Old 11-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Praetorian

Cool A Few Item Ideas

Hey guys,
So recently I was looking through all these cool item icon pictures from games, and I found a few I thought would suit GD well, and, to put it simply, I decided to post them with the slightest hope a dev would see them and like them enough to include them in the game. So here they are:

Ch'thonian Lord's Garment

In GD's Kickstarter video, from 3:34 to 4:31, a large demonic enemy (which medierra calls a Ch'thonian Lord) can be seen in action. It wields a giant hammer and wears what appears to be plate armor as well as a long ragged frock. Personally, I would feel badass with this, some plate armor and a massive hammer equipped, role-playing a Ch'thonian. Anyone agree?

Regimental Colors of the Guard

During the Victorian era, GD's relative time frame, battles were regiments of infantry lining up and firing at one another until one side broke and ran. Regimental Colors were employed by some generals as a rallying call to the troops. If this was implemented as a "talisman" item in GD, it could make allies/pets fight more effectively. Not only would this be a useful item for summoners, it is thematically cool and historically accurate. Win-win! (It would also be useful for fighting alongside the guards outside Devil's Crossing )

Malefactor's Anguish

Hanging was a common punishment during the Victorian era, so I think it would be cool to have a noose as a "talisman" item. It could add Offensive Ability (OA), or be similar to TQ's Paen wherein it adds damage despite it not being a weapon. Or, in a similar fashion, it could grant one of those "X% chance of X% reduction to enemy health" stats. As you can see, I haven't really put work into the stats (I don't know if the devs will even see this thread). To put it simply, I think a noose as an item would be thematically cool, and plus, it has a little historical flare to it as well

Sailor's Knotted Charm

I've always loved naval/nautical-themed items in games, and I figured if I was going to mention some thematically accurate items, why not throw in one with a theme I personally enjoy? This item, or something similar, would go in the "talisman" slot, and because in games (or at least a few that I've played) the ocean is represented as calming, etc., it would grant faster energy/mana regen and Defensive Ability (DA).

Well I hope you guys enjoyed reading through these item ideas, and I'd appreciate feedback!
Cheers,
Younghappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Younghappy is back - everything will be good now
Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Campaigner

Cool as always Younghappy. A litle knoted charm is awesome, but a full net can make a very effective offensive weapon to disarm opponents and knock them down.

In my current tabletop campaign the era is what we call 'Pirates' so black powder, some slightly more sophisticated, large use of melee weapons of all sorts (next encounter destroyed by a net wielding first mate), open waters, and magic (no flying ships yet).
Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KondaImmortal View Post
Cool as always Younghappy. A litle knoted charm is awesome, but a full net can make a very effective offensive weapon to disarm opponents and knock them down.

In my current tabletop campaign the era is what we call 'Pirates' so black powder, some slightly more sophisticated, large use of melee weapons of all sorts (next encounter destroyed by a net wielding first mate), open waters, and magic (no flying ships yet).
Thanks for the compliment, Konda! Pirates are pure win to me, plain and simple. I hope we'll get to see something similar in GD, where we travel near the coast and have to deal with some raiders, etc., and yeah, I know how effective nets can be. I've personally seen re-enactments of gladitorial games during a historical festival, which was very fun. Throw the net, and either ensnare your opponent or whip their legs out from under them Or both.
Cheers,
Younghappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Younghappy is back - everything will be good now
Closed Thread

Tags
equipment, itemization, items, loot, uniques