Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-10-2014, 05:13 AM
Lord Advocate

Default You need to implement more or better lightning gear.

I find and craft tons of stupid gear with physical, piercing, fire/burn and poison/acid gear. Very easy to gear up a toon using these damage types. Cold, chaos & Vitality are also pretty easy to fine. I've leveled 4 characters to 35 who's primary damage was lightning. The gear is very scarce and hard to come by. To get even remotely decent gear I had to spend 6 hours crafting. And even after this most of my gear was actually % elemental damage and usually between 10 to 15%. Yet I constantly find much higher percentage gear for other damage types. The lightning damage weapons seem to be easy enough to get but the gear just doesn't seem to drop or craft very often. I have put over 500 hours in this game and still can't get a good set of gear for my Lightning Damage Builds. Plus I don't recall ever seeing any gear items with % electrocute gear ever. I really enjoy the game but its killing me that my Lightning Specs are much inferior to my other damage specs.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:23 AM
Praetorian

Frostburn damage also is a bit lacking but I'm sure the devs know this.

Hopefully we'll see some additions in the future
Old 08-10-2014, 07:25 AM
Advocate

I found the same thing when trying to gear up a lightning stun jack build I did in the past.. was frustrating for sure.

Ironically, I would then always find fire damage, cold damage etc.. and now that I'm building a fire commando, guess what, I haven't found much at all toward decent fire gear. go figure.

Current Characters (HC Vet)
2H Witchblade (Blade Arc, WarCry, Cadence)
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denizen View Post
Ironically, I would then always find fire damage, cold damage etc.. and now that I'm building a fire commando, guess what, I haven't found much at all toward decent fire gear. go figure.
That's always how it works in these types of games. You always find gear that's perfect for all builds except the one you're playing. lol

I can't tell you how many awesome epic guns my pure soldier has found.

Kickstarter Contributor - Hoarder's Edition - 5/2/2012
Old 08-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Praetorian

I have created a lightning build, it is not the strongest but it will do the job (can even fight through SoT level 4-5) i can post a build of it and show you some of my items?
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X
Old 08-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg View Post
I find and craft tons of stupid gear with physical, piercing, fire/burn and poison/acid gear. Very easy to gear up a toon using these damage types. Cold, chaos & Vitality are also pretty easy to fine. I've leveled 4 characters to 35 who's primary damage was lightning. The gear is very scarce and hard to come by. To get even remotely decent gear I had to spend 6 hours crafting. And even after this most of my gear was actually % elemental damage and usually between 10 to 15%. Yet I constantly find much higher percentage gear for other damage types. The lightning damage weapons seem to be easy enough to get but the gear just doesn't seem to drop or craft very often. I have put over 500 hours in this game and still can't get a good set of gear for my Lightning Damage Builds. Plus I don't recall ever seeing any gear items with % electrocute gear ever. I really enjoy the game but its killing me that my Lightning Specs are much inferior to my other damage specs.
yea, there's not much for lightning gear, but plenty of elemental gear, that affects the same type, and demo tree is the only one that gives %lightning, and electrocute % damage
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7  
Old 08-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

We are aware. In fact we are so aware that B20 is adding 24 new epic items and 13 new rare affixes which add new options for (among other things): Lightning, Cold, Poison, Electrocute and Coldburn builds.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
We are aware. In fact we are so aware that B20 is adding 24 new epic items and 13 new rare affixes which add new options for (among other things): Lightning, Cold, Poison, Electrocute and Coldburn builds.
This is good news, TYVM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikkiedik View Post
I have created a lightning build, it is not the strongest but it will do the job (can even fight through SoT level 4-5) i can post a build of it and show you some of my items?
Yeah I've cleared SoT also on 3 of my 4 Builds. Again they do the job but if I had gear as good as my other builds I would be much happier.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Great news
Old 08-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
I'm very happy. This is a great thing.
Closed Thread

Tags
damage, itemization