Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Praetorian

Cool [Request] Unusual Class Items

*I have cleared this thread as the ideas I suggested here are now included in my newer thread*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Younghappy is back - everything will be good now

Last edited by Younghappy; 03-23-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Minister of Information

I do not know, if there will be static items for any of the dual-classes, but with the announced rare affixes you could find items, which have skill+ bonuses for two masteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affixes View Post
In Grim Dawn you can even get double-rare, unique items where the item has its own magical attributes and then also receives affixes. [9]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Commando's - Rare prefix
+Physique
+Cunning
+% Defensive Ability
+% Fire Damage
+1 to Forcewave
+1 to Grenado

Alternatively, you might get +1 to Cadence and +1 to Mortar Trap. There are a few variations, but not every possible combination of class skills.
That is unless such an affix only appears as prefix, but never as suffix.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Advocate

Damn man X'caliboar ... good ol' WoW memories.
Ofc all these hunter melee weapons were simply stat sticks. But I admit it was cool nonetheless.
I also liked that trinket (forgot the name) which was a very rare drop from a certain ogre in Feralas. It made your looks switch to a wizard like class of the opposite faction. As a NE warrior, it was awesome tanking like an undead wizard with massive shield & sword.
I think itemization in WoW was done really well. I liked the loot table drops from bosses etc ... damn such fine memories
*edit: this was the monster dropping "orb of deception": http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11498 *

Steam: fuzztron
Battle.net: Fussel#2472

Currently playing: PoE
Waiting for: Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth - Wolfenstein: the New Colossus - Dragonquest XI

Last edited by Shrimp; 03-09-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
Damn man X'caliboar ... good ol' WoW memories.
Ofc all these hunter melee weapons were simply stat sticks. But I admit it was cool nonetheless.
I also liked that trinket (forgot the name) which was a very rare drop from a certain ogre in Feralas. It made your looks switch to a wizard like class of the opposite faction. As a NE warrior, it was awesome tanking like an undead wizard with massive shield & sword.
I think itemization in WoW was done really well. I liked the loot table drops from bosses etc ... damn such fine memories
*edit: this was the monster dropping "orb of deception": http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11498 *
Yeah, it's this sort of stuff I'm talking about! Stuff that your class wouldn't usually use (two-handed melee weapon for a caster, cloth armour for soldier, etc.) except it's specifically made for your class! The X'caliboar (despite being a parody item) was actually awesome in this regard. Massive two-handed sword, looks like what a warrior would use, except the stats were exactly what a hunter class would use over a warrior class!
And that "Orb of Deception", I can't believe I never saw or heard of that! I would have loved something like that!
Quote:

Last edited by Younghappy; 03-09-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Advocate

Hehe, although I still prefer my warrior to look like a plate-geared giant with massive axe, I liked those little tweaks too.
Imo the trinket was a great item for it. it was way too bad (adds no stats whatsoever) to do end-raiding tanking. But it was fun to fool around with in easy/lower lvl instances.
Btw iirc the orb is bind on equip so it might be available on AH. I just farmed it back in my addicted wow years, as it was kinda expensive.

Waiting for: Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth - Wolfenstein: the New Colossus - Dragonquest XI
Old 03-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Initiate

I really liked the idea!You see,even a person that plays only caster type like me would enjoy the idea,you see,some weapons would be of a good use,like...a staff for Demolitionist,based on strenght and melee stuff,a violent name would be proper for such item ''Gorerod'' or ''Mage Smasher'',it would be a lot of fun,or maybe,a bow for spellcasters,that bow would provide...other things that not spell boost,but things that spellcasters also need,like cooldown reduction,mana recovery,faster caster hit ,ignores % of resistance and go on...items like that provides a good amount of customization,and cutomization is aways good.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
I really liked the idea!You see,even a person that plays only caster type like me would enjoy the idea,you see,some weapons would be of a good use,like...a staff for Demolitionist,based on strenght and melee stuff,a violent name would be proper for such item ''Gorerod'' or ''Mage Smasher'',it would be a lot of fun,or maybe,a bow for spellcasters,that bow would provide...other things that not spell boost,but things that spellcasters also need,like cooldown reduction,mana recovery,faster caster hit ,ignores % of resistance and go on...items like that provides a good amount of customization,and cutomization is aways good.
That's my point exactly, more of a visual change than a stat change. Like if I found a that two-handed Witchfury sword for my occultist, I would still want it to grant occultist stats (as it has an occultist-related name and everything), except the playstyle is different; more of a warrior sort of weapon - you get my idea
Quote:

