Old 03-30-2016, 07:53 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthul View Post
Uroboruuk you will find in East Marsh very close the devotion shrine, there a place with a sacrificial altar where some skeletons spawns, i dont know but i think that he spawns randomly.
Ceno already cleared that, it's his Guardian hijacked by Cthonians.

Quote:
About the Outcast's god, its a supposition, because Order's of Death have Uroboruuk as their god, Kymon's tells you about Empyrion (dont remember if he is their god), and the Outcasts dont make reference to any god, its a little strange that the other 2 "elemental based" factions mentions their gods and the Outcasts dont...
Outcast isn't a faction per se, it shows up as one in the faction list but Outcast refers only to the witch. She is the only one in that faction as far as i can tell. And she's an aetherial defector (Judging from Lucius' note, unless she planted that )

Also, can someone post a screenshot of Anasteria's boss form (after we kill her she can be fought in her boss form (wrath of Aether))?

Quote:
Its another interesting thing, the notes tell us "heading east" but dont tell where is the starting point for this "heading east", or I'm doing another mistake?
There's another interesting thing about Uroboruuk's journal:

In page 1 its write: "somewhere to the Northeast of Burrwitch..."
And then in the page 2 he describes his battles againist Harbingers of chaos, but to the Northeast of Burrwitch there are only ethereal enemies! But if you look to the extreme Northeast, up from the Warden's Lab portal, there's clearly a City in the map, near the end of lake! It could be there where's Uroboruuk fight the harbingers?

Actually, the ones he fought are Cthonians who were heading east just as him to investigate the energy source. There is no Cthonian camp there, not anymore atleast since I am pretty sure Uro wiped them all out.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:58 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35473

Below first post and the file you need to read is called npc _ outcast orsomthing. (im on my mobile atm)

The battle of uroboruuk took place in Eastmarch i think.

There is also a older thread about Lore theocrafting here: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31740 there i mentioned that Korvaak could be solae's.
Holy shit! I found some notes in the localization files regarding the quest a Pledge to cairn, Outcast's revenge, and a bunch of more stuff.

Thanks man.

P.S, yeah i don't get these dialogue options as well
Old 03-30-2016, 08:20 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigvir View Post
Speaking of Uroboruuk, why does Mogdrogen imply he doesn't exist? That wrecks the lore behind SoT and the foundation of Order of Death's Vigil.
As it's already been stated in this thread earlier on, and judging from Mog's own dialogues we know he isn't omniscient.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Apostle

How do i change my profile picutre or upgrade forum status from "initiate"?

Question, I am not at nemesis with all the factions. So far only with Aetherials, Cthonians and Undead. Toughest enemy amongst them was the Aetherial nemesis (Vald..something? can't remember the name). I have yet to fight Mogdrogen. My aim is to fight the toughest boss, should i go for nemesis with factions or fight Mog or fight Bourbon in Edge of Reality. Which is tougher?

Last edited by Chthon; 03-30-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Campaigner

Let's reference the info only available in-game without fiddling with internal files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Mogdrogen is not omniscient. He does not know everything. Or, if he does know of Uroboruuk's existence, perhaps he is protecting the necromancer.
Just think for a second, the avatar spawned from a honored-level quest doesn't have problems admitting he pretty much set up the fall of Arkovia, but acknowledging Uroboruuk (which is closely related to Rhowari anyway) is too much. Besides, he speaks of him in the same arrogant tone he shittalks the player character, so I don't know where the whole "defence" part come from.

The aetherial in the starting cutscene says they were here before people. But the whole Cairn is the unwilling creation of Ch'thon. In this context it doesn't make sense they do the whole "body preparation and human cattle" thing when they could just wipe out everything akin to Ch'ton himself.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 03-30-2016, 08:33 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
What makes you say that?
Zantai posted a comment a while ago in a thread like this about enjoying reading our (inaccurate) thoughts on the Lore.

Quote:
Or maybe he's just plainly arrogant. Maybe he doesn't appreciate the fact that a group of mortals (Order of Death's Vigil) chose to worship another mortal (by that i mean a non-deity, we all know Urboruuk is immortal). It probably hurt his ego.

I am curious, what makes you think he is protecting the Necromancer.
Because, as a writer of scifi, I love plottwists.

Quote:
Also, what makes you think the dude needs protection from?
If Grim Dawn has taught me one thing, it's that no matter how defensive you build your character, you can be killed. This extends to Uroboruuk's character build, though he's probably cheating.

Quote:
Don't pay attention to Edge of Reality, the level was designed by patching together pre-release/alpha/early-access content of the game

I don't suppose you'd be willing to post a video of clearing Edge of Reality would you? :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLeH66vH3gM

Quote:
Could be the head honcho of Aetherials (the one Lucius was reporting to and the one who instructed Kreig to stop with his torturing of prisoners.

