Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-15-2017, 07:15 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
Thank you. Was just curious as to how many types you ended up with. It's silly, I know, but having tons of random damage types thrown in bugs me, XD.
Yeah it feels clunky to me as well

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 04-30-2017, 08:02 PM
Initiate

looked through a couple of your builds, was encouraged to play but then realized none of them actually have in depth leveling guides. in order for you to take your build guide to the next level you need to provide an in depth leveling guide.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Campaigner

Play your usual DW Nightblade with Mistborn Talisman until you get Scourge. That's all for in-depth leveling guide.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 05-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfp4 View Post
looked through a couple of your builds, was encouraged to play but then realized none of them actually have in depth leveling guides. in order for you to take your build guide to the next level you need to provide an in depth leveling guide.
Leveling Guides are all easy. What class are you? Well, X Class just uses Y weapons, whatever they come across, with Z skill, and that gets them through Normal and part of Elite just fine, which is usually around when you can start using whatever weapons and skills the build is calling for.

See? Done. You don't need a leveling guide to get through Normal and around 1/2 of Elite if you just look at whatever the easiest way to level with that class is. It doesn't change. Also, if you don't want to level as the first class... There's TWO! So even if you don't know how to cheese early leveling with one of the classes, you should know the way for the other.... Unless you're entirely new, and then you really shouldn't be looking at leveling guides, because you won't have any of the gear it talks about.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:49 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Plus ABB doesn't work with DW melee, if you still need it i can provide you the damage breakdown
Can please explain why it doesn't work with DW?
Old 05-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrivanzyl View Post
Can please explain why it doesn't work with DW?
ABB as DW melee only hits with the offhand.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluorineWizard View Post
ABB as DW melee only hits with the offhand.
Am I the only one who thinks that makes no sense? An attack ability, in the tree devoted to dual wielding all over the place... Doesn't dual wield? That seems counter-intuitive, considering that the entire top line is devoted to just that, as is much of their specific gear and some of their other skills.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that makes no sense? An attack ability, in the tree devoted to dual wielding all over the place... Doesn't dual wield? That seems counter-intuitive, considering that the entire top line is devoted to just that, as is much of their specific gear and some of their other skills.
Pretty sure everybody who is aware of the issue finds it stupid. Even stupider is that *ranged* DW ABB which was originally not meant to be possible, DOES have the same chance of hitting with both weapons as a normal attack.

It should definitely be fixed because that issue basically precludes DW builds from investing into ABB itself since the point investment is hard to turn into a DPS gain. So those builds 1-point the base skill and max Lethal Assault. This also leads to some seriously clunky gameplay where optimal DPS is reached by only casting ABB as little as possible to keep LA up.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluorineWizard View Post
Pretty sure everybody who is aware of the issue finds it stupid. Even stupider is that *ranged* DW ABB which was originally not meant to be possible, DOES have the same chance of hitting with both weapons as a normal attack.

It should definitely be fixed because that issue basically precludes DW builds from investing into ABB itself since the point investment is hard to turn into a DPS gain. So those builds 1-point the base skill and max Lethal Assault. This also leads to some seriously clunky gameplay where optimal DPS is reached by only casting ABB as little as possible to keep LA up.
I find this extremely stupid myself

I noticed it when i made the ABB Breaker that we could hit with both hands with Pistols

Wish they fix it

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-28-2017, 06:32 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Whirling Death and Belgothian Shears have been dropped due to being a single target DPS loss, they also dilute the WPS pool and reduce chances for an execution or AQC hit.
But they do not. As long as the sum of all WPS chances doesn't exceed 100%, they don't overlap.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206

Tags
cabalist, cold, scourge strike, spellbreaker, witch hunter