Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 12-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Initiate

How does this build fare against nemesis and superbosses such as Mog and Lokaar?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
How does this build fare against nemesis and superbosses such as Mog and Lokaar?
Nemesis are all doable, didn't tried it against MoG or Lokaar.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Initiate

Greetings,

Nice build out there. One question ; I read the discussion, but couldn't find an answer. You state that WPS (chilling and storm) end up as a loss of DPS. Are they really that inferior to a "normal" hit ? As they fire several projectiles and can have some nice effects, would putting 1 point in each really hurt the final result ?

Thanks in advance, good evening.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Greetings,

Nice build out there. One question ; I read the discussion, but couldn't find an answer. You state that WPS (chilling and storm) end up as a loss of DPS. Are they really that inferior to a "normal" hit ? As they fire several projectiles and can have some nice effects, would putting 1 point in each really hurt the final result ?

Thanks in advance, good evening.
Hi, and thx

Single target dmg vise they are DPS lost in this case and by now Im sure of it.
But its not so significant and you can if you like invest some points in them but every point you put in there is a somewhat wasted cuz you can use it on something else that would be more useful.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
Hi, and thx

Single target dmg vise they are DPS lost in this case and by now Im sure of it.
But its not so significant and you can if you like invest some points in them but every point you put in there is a somewhat wasted cuz you can use it on something else that would be more useful.
Is the reason they are a loss, is they prolong the time between Cadence strikes, which is the most significant portion of your damage?
Old 12-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander View Post
Is the reason they are a loss, is they prolong the time between Cadence strikes, which is the most significant portion of your damage?
No, cadence overrides any wps. They are dmg lost because of their respective % weapon dmg component which is low. To up it to some significant value you need to invest nice chunk of points in them and, like I wrote, those points are more useful elsewhere.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:26 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
No, cadence overrides any wps. They are dmg lost because of their respective % weapon dmg component which is low. To up it to some significant value you need to invest nice chunk of points in them and, like I wrote, those points are more useful elsewhere.
I asked because it didn't seem to be fully explained. I thought there may be more too it than just a priority thing. I do agree that boosting the non-cadence damage is not all that useful, since it's maybe 1/5 of your damage at best.

Last edited by bystander; 12-11-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Initiate

Alright, thanks. Shame for the DPS loss, those inquisitor's WPS are really fun to use. Welp, that will be the purifier's job, I guess.

Got the toon to level 94. Stuff is here (except for MI's, I have random green boots instead and Arcane Legging for a bit of res, DA and skill disruption). I'm just missing some Ugdenbog leathers to complete it (can't find the blueprint). I'm still seriously lacking resistances without it, unfortunately. So far the character is perfect for the campaign, it just needs more polishing before I can get my hands on gladiator crucible and Lokarr.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM
Initiate

Was this build hit hard by the nerfs to inquisitor seal and bursting round in 1.0.4.0?
Old 12-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythius View Post
Was this build hit hard by the nerfs to inquisitor seal and bursting round in 1.0.4.0?
Tbh I didn't tried it yet, so cant be 100% sure, tho I dont think it is.

Tags
cadence, dualvielding, guns, gunslinger, tactician