But we have seen that Aetherials have been very strategic. Wouldn't the best course of action be to make the capital of Cairn their main base? But if the capital is Northeast of Burwitch then you're right.

But if we factor in the lore from Karroz's note, then the Aetherials are mere former pawns of Gods. In some note (a cthonian note, can't remember name) someone says that only one Harbringer (those summoner dudes who most of us guys can clear easily) is enough to take back Wightmire from the Aetherials. And in the note dropped by Lucius, the guy mentions a disturbing presence (Log).
This indicates the Aetherials are no more than fodder in a much bigger plot. They're clearly inferior to the Cthonians, so it's unlikely that the reason for the disturbance in the Northeast of Burwitch is being caused by Aetherials. Since, it was enough to disturb Uroboruuk (who hasn't even bothered mentioning the Aetherials in his notes) and the Cthonians (the ones who were heading east to check on the energy, the ones who Uro fought)
I won't say I expect the Aetherials to be the 'big bad' of the Grim Dawn story, because I don't. But I do expect them to pose a significant threat to mankind's remnants, moreso than they have as of yet. I wouldn't consider them inferior to Chthonians, so Chthon himself is likely more powerful than everything Aetherial in existence, being a God and all. Though, then again, perhaps he has been weakened as a God, having been left in a dying state for several eternities. Maybe as long as the Cult does not fulfill there dreams of returning blood to their master, the Aetherials have a shot at permanently ending Chthon's continued aggression.

But, again, I don't think Aetherials are the 'big bad'. I just consider them equals to the Chthonians, implying that Chthon isn't the 'big bad' either.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:43 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
How do i change my profile picutre or upgrade forum status from "initiate"?

Question, I am not at nemesis with all the factions. So far only with Aetherials, Cthonians and Undead. Toughest enemy amongst them was the Aetherial nemesis (Vald..something? can't remember the name). I have yet to fight Mogdrogen. My aim is to fight the toughest boss, should i go for nemesis with factions or fight Mog or fight Bourbon in Edge of Reality. Which is tougher?
Mog is toughest.

Edit your pic via here: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/profi...?do=editavatar

You upgrade forum status from Initiate by postcount, generally. Praetorian titles designate playtesters for the game.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:43 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Let's reference the info only available in-game without fiddling with internal files.

Just think for a second, the avatar spawned from a honored-level quest doesn't have problems admitting he pretty much set up the fall of Arkovia, but acknowledging Uroboruuk (which is closely related to Rhowari anyway) is too much. Besides, he speaks of him in the same arrogant tone he shittalks the player character, so I don't know where the whole "defence" part come from.
Nice! Yeah, i kinda want to kill him for that. But main reason i am not picking a fight is because last time i hastily attacked someone (Silas in fishing village, it ended in a tragedy. The only mistake i made. Even spared the fraud couple who staged hostage situation)

Does killing him make the Rovers our enemy? Or does it permanently banish him from the game? Or does it turn him into a permanent enemy. I mean whenever we're near the dude would try to whack us. Will that happen? Or does it not do anything and the guy remains where he was when we restart the game after killing him?

Quote:
The aetherial in the starting cutscene says they were here before people. But the whole Cairn is the unwilling creation of Ch'thon. In this context it doesn't make sense they do the whole "body preparation and human cattle" thing when they could just wipe out everything akin to Ch'ton himself.
It makes sense actually. Aetherials are agents of Gods. Well former, but they probably were used in battling Chthon (if that is what the war of Gods was about) and when the Gods won they banished them into the formless aether. Since, they lack physical bodies my guess is that they can't access all their powers hence the whole human cattle thing. As for wiping out Chthon or anything akin to him, well that isn't an easy task. The aetherials might be powerful but they (lore wise) seem inferior to Chthonians. I hope that made as much sense as it did inside my head.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:45 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Does killing him make the Rovers our enemy? Or does it permanently banish him from the game? Or does it turn him into a permanent enemy. I mean whenever we're near the dude would try to whack us. Will that happen? Or does it not do anything and the guy remains where he was when we restart the game after killing him?
Aside than mocking you if you fail to kill him or respecting you as a competent foe if you succeed in destroying his Avatar, no, there are no permanent repercussions for attacking him.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:49 AM
Praetorian

There is a broken bridge that you cannot pass yet if you head to the East Marsh area, so maybe Uroboruuk is on the other side somewhere and we'll be able to repair that bridge on an expansion?

Also, it would be funny if the thing that Urboruuk is going after is Beronath, The Beast of Legend returned thanks to the Aetherials (maybe even possessed), because you DO fight it's spawn nearby , so who knows?

-Lokkar, master of the Crucible

Tags
discussion, lore