Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Champion

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younghappy View Post
It's all these "item suggestion" threads that help me pass the time.
..and making me all eager to play GD already! NO, NOT FUN!

=)))

Anyway, keep goods coming, mate!

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support
Old 03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Initiate

Default ;)

The Ned Kelly helmet is my favorite i actually was thinking of a boss idea with Ned kelly or a similiar reputation of him in the game. He would be a bandit boss of course and would have adds(mobs of bandit gang members as part of the epic fight also) Major reward, a slight chance to drop Neds Helmet which is of legendary standard due to the fact Ned is a legend great job young happy, i hope more people come up with more folklore and give great ideas to crate
Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashburn View Post
I have to disagree Demasked, I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with Younghappy's outpouring of ideas and stuff and I don't think a small team like Crate would turn around and say "No we don't want your ideas and stuff, because we know it all." - leave that to Lord British. If it even gives Zentai or Med a smile, it's done it's job.
I think you are exaggerating my post just a bit. I have nothing against people coming up with ideas (and I have supported previous threads which Younghappy created so obviously I'm not compeltely against it), but when someone has an idea I will not always say "I agree, DO IT CRATE". I have an opinion just as anyone else does.

My opinion was simply that I didn't like the look of the first and second item (even if the second item IS apart of Australian History I still don't like the look of it). The third item isn't about the look just the idea of a 2 handed sword designed for casters (generally sums it up) which I do support and believe will be in the game.

As for Crate wanting ideas from the community of posts on these forums, if you hadn't noticed their ARE threads which have Crate support in changes and also polls which allow us the community to have a little impact on the content.

So essentially Crate WILL want ideas but in some areas Crate DOES know more then us. I don't want every idea that comes popping around in this forums to be so willingly accept by Crate Entertainment and I am sure a lot of other posters would agree with me on that point.

Conclusion: I am not against ideas from other people. I will comment on them in either a positive or negative way because I have an opinion. And in the end when it comes to the itemization I trust Crate will do a good job so that is my main opinion on this thread.

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Praetorian

Also a quick reference to the kickstarter website on Grim Dawn:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ment/grim-dawn

Notice the $1,000 and $4,000 pledges and how they can relate to either naming or creating items in the game.

I am simply adding this because people are stating that they want to see this exact item in the game.

Again I'm not against ideas and I know Crate is greatly influenced by the opinions, ideas and feedback from those on the forums, but obviously not every idea is going to be a 100% surety which I'm sure everyone here already knows.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Speaker

Hey Demasked, apologies if I came across hard, it just felt like you were dumping on Younghappy for posting ideas, not the ideas themselves.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Hey Demasked, apologies if I came across hard, it just felt like you were dumping on Younghappy for posting ideas, not the ideas themselves.
No problem. Just next time either check the persons post history (which would show that I am not always against Younghappy's ideas), and be careful with "feelings" because they can often lead to being hasty and writing something that you'll regret later on (I often recheck my post either before posting or afterwards with an edit).
Old 03-26-2013, 06:15 AM
Advocate

Quote:
I think it more or less had to do with a near duplicate post by YH.
I also like YoungHappy's posts & ideas. They r fun to discuss.
I personally can see the second & 3d item working. The first item bit less.

Keep the ideas sprouting YH. The wait till alpha is killing me & i'm checking these forums more than what's good for me.

Steam: fuzztron
Battle.net: Fussel#2472

Currently playing: PoE
Waiting for: Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth - Wolfenstein: the New Colossus - Dragonquest XI
Old 03-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Praetorian

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!
And the wait to alpha is so nearly over, and yet that seems to make it take longer! But as long as GD is the best it can be (from the way the devs are polishing the game even for an alpha looks pretty good to me ) I'll be satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
I think it more or less had to do with a near duplicate post by YH.
I also like YoungHappy's posts & ideas. They r fun to discuss.
I personally can see the second & 3d item working. The first item bit less.
Heh, the one I was expecting someone to say wouldn't work was the Trainwrecker's Helmet, as the devs may not be looking for real-world references in GD. Is anyone sure about this? We may need to summon the Minister of Information to see.

Quote:
Keep the ideas sprouting YH. The wait till alpha is killing me & i'm checking these forums more than what's good for me.
Thanks Shrimp, the wait till alpha is killing us all I'm sure, and I check these forums too often as well, like I'm expecting the alpha to release any hour now.
Cheers for the comments all of you,
Younghappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Younghappy is back - everything will be good now
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Advocate

Yes the wait is becoming unbearable. Really in dire need for a new aRPG among my game titles!

Steam: fuzztron
Battle.net: Fussel#2472

Currently playing: PoE
Waiting for: Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth - Wolfenstein: the New Colossus - Dragonquest XI
Closed Thread

Tags
armor, classes, itemization, items, uniques