Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 07-18-2017, 04:59 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
Do people really have these fears? I'm unsure why a guy who can create items would bother with trading.
Some people yes, i don't. As i said, i frequently use GDSidekick myself. However there are some people who just hate everything about cheating, modding or using utilities and would rather not take the chance of getting the unlegit items

In fact, about a year ago,i told a guy i could grab an item out of GDSidekick for him and he just straight up said "no, you are a cheater" then left the game I have more examples but im still trying to wake up
Old 07-18-2017, 08:13 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwtchhntr View Post
Nothing kills my interest in a game, of any kind, faster than a cheater.
Sort of nit picking, but can I please point out that there's NO cheating in GD.... The game is made to be fully moddable...yes that includes chars and stats.

If you want to only play with players that are using unmodded chars and or games that's completely fine.... host your own MP games and kick anyone that doesn't match what you're looking for and enjoy

But please stop insulting everyone that mods a game or a char by labelling them a cheater. They aren't cheating they are playing the game in ONE of the ways that Crate made the game to be played
Old 07-18-2017, 10:46 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnge View Post
On the note of GDSidekick, it literally takes 30 seconds to find the items you need and copy/ paste things. Way faster than trading. When i need end game items around lvl80+ and if after some farming if i don't find any of them, i reward myself with one item i need.
I won't lie, ive played the first chapter so much and I have so many low level epics I have considered level editing a few to level 20. Its awful i can't just swap out items. That low level stormcaller set cannot come off the character see. That's who she is, and will be until she gets an empowered version. Same for the guardsman and the miasma mage. Non set pieces are grouped into a theme and are waiting on characters. It's a sickness, and ill probably have to cheat to keep up.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:56 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaknet View Post
Sort of nit picking, but can I please point out that there's NO cheating in GD.... The game is made to be fully moddable...yes that includes chars and stats.

If you want to only play with players that are using unmodded chars and or games that's completely fine.... host your own MP games and kick anyone that doesn't match what you're looking for and enjoy

But please stop insulting everyone that mods a game or a char by labelling them a cheater. They aren't cheating they are playing the game in ONE of the ways that Crate made the game to be played
Cheater cheater pumpkin eater. Relax, im not judging, i just think games are built on rules. Not quite so bad since the multiplayer from what I know is built on co-op. Modding up is more like starting monopoly with everyone having double money several properties. But if somehow you were to pick out all the best no-level rare gear and make a run on the warden at less than level 11 for the achievement...that would just be un-fun in my book, and i wouldn't want to play UNO with you.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:40 AM
Emissary

This thread got derailed fast. I agree with OP's idea. I know I've collected a lot of items spread through different characters. It's definitely a good idea to be able to see my character's inventory and stash on the main screen without having to load each character individually to see what each is carrying.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_King View Post
This thread got derailed fast. I agree with OP's idea. I know I've collected a lot of items spread through different characters. It's definitely a good idea to be able to see my character's inventory and stash on the main screen without having to load each character individually to see what each is carrying.
Thanks for putting it back on track

I don't know how complicated it would be to implement inventory management from the main menu, but, for now, I'd be happy even with viewing the inventories.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_King View Post
That is not so uncommon here. But i actually agree as well, I was just looking for some way to understand the decision to have it as it is rather than wish it was different. But if we are to have access to all stashes from the main screen with the ability to trade between them, wouldn't it make sense to just have a single, large shared stash?