Old 05-16-2018, 04:19 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
New game mode? Please be single play-thru, please be single play-thru...

It's probably not, but with another expansion there's even more reason for it.
Quote:
But wait, there’s more! Ultimate power awaits those brave enough to tackle the Forgotten Gods shattering new game mode. Survive its treacherous challenges and be rewarded with Legendary blueprints for the most powerful Runes in the game.
Pretty much confirmed that it has nothing to do with the current number of difficulties. And another expansion changes nothing really since you can still skip it in Normal and Elite.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
In no way asking due to my love of a certain ARPG shape shifting class.
I would love to see the Grim Dawn "twist" on a Druid class. Some sort of Eldritch Fleshwarper perhaps.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Speaker

WoW...Leap slam, teleport, and a real charge now in GD. Think I've died and gone to ARPG heaven. You guys continually push the bar further ahead. amazing! The only thing that would make this better is for it to come sooner!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:00 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Looks awesome

Really awesome

I am throwing money at the screen but I don't think anything is happening
lol

we need to throw MOAR money at the screen maybe!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:59 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
New game mode? Please be single play-thru, please be single play-thru...

It's probably not, but with another expansion there's even more reason for it.
I want this so badly

One run to finish them all!
One rule to rule them all!
One ring to rule them all!

Got a couple of friends who got tired of the game when they reach Ultimate difficulty.
Maybe if there were a different way to do the story, and no, crucible is worse if you talk repetitive modes.

I got a tip: Let us have the option to create a level 60 or 70 character from the start with default gear with Ultimate enabled by OFFICIAL means. That would put a stop to the Blank Characters that people keep sharing.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Supporter

I like the back and forth argument of "Crate should add blah blah blah this from Diablo and PoE" now it's "Please don't make this game like PoE and Diablo!" I know it isn't the same people stating this, but from a broad insight this is how it's coming across.

I've been wanting mobility skills like this. Especially a blink and disengage skill. Having an extra "Oh shit" ability is nice.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

I guess so, but it's yet another skill to try and fit onto an already overcrowded hotkey bar.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:23 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyA View Post
I want this so badly

One run to finish them all!
One rule to rule them all!
One ring to rule them all!

Got a couple of friends who got tired of the game when they reach Ultimate difficulty.
Maybe if there were a different way to do the story, and no, crucible is worse if you talk repetitive modes.

I got a tip: Let us have the option to create a level 60 or 70 character from the start with default gear with Ultimate enabled by OFFICIAL means. That would put a stop to the Blank Characters that people keep sharing.
This will never happen, way too much work would be needed to be done. Like the resistance penalty having to be changed because with only one difficulty you would start with -50% resist penalty. And if they reduced the penalty or remove it, resists on items would need to be reduced because currently with no resist penalty, your resists can be overcapped to hell.

Then there's devotion points. Stucking 55 devotion shrines in a single playthrough would be ridiculous. At best they can do now is make Elite optional, meaning you unlock both Elite and Ultimate on Normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzlegend View Post
I like the back and forth argument of "Crate should add blah blah blah this from Diablo and PoE" now it's "Please don't make this game like PoE and Diablo!" I know it isn't the same people stating this, but from a broad insight this is how it's coming across.
I sure as hell don't want this game to be like PoE or Diablo, in any capacity.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:37 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
I sure as hell don't want this game to be like PoE or Diablo, in any capacity.
I'm 100% with you! If you want anything from those games, just play those games!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
This will never happen, way too much work would be needed to be done. Like the resistance penalty having to be changed because with only one difficulty you would start with -50% resist penalty.
make it act based or player level based then, probably not too much work if they really wanted to have one playthrough only

Quote:
Then there's devotion points. Stucking 55 devotion shrines in a single playthrough would be ridiculous.
agreed, but you would not get to level 100 without farming either, so have new bounties/quests (ie larger bounties) that give devotion points and kill two birds with one stone

Tags
grim misadventure