Last edited by Younghappy; 03-10-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Supporter

Wow, good to see that people can actually eventually STOP playing WoW. lol

I played it for about 15 mins near when it came out and thought, "wow this is gona take AAAAAAAAAGES" and gave up. lol Never played it again.

Back on topis, I like this idea. If it doesn't cost too much resources and we miss out on something else then this would be a really fun mini idea that would add that little bit of spice when looking at your items and skills and choosing what to do.

'Loyalty' Supporter
Love your work
Old 03-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Supporter

I love how so many people are against WoW (like me, but not so bias) and are like "don't turn my game into WoW! It's not WoW!" yet so many people get great/good ideas directly from WoW and you can't argue, they did alot of things right. A LOT. (I just don't like the game )

'Loyalty' Supporter
Love your work
Old 03-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofo View Post
Wow, good to see that people can actually eventually STOP playing WoW. lol

I played it for about 15 mins near when it came out and thought, "wow this is gona take AAAAAAAAAGES" and gave up. lol Never played it again.
It's a good thing you never got hooked on it mate.
I started with WoW because some of my friends played it. Before WoW, I truly believed you had to be a fool/moron to pay monthly fees for playing a game.
But my friends kept talking me into it. And eventually I did pay for 1 month subscription.

After about 18 days or so I quit the game. It just didn't appeal to me. I pretty much played alone every time (my friends being level 60 & raiding while I had to level all the way from level 1). It felt like a waaaay too big single-player RPG to me & I had to pay a monthly fee for it.
Two more months passed. At that time a major patch was released & my friends started pushing me again to play the game. I said I didn't like it & wouldn't spend another dime on it.
Eventually one of my friends paid another month subscription for me.

The first 2 days felt the same again & I was like: "I'm gonna quit. What in the name of God do people like about this sh*tgame?" But then I learned to know some people to level with etc
I really got hooked by the social aspect of the game, the challenging boss battles, lore & item rush.
At the end of that month I just couldn't resist paying for another month & so on.
Before I knew it I was doing instances & quests with these folks, growing eventually into a hardcore end-raiding guild.

During The Burning Crusade my studies & social life really suffered.
I lost some friends & got some bad-semi grades.
I kept telling myself the monthly fee wasn't such a big deal. Because before I played WoW, I bought a new game every 1-2 months, which was even more expensive. While the years that I played WoW, i didn't play a single other game.

I quit late 2009 (somewhere halfway through Wrath of The Lich King expansion)
Looking back on it, I'm REALLY glad I quit WoW. In hindsight, it wasn't worth wasting 2 college years to it. (It did turn out alright though. I didn't lose a year and got in contact with my old friends again)

But what I want to say with all of this, is that WoW had to be an exceptionally good game to get me hooked/addicted.
Sure, everyone is entitled to say that WoW sucks. But although I nowadays wish I had never set foot in Azeroth (nor will I ever again), I think these people don't know what they are talking about. In my opinion WoW is possibly the best game ever created.
The downside is that I can't help but compare (nearly) every game to it. Which isn't fair and results in being disappointed in games I'd normally love.

This post is getting way longer than I anticipated, so long story short:
Would I ever recommend WoW to someone? - No. Don't touch it. It's not worth it & WAY too time consuming.
Do I think WoW is a great game? - Absolutely. They did so many things right, it's almost frightening.

*Let the bashing begin. *

Last edited by Shrimp; 03-09-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
affixes, builds, ideas, itemization, items, uniques