Old 05-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Initiate

Wink Depraved Sanctuary!!

Who was able to access Depraved Sanctuary?

Great grim dawn! Best Game of 2013! Thx Crate!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Supporter

I've been in it a few times though enemies are a bit too tough (7-8 levels above me)

If you're looking on how to get there:

Spoiler Alert
You have to find a paper in the Burrwitch town or estate (forget which one) and then confront Direni in the starting area. Allow him to explain and he'll give you the key (you won't see key in inventory). Then simply go and click on door and it'll open. I don't have the paper anymore but if you want a more exact location/name of paper I can get it again today after work

Last edited by Knuckles; 05-20-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Campaigner

*Possible Spoiler Alert*

I just got done running Depraved Sanctuary. It was a blast, quite literally! I had no idea what to expect. Earlier today, I "beat" the Alpha with my Soldier/Occultist. Around level 19 or 20.

I've pretty much just been using Cadence and Forcewave, with a few points into the Raven summon. Started out using sword and shield, until I found a green gun that's been pretty effective, so I switched to range.

I decided to clear out every area I could find, and came across the indictment letter. I assumed I was going to kill the dude, but ended up with a key to the Depraved Sanctuary, instead.

Luckily, early on I discovered that door while out exploring. I assumed it would lead to something...

I am at level 20, and had one hell of hard time in D.S. I must have spent more time running backward, than forward, but me and my trusty Raven kept it together.

Those Summoners were a pain the ass! Each time I took one down, I was thinking "well that has to be the last one." ;)

I found some good loot in there. One blue glove that was like 71 armor. Also seemed to find a lot of Spirit based stuff. I'm not sure if there are any more side quests now that I have missed.

The Depraved Sanctuary is a lot of fun.

Last edited by Lucy Snorebush; 05-21-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Initiate

Exclamation

Had finished the game, I was looking for some items, and opening all possible map

I came across this mission in burriwitch, remembered the closed door of the cultist.

To my great surprise, I found Depraved Sanctuary.

I imagine with the full game, how many secret places manage to make.

Very fun, thanks crate.

Note: When I looked at the place with 3-4 Summoners, I thought the following ..... Holy Shit
Old 05-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Initiate

I was wondering what this quest did... where are these doors that lead to said sanctuary?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidfox View Post
I was wondering what this quest did... where are these doors that lead to said sanctuary?

SPOILER

Voidfox to get access, you have to find a book burrwitch village, then trigger a quest to confront direni in devils crossing.
Choose the option to leave him alive, he handed a key, return to burrwitch outskirts area and look for a door with some cultists.

Note: There appears no key in your inventory.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Acolyte

So if I decided to kill the guy there is no way for me to enter the door?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLFsT View Post
SPOILER

Voidfox to get access, you have to find a book burrwitch village, then trigger a quest to confront direni in devils crossing.
Choose the option to leave him alive, he handed a key, return to burrwitch outskirts area and look for a door with some cultists.

Note: There appears no key in your inventory.
Yea I have the quest and allowed him to survive, just having trouble finding the door. I'll keep looking.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Supporter

I killed Direni and haven't gotten that far with my second character yet, wouldn't the drops on average be better because the monster level is higher?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
wouldn't the drops on average be better because the monster level is higher?
Unfortunately, drop quality difference (if any) is almost unnoticeable. And Chtonian Harbringers are definitely the hardest monsters in the game (Warden is much easier - at least you have much less probability to die at him). Due to that, I usually avoid farming DS, just do it once per character and then for my videos only.
The most effective way to get good drop are fast Warden runs stopping only for heroes you meet on the way. Warden drops the only MI presented in the game yet (his shield "... of immortality" would be godly) and you have quite a good chance for greens or blues during that run.
If you want 26-28 lvl monsters it is much easier and faster to farm Hallowed Hill.

Tags
npcs, quests