Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaShiv View Post
I'm a little surprised by the reaction to the MQ video. Most decent endgame pet builds are capable of killing MQ in less than 10s, so this build actually isn't very unusual in that area. For those who haven't played a serious pet build yet, think of them as a more extreme version of DW BM or an SS build:
Nothing surprising

It was well known that End-Game Pet builds are capable of killing anything with little to no time (save for maybe the Sentinel) while being completely safe from any damage to the summoner
I expected kill times to be 15-20s to be honest, not 6 seconds though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekkuli View Post
Don't know if this really requires nerf..while it's strong at killing single targets, it struggles at fast clearing and doesn't have any movement skill to skip mobs like SS or blitz. That being said, damage isn't everything afterall
Not how nerfs work i think
Movement skills aren't everything, why would a pet build even need one is beyond me

The build has survivability and excels in Crucible and Vanilla kill times are impressive as well. In the past builds that were good at only one of the two (not both) got nerfed. So you can use your imagination on this one

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 04-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Campaigner

Great job making this build. I made something very similar a while ago, but using the Hellhound and Swarmlings combined with Raise the Dead - it was powerful at delivering lots of Fire Damage and Crits via the pets, but your build takes the cake!

Last edited by RxJunkie; 04-06-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Looking at the build and spreadsheets, Swarmlings are sure to get nerfed. Just like the conjurer summoner made by chinese community, which was lightning damage basted, swarmlings seem to do the majority of the work.

Bysmiel relic could use a buff
Swarmlings are far from being a magic bullet. They have far, far less health than other pets, and they're likely to die to a single AOE attack. All nemeses (including Fabius and Iron Maiden) have AOE or shotgun attacks that can easily wipe out all your swarmlings, and so do most endgame bosses like Mogdrogen and Aldritch. This is why I mentioned to Chthon earlier that I'd probably need to take a build with sturdier pets against Mogdrogen, rather than a swarmling-based build.

Bysmiel relic is actually pretty good for a hybrid - especially a melee hybrid - due to the huge physical resistance. The main drawback IMO is that it has terrible uptime for a proc that requires being hit, which is already a weakness for pet builds. It would be nice to spawn some temporary pets when hit as well, which would already be far less frequent than the swarmling spawn rate.

Understanding Pet Damage: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=499409
Necromancer Abilities for Pet Builds: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=574133
Pet Devotions for AoM: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=574136
Old 04-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Herald

First your aether thing, now this... What next? Will we suddenly find that Witching Hour isn't as bad as we all thought?

Seriously, props for making Hybrid builds not suck, because it seems nobody else could/would pull it off. Duly impressive.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Speaker

Dude this is impressive!!! And thank you for the detailed guide, learned a lot from that!
Old 04-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Supporter

Nice variation on the concept (less flat damage and damage sources, much more RR), but at this point I'd say it's more of a pet build, but a quite active one and that activity gives results!
Old 04-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
First your aether thing, now this... What next? Will we suddenly find that Witching Hour isn't as bad as we all thought?
Actually Safarel already has a Witching Hour Hybrid

But he doesn't post

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Acolyte

Smile

Big thank´s for your very good and detailed guide and the spreadsheet

» http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11943
Old 04-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Actually Safarel already has a Witching Hour Hybrid

But he doesn't post
Pics or it isn't real? XD
Old 04-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Campaigner

Good god man, you basically just put everything hybrid summoner players have been saying into numbers and figures.

And yes, this build works beautifully because you don't go the normal "max mastery pet and stick a devotion in there"-route, but in the complete opposite direction by distributing those skill points into party-wide buffs/debuffs.

The irony here is that you STILL end up with what is essentially a pure summoner anyway, heh.

You can conceivably tweak those numbers around though so you end up with a true hybrid build (like more points into Thermite Mines and such) but I suppose that's better off left as a possibility in the expansion. Unless you go melee, and then you'll probably end up doing some kind of Dying God-Tree of Life combo to make up for the survivability issues, and that's probably a different kind of build altogether.

Anyway, well done!

Last edited by Tyr; 04-06-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Tags
dracarris, pet build, pets, pyromancer, summoner