Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-15-2017, 07:15 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
Thank you. Was just curious as to how many types you ended up with. It's silly, I know, but having tons of random damage types thrown in bugs me, XD.
Yeah it feels clunky to me as well
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-30-2017, 08:02 PM
sfp4 sfp4 is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 18
Default

looked through a couple of your builds, was encouraged to play but then realized none of them actually have in depth leveling guides. in order for you to take your build guide to the next level you need to provide an in depth leveling guide.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Strigvir Strigvir is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 775
Default

Play your usual DW Nightblade with Mistborn Talisman until you get Scourge. That's all for in-depth leveling guide.
__________________
Kymon's Chosen in a nutshell:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=194
Aetherials in a nutshell:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Nssheepster Nssheepster is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfp4 View Post
looked through a couple of your builds, was encouraged to play but then realized none of them actually have in depth leveling guides. in order for you to take your build guide to the next level you need to provide an in depth leveling guide.
Leveling Guides are all easy. What class are you? Well, X Class just uses Y weapons, whatever they come across, with Z skill, and that gets them through Normal and part of Elite just fine, which is usually around when you can start using whatever weapons and skills the build is calling for.

See? Done. You don't need a leveling guide to get through Normal and around 1/2 of Elite if you just look at whatever the easiest way to level with that class is. It doesn't change. Also, if you don't want to level as the first class... There's TWO! So even if you don't know how to cheese early leveling with one of the classes, you should know the way for the other.... Unless you're entirely new, and then you really shouldn't be looking at leveling guides, because you won't have any of the gear it talks about.
__________________
For those who need comprehension aids:
Best/Opinion/Fact http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=492058#post492058
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-03-2017, 02:49 PM
petrivanzyl's Avatar
petrivanzyl petrivanzyl is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Plus ABB doesn't work with DW melee, if you still need it i can provide you the damage breakdown
Can please explain why it doesn't work with DW?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Somewhere between 1 month to 10 months.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-03-2017, 03:05 PM
FluorineWizard FluorineWizard is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrivanzyl View Post
Can please explain why it doesn't work with DW?
ABB as DW melee only hits with the offhand.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Nssheepster Nssheepster is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluorineWizard View Post
ABB as DW melee only hits with the offhand.
Am I the only one who thinks that makes no sense? An attack ability, in the tree devoted to dual wielding all over the place... Doesn't dual wield? That seems counter-intuitive, considering that the entire top line is devoted to just that, as is much of their specific gear and some of their other skills.
__________________
For those who need comprehension aids:
Best/Opinion/Fact http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=492058#post492058
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-03-2017, 03:41 PM
FluorineWizard FluorineWizard is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that makes no sense? An attack ability, in the tree devoted to dual wielding all over the place... Doesn't dual wield? That seems counter-intuitive, considering that the entire top line is devoted to just that, as is much of their specific gear and some of their other skills.
Pretty sure everybody who is aware of the issue finds it stupid. Even stupider is that *ranged* DW ABB which was originally not meant to be possible, DOES have the same chance of hitting with both weapons as a normal attack.

It should definitely be fixed because that issue basically precludes DW builds from investing into ABB itself since the point investment is hard to turn into a DPS gain. So those builds 1-point the base skill and max Lethal Assault. This also leads to some seriously clunky gameplay where optimal DPS is reached by only casting ABB as little as possible to keep LA up.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluorineWizard View Post
Pretty sure everybody who is aware of the issue finds it stupid. Even stupider is that *ranged* DW ABB which was originally not meant to be possible, DOES have the same chance of hitting with both weapons as a normal attack.

It should definitely be fixed because that issue basically precludes DW builds from investing into ABB itself since the point investment is hard to turn into a DPS gain. So those builds 1-point the base skill and max Lethal Assault. This also leads to some seriously clunky gameplay where optimal DPS is reached by only casting ABB as little as possible to keep LA up.
I find this extremely stupid myself

I noticed it when i made the ABB Breaker that we could hit with both hands with Pistols

Wish they fix it
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-28-2017, 06:32 PM
Strigvir Strigvir is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Whirling Death and Belgothian Shears have been dropped due to being a single target DPS loss, they also dilute the WPS pool and reduce chances for an execution or AQC hit.
But they do not. As long as the sum of all WPS chances doesn't exceed 100%, they don't overlap.
__________________
Kymon's Chosen in a nutshell:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=194
Aetherials in a nutshell:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cabalist, cold, scourge strike, spellbreaker, witch hunter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.