Old 10-19-2018, 05:42 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Yes, and that's a worry for me. We did have a discussion about it a lttle while ago.

http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77216
For me the experience is not that great of a concern as i like to run multiple toons so fast leveling benefit me but i was thinking if they add omega into the mix(they have to get permission first thought)You get late game content.

Omega has omega levels much like Diablo 3 paragon levels which would make the higher levels/Difficulties worth it
Old 10-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Acolyte

so haven't played in ages, loved playing mods, is there a class guide somewhere I can check out to see what kinda classes I want to mix?
Old 10-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrdynn View Post
so haven't played in ages, loved playing mods, is there a class guide somewhere I can check out to see what kinda classes I want to mix?
There are no guides available.
Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM
Acolyte

ok so quick question, I just did Demon Hunter, haven't played in ages

took elemental strike as my main attack, it does fire

now I added Ballistics 4/12 currently which says 21 pierce along with some other stuff

is that adding 21 pierce to my elemental strike? or should I only be adding stuff that adds fire

same with equipment, I found something that adds +8 aether, but I don't attack with it, is it adding more damage? I assume that when it says like +7% fire that only works with fire

thanks I'll hang up and listen
Old Yesterday, 06:10 AM
Acolyte

also is it possible to use one of these builds in the crucible or is that basic game only?
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
Advocate

Quote:
ok so quick question, I just did Demon Hunter, haven't played in ages

took elemental strike as my main attack, it does fire

now I added Ballistics 4/12 currently which says 21 pierce along with some other stuff

is that adding 21 pierce to my elemental strike? or should I only be adding stuff that adds fire

same with equipment, I found something that adds +8 aether, but I don't attack with it, is it adding more damage? I assume that when it says like +7% fire that only works with fire

thanks I'll hang up and listen
this flat damage is added to any skill that deals "% weapon damage"
Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
is it adding more damage?
Hover over damage stat, it'll all be in the tooltip.
And study thoroughly all the stats and tooltips through all three pages.
90% of all answers on mechanics are there.
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM
Counsel

The first two sections of my guide are fully complete, with more coming on the way

ASYLUM, is there an easy way for me to find the base damage of pet skills like they have it in Grimtools for the vanilla classes? I'd like to post the base damage of each skill at 16/16 and 26/16 so players can compare the new classes with the vanilla classes. The least onerous way to do it would to make a blank level 100 character with no bonuses and full number of skills so I can manually give points to each skill and see how the base damage compares.

Player-scaled pets are more difficult because you have to take into account Spirit + Cunning bonuses, but pet builds shouldn't have anything that complicates it as long as you have 0% pet bonuses and no passive skills activated.
NOTE: All builds that I post are directly created with GDStash (all valid prefix/suffix combos) for the purpose of testing and demonstrating what is possible. I used to have a legit character used for trading before the expansion, but I have not used him since AoM was released.

Open to any PMs from those interested in playing pet builds.

Currently playing: Grimarillion (first legit, then TAS)
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
ASYLUM, is there an easy way for me to find the base damage of pet skills like they have it in Grimtools for the vanilla classes? I'd like to post the base damage of each skill at 16/16 and 26/16 so players can compare the new classes with the vanilla classes. The least onerous way to do it would to make a blank level 100 character with no bonuses and full number of skills so I can manually give points to each skill and see how the base damage compares.
you can either look them up in the .dbr entries (if you have done something like that before it is not that hard) or use a tool to give a new char e.g. 500 skill points and then just invest them, as you mentioned, no need for a level 100 char - you do have to set your level to 1 or 10 as well, so you can select one or two masteries

Last edited by mamba; Yesterday at 04:24 PM.
Old Today, 01:08 AM
Praetorian

You can also use the console to give yourself skill points at level 1. Not quite base values but without having access to the extracted dbrs there's really not many options.