200 | Nvidia GeForce Titan X Pascal | Custom Cooling
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:17 PM
ZRaiyne ZRaiyne is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaire View Post
There's absolutely no way you could know if I farmed with another character and just speed-leveled the one I'd use, thus having low played time but the gear needed and yes, you can edit your way to winning.

There is no way this will work, you cannot police every single thing needed for it to. The idea in theory works, but cannot be executed.
The speed of leveling and farming is not the problem. I could care less even if you botted your way. In the end, the gears you farm will still be accessible to me if i'd invested my time. Which i and many others have already.

Why even go through all that effort to hide the character you farmed with? There is no reward in this to merit what you're going to do. But if that's the case then just show the character you leveled/farmed with. Easy. If you're going to go through all that effort just to make up some lame excuse (or cheat). Then you're simply out, and will be banned from future tournaments. Simple. This is not a charitable institution you know.

Let's make it simple,
1. Judge will check gear before, DURING, and after EACH match.
2. Break time 5 minute each match. You free change gears.
3. Judge will inspect and record your gears in video.
4. Judge will inspect and record the match in video.
5. People will see video. People will also judge video.
6. If people doubt you, judge will investigate.
7. If you are cheater, judge will ban you. Post your steam name in "public" di^ck list. Forever.

Next is character transparency.
I have 6 characters as of the moment. 87, 68, 61, 39, 25, and 12. All with complete records in the stats page tab III. I farm with the first 3. That wasn't too hard to say now was it? Nothing to hide that will make things complicated.

Yes, i can police it enough to find credible players that will be in this for the LONG TERM. Why? because i have all the time in the world.
__________________
Solar Panels | Several Antminer S9's | 12 pcs of GTX 1070 Super Jetstream Overclocked | 2 pcs Corsair HX1400 Platinum PSU's | 12 TB Storage

Last edited by ZRaiyne; 11-02-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Xervous Xervous is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 270
Default

Rock paper scissors, I mean nullify shadow strike mirror.

When you're playing a game where - even with the pvp damage adjustments in place - oneshots are still hysterically easy to manage you have <10 second matches that are determined by who clicked what when. If you have a 3s invuln that's plenty of time to kill someone and arcanist just happens to give you nullify to purge any defensive measures they chose to make use of. The meta devolves to shadowstriking spellbreakers

SS into mirror? you die
nullify mirror? you win
SS before they mirror / they nullified for some reason? you win

Blitz battlemage would also be a thing but then you're losing out on blade barrier, eh
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Weyu's Avatar
Weyu Weyu is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRaiyne View Post
The speed of leveling and farming is not the problem. I could care less even if you botted your way. In the end, the gears you farm will still be accessible to me if i'd invested my time. Which i and many others have already.

Why even go through all that effort to hide the character you farmed with? There is no reward in this to merit what you're going to do. But if that's the case then just show the character you leveled/farmed with. Easy. If you're going to go through all that effort just to make up some lame excuse (or cheat). Then you're simply out, and will be banned from future tournaments. Simple. This is not a charitable institution you know.

Let's make it simple,
1. Judge will check gear before, DURING, and after EACH match.
2. Break time 5 minute each match. You free change gears.
3. Judge will inspect and record your gears in video.
4. Judge will inspect and record the match in video.
5. People will see video. People will also judge video.
6. If people doubt you, judge will investigate.
7. If you are cheater, judge will ban you. Post your steam name in "public" di^ck list. Forever.

Next is character transparency.
I have 6 characters as of the moment. 87, 68, 61, 39, 25, and 12. All with complete records in the stats page tab III. I farm with the first 3. That wasn't too hard to say now was it? Nothing to hide that will make things complicated.

Yes, i can police it enough to find credible players that will be in this for the LONG TERM. Why? because i have all the time in the world.
Sorry but pretty much no one cares about PvP in this game, let alone to the degree you do.
You may want to set this up but using words like "police," "inspection" and "judge" doesn't exactly sound inviting to random strangers.
__________________
"They were completely unbalanced—in all the best ways!"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:09 PM
ZRaiyne ZRaiyne is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xervous View Post
Rock paper scissors, I mean nullify shadow strike mirror.

