Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

View Poll Results: Choose One
Main Game 51 69.86%
Crucible 5 6.85%
Both Depending On the Circumstances 17 23.29%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2018, 07:29 PM
Champion

At this point I don't see the point in farming, I have less than 5% of stuff left to find, it's kind of boring now. I sometimes do some nemesis runs to get those last few blueprints but that's even more boring and I honestly get more blueprints by playing new characters and having them drop from one shot chests (seriously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
More like 500 runs for a good rolled one. I still don't understend WHY droprate for such items must be so retarded >_>
This so much, I have given up on ever finding most of those, although I did get like 5 soulrends in my pointless quest to get a purple ring set (which I of course did not complete yet).
Old 10-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Speaker

I'm surprised the vote went in favour of the MC by such a large margin. I prefer MC because it's more relaxed; I usually find myself with a headache if I do crucible sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
At this point I don't see the point in farming, I have less than 5% of stuff left to find, it's kind of boring now. I sometimes do some nemesis runs to get those last few blueprints but that's even more boring and I honestly get more blueprints by playing new characters and having them drop from one shot chests (seriously).

This so much, I have given up on ever finding most of those, although I did get like 5 soulrends in my pointless quest to get a purple ring set (which I of course did not complete yet).
I'll never bother to farm even one let alone one with a good roll. PV is too long and causes lag so I just skip it entirely as it doesn't offer anything I'd like that can't be gotten elsewhere. I guess FG will change this though with the roguelike set pieces that are unique drops from each dungeon. I'm not overly keen on this feature that will force me to visit that area.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:46 AM
Acolyte

I did farm the Crucible for a while because I wanted to find certain Blueprints. The gameplay is quite boring though and it felt like work at some point, so I stopped doing it and started to focus on Farming in Main Campaign. That's actually fun.

I usually go on the hunt for certain MIs, for example Viloths Ring or Vine Rings with nice rolls. I usually find heroes to kill on the way, so it's basically Legendary farming, too.

Other than that I hunt for certain Nemesis bosses to get their MIs and maybe a new Blueprint on a daily basis, specially Zantarin and Kuba. And while I'm at it I occasionally visit Fabius, too.

I like to include at least 2 Treasure troves in my runs, too. Specifically the one in Gloomwald and the one in Mountain Deeps.

I do Challenge Dungeon runs, too. At least SoT, for the Rings from Alkamos. Still had no luck, though. But the guaranteed Legendary drop is a good compensation anyway.

Last edited by SkeletorOne; 10-13-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:54 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontwannaknow0 View Post
I guess FG will change this though with the roguelike set pieces that are unique drops from each dungeon. I'm not overly keen on this feature that will force me to visit that area.
Even then, you'll only run PV until you get that piece and then go back to your usual pattern unless it's a conversion item where we'll go back to the Decree problem. The other roguelikes are much more fun.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:02 AM
Speaker

Well, lately i don't farm much, but at the beggining i farmed for a while in campaign. I fact, my first serious char was DK with a auto-farmed krieg set and a few fun greens picked up in the way. The heart of theodin martel stayed equipped long time

After that, i farmed a lot in 100-150 aspirant and challenging crucible.

Now, i only farm in crucible (Gladiator ) when i wanna try chars in the 150-170 waves.
And when i want MI, i farm in campaign
Old 10-13-2018, 11:51 AM
Supporter

-I got item while i'm rerolling some new char in campaign
-I do crucible too
-Trade with friend or other
Old 10-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Praetorian

The poll results are surprising, to say the least.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:57 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
The poll results are surprising, to say the least.
Is it? I voted crucible just to view results (i gdstash lol) but this isn't really surprising. Many people who ask for build advice often state "idc about cruci". I see it more often than people asking to fine tune their build for cruci. The cruci builders here don't farm anymore (cause they're either rich already like fluff or mad_lee or gdstashers like me or spanks) so a sizable portion of "cruci farmers" are already gone from the polls.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Initiate

99% of time ancient grove for stupid ugdenbloom
Old 10-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Counsel

Main game, no question about that.