Old 08-25-2018, 09:41 PM
Banned User

So some time ago MWO got timeline-jogged to FedCom Civil War era replete with lots of new tech. About a couple months ago I figured "what the hell, why not" and got back into it for a giant robot fix.

Most of the game's old issues still prevail (balancing, bugs/crashes, slipshod work on a lot of the visual stuff), but the new tech has made it at least kind of interesting. It's probably too late to actually do anything for their player numbers, but whatever.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:20 AM
Acolyte

Path of Exile, Civilization series (2, 4, 5), Torchlight 2, Age of Empires series (1, 2, 3), Defense of the Ancients, Strife (moba), Dawngate (not anymore thanks to EA), Hellgate (not anymore thanks to EA), Soul of Ultimate Nation (for few months), Mu Global/Legend (find Path of Exile and Grim Dawn better though), Warcraft 3 (from where came Defense of the Ancients 1 and 2, also has lots of other custom maps, a pity i regret don't have cd anymore for Warcraft 3), Dungeon Defenders 2 (few hours), Warframe (nice fps/mmo/grind game, not so good to download too much into disk), Wakfu (nice idea to player being that much decisive on environment, really bad execution), Trove (nice minecraft-like game, quite underated by me after stopped playing due to not running it on ubuntu OS), and more...
Old 09-05-2018, 12:50 AM
Emissary

"Tried" out Elex again, and lo, it works on my under minimum spec hardware and still looks good. Mainly because it's the same engine that they used for the Risen games.

Which means it's still got a janky 3rd person camera, because of fluffing course it has to.

Gameplay wise - it's actually more janky than Risen, which suggests to me it was a bit rushed, and maining ranged weapons isn't a good idea as you don't have location based damage. Which is a pain. And of course, the game doesn't suggest you get a shield, which makes melee a lot more easy. And bugs, as otherwise it wouldn't be a Piranha Bites game otherwise. Like picking up a key to chest, only to have the key disappear from my inventory...

Oh and the game world, while larger than that of Risen 1, ultimately feels not quite as detailed, as there's not as much stuff hidden in the world. Where as in Risen 1, usually in the hidden corners of the world you'd find lots of stuff, if not whole hidden underground zones.

Biggest thing though - they should have borrowed some gameplay stuff from Fallout: New Vegas, like locational damage, long ranges for ranged weapons. No use of attributes for gear, rather you improve your ability to hit and hit harder as you increase attributes and skills. Along with much, much better writing, as decent writers are cheap people and add huge amounts of value to a game's world and central story. Helping particularly carry players through shoddy gameplay or bugs.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Supporter

And finished Witcher 1! Was a really fun ride. I enjoyed most of it. Even though combat took a while to get used to. And the graphics are outdated. But the atmosphere was superb. There was a lot of soul put in this game. So many references, so many characters from the books.

I will def replay it at some point. There were quite a few things I missed. Need to do them properly. But right now I am going to dive into Witcher 2
Old 09-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Praetorian

I reinstalled D3 and noticed a wardrobe in every town that stores weird cosmetics. I got starcraft battlecruiser upon starting a game as a pet. That goes well with diablo mythos was my first thought. How such dumb idea ended in diablo game is anybody’s guess.

Somehow I enjoyed this at the release and more after they removed AH and introduced rifts, but now with all this..PG12 and below stuff, it would be best that D3 and current Blizzard staff buried itself without an identifying headstone.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:45 AM
Praetorian

Currently Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition as my main game. On the side got Monster Hunter World. When short on time I just play a few matches of PES 2019.

Later this month I'll be getting Pathfinder so I want DOS2E to be finished by then. In November I'll be playing Darksiders 3. After that start (finally) on Zelda Breath of the Wild. There won't be any other interesting release this year any more. Everything moved to 2019. Meaning plenty of time to finally sort out Zelda.

Was thinking about getting DragonQuest 11 and/or the latest Tomb Raider, but will hold onto that with a discount.

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix

Last edited by Gibly; 09-13-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Praetorian

Whenever someone mentions Pathfinder, I can't help to replace two letters and end up with old Pastfinder from Atari 800. So many joysticks broken thanks to that game.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 AM
Lord Advocate

Just finished Dragon Quest 11.
Bought Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark yesterday (so I'll mess around with this for a few days)

Then I'll be playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Will probably buy Cross Code also
Old 10-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Emissary

Got the itch to play Vandal Hearts, so went looking for my stash of old PSX iso's only to realise that was what was probably on a certain dead hard drive I presently use as a drink coaster in the vain home I'll one day replace the logic board...

So cue fluffing around with emulators, digging out the old disks and wondering just wtf I had to do to get things working.

And then I was up until 3am... Because while the story's utterly banal etc, the gameplay loop is fun.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Praetorian

Replaying Kingpin - Life of Crime...

Works nicely with hi-res patch.
Gangsta quake pulp fiction. The meat is flying.

Next will be probably Soldier of Fortune. I like good old FPS games, brief and to the point.