When you're playing a game where - even with the pvp damage adjustments in place - oneshots are still hysterically easy to manage you have <10 second matches that are determined by who clicked what when. If you have a 3s invuln that's plenty of time to kill someone and arcanist just happens to give you nullify to purge any defensive measures they chose to make use of. The meta devolves to shadowstriking spellbreakers

SS into mirror? you die
nullify mirror? you win
SS before they mirror / they nullified for some reason? you win

Blitz battlemage would also be a thing but then you're losing out on blade barrier, eh
Same Diablo 3 issue i kept on hearing before. It should not work that way. SS build is a clearcut DPS build. You cant DPS in PVP. PVP is not the same as PVE.

If anyone here has an SS build which is around level 86 or a 100 that can drop down to TCL 64, then im willing to try this out.
__________________
Solar Panels | Several Antminer S9's | 12 pcs of GTX 1070 Super Jetstream Overclocked | 2 pcs Corsair HX1400 Platinum PSU's | 12 TB Storage

Last edited by ZRaiyne; 11-02-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:12 PM
ZRaiyne ZRaiyne is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyu View Post
Sorry but pretty much no one cares about PvP in this game, let alone to the degree you do.
You may want to set this up but using words like "police," "inspection" and "judge" doesn't exactly sound inviting to random strangers.
I don't need to play with "random" strangers. Have you read the thread yet?

You want to join the tournament? Then get listed here first.
Want to avoid cheaters? There are mechanics for proper inspections and judging.
Random "no-ones" who do not follow the tournament rules are not allowed to join.

I'm building a community, not some random garbage dump with shady "defensive" players.
__________________
Solar Panels | Several Antminer S9's | 12 pcs of GTX 1070 Super Jetstream Overclocked | 2 pcs Corsair HX1400 Platinum PSU's | 12 TB Storage

Last edited by ZRaiyne; 11-02-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Weyu's Avatar
Weyu Weyu is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 745
Default

Whatever floats your boat mang. Just telling you what this thread looks like from a random no one's PoV.
No need to reply to this by the way, this is my last post in this thread as I don't want to derail nor start an argument I have no interest in.
__________________
"They were completely unbalanced—in all the best ways!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Lunaire's Avatar
Lunaire Lunaire is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Default

All you're doing is making up seemingly arbitrary rules when someone tells you why this isn't going to work. No one's going to jump through hoops to join a tournament that won't get off the ground. It's an idea that only works in theory.

Diablo 3's PvP is non-existing, so I don't know why you're bringing that up, lol.
__________________
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz | ASUS ROG STRIX x99 Gaming | G.SKILL 128 GB DDR4-3200 | Nvidia GeForce Titan X Pascal | Custom Cooling
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:46 PM
ZRaiyne ZRaiyne is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaire View Post
All you're doing is making up seemingly arbitrary rules when someone tells you why this isn't going to work. No one's going to jump through hoops to join a tournament that won't get off the ground. It's an idea that only works in theory.

Diablo 3's PvP is non-existing, so I don't know why you're bringing that up, lol.
That's a... shady reply. You have something to hide? If you can't follow, don't join simple as that. Unfortunately for you, i already have a few players at hand and we'll be doing testing next week.

As for Diablo 3, you have no idea what you're talking about. There was a small but active community. Random players didn't have a chance at winning though as they went in guns blazing with their best "PVE" gears. All of those are still in recording btw. Good times.
__________________
Solar Panels | Several Antminer S9's | 12 pcs of GTX 1070 Super Jetstream Overclocked | 2 pcs Corsair HX1400 Platinum PSU's | 12 TB Storage

Last edited by ZRaiyne; 11-02-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Lunaire's Avatar
Lunaire Lunaire is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Default

I have nothing to "hide"; PvP doesn't belong in ARPGs imo. It's great you have a "handful", but a "handful" won't get the idea off the ground. So unfortunately for you, it won't go anywhere because your tournament idea is something that only functions as a theory.

Diablo 3's PvP was and is non-existent, btw.
__________________
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz | ASUS ROG STRIX x99 Gaming | G.SKILL 128 GB DDR4-3200 | Nvidia GeForce Titan X Pascal | Custom Cooling
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
community, pvp